Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sack Griffin

Let's hope it doesn't disappear. If we play like we did tonight we will win more than we lose

Yes, but is that enough?

For mine, the attack out wide is starting to come together, but we need more set plays. The Storm showed us a few nice ones last night even though one was utterly cheating.

Also, we need to make more use of Gillett and Glenn as ball playing back rowers like Stewart and Whatmough. At present, we have no structures developed for that. Neither Glenn nor Gillett get ball with room nor support.

Yeah man, we know you're god's gift to humanity when it comes to rugby league. :001_rolleyes:

Lol port, I'm glad your on this forum. Sometimes I think I'm the only one that thinks this way

I think a lot of us feel that way, but there's a little thing we've learned on the interwebz:
tumblr_mfp8971y771qclwico1_400.jpg

I think a lot of us feel that way, but there's a little thing we've learned on the interwebz:
tumblr_mfp8971y771qclwico1_400.jpg

That's a good point, and I have been guilty of giving him more meals than tinkler. I should stop though, thanks Coxy :)

Article in the Telegraph about Teo, but it has some information about Griffin and the Broncos.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...at-the-rabbitohs/story-e6frexqr-1226612790627

To me that says Griffin isn't managing the individuals correctly and if the Rabbitohs coach can see issues with Teo and his defense and correct them, then why didn't Griffin? It's no wonder our guys have stopped developing underneath him. Could also be Teo having a sook because he wasn't picked, but I think there's some truth there.

Not sure how much you can read in to that though. Sounds like a typical blow the wind up you new coach's arse type article

Yeah, i think he's just greasing up the new coach.

Article in the Telegraph about Teo, but it has some information about Griffin and the Broncos.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...at-the-rabbitohs/story-e6frexqr-1226612790627

To me that says Griffin isn't managing the individuals correctly and if the Rabbitohs coach can see issues with Teo and his defense and correct them, then why didn't Griffin? It's no wonder our guys have stopped developing underneath him. Could also be Teo having a sook because he wasn't picked, but I think there's some truth there.
Sounds like he believes he should have been starting ahead of those others.

Maguire is a lot more technical than hook so adjusting to new structures would probably take time, I'm sure it would have for the rest of the squad when Maguire first arrived.

Not sure how much you can read in to that though. Sounds like a typical blow the wind up you new coach's arse type article

I'm leaning towards there being a big element of truth to what Teo had to say ... Infact, I think what he's described re his defensive learning curve at Souths would be just the tip of the iceberg ... You've only got to look at the direction our club and Souths have gone in over the last 18 months or so ... The Broncos look like they're stuck in the dark ages compared to the Rabbitohs in terms of the brand of football, the recuriting ect ...

The broncos ran completely stale at the end of last season with their boring, predicatble attacking structures that opposition teams could virtually defend with their eyes shut .... 2013 rolls around and the broncos have simply picked up where they left off in 2012 .. the attack is still stale and running exactly the same way it did last year ... and you wonder WTF this group and its coaching staff were doing all summer ???

Meanwhile Souths fly out of the blocks with four straight wins and are putting on tries with plays like the one in the below clip at 1:45

Last edited by a moderator:

I
Meanwhile Souths fly out of the blocks with four straight wins and are putting on tries with plays like the one in the below clip at 1:45

Damn, that was perfectly executed.

Been a few years since I saw something like that from the Broncos.

I miss Lockyer. :sad:

We could pull off plays like that.

Prince has an accurate enough kicking game to hit a winger on the fly.

I think it's just that we're not coached to be adventurous :(

We could pull off plays like that.

Prince has an accurate enough kicking game to hit a winger on the fly.

I think it's just that we're not coached to be adventurous :(

exactly ..

and that, IMO, is the biggest shortcoming of the Broncos at the moment ... the coaching, the structure, the game plan, the (lack of) attention to detail - it seems to be so far behind the better teams / coaches in the comp .... Did anyone catch NRL 360 this week where Cameron Smith gave a brief insight into that set play (albeit dubious) that exposed a weakness the Storm obviously picked up in the way the Broncos defend from scrums. This is the kind of scouting that these 'modern day' coaches at other clubs are doing and they've got the players who can then got out and execute the game plan.

Meanwhile at Red Hill, all the first grade coach is concerned about is "getting ourrrrrr defense right and we'll be oh-kay" .....

been the same for 3 years

dragons threw the traditional "playbook" out the window last week and just played alot 2nd phase with support players always around the ball and it worked a treat. would love to see more of that from us. simple stuff really. corey parker used to be great for offloads yet they seem to have dried right up.

Last edited:

More than long overdue for a change in style then :001_rolleyes:

Hook needs to think outside the square if we're to be a force in the NRL again.

I'm leaning towards there being a big element of truth to what Teo had to say ... Infact, I think what he's described re his defensive learning curve at Souths would be just the tip of the iceberg ... You've only got to look at the direction our club and Souths have gone in over the last 18 months or so ... The Broncos look like they're stuck in the dark ages compared to the Rabbitohs in terms of the brand of football, the recuriting ect ...

The broncos ran completely stale at the end of last season with their boring, predicatble attacking structures that opposition teams could virtually defend with their eyes shut .... 2013 rolls around and the broncos have simply picked up where they left off in 2012 .. the attack is still stale and running exactly the same way it did last year ... and you wonder WTF this group and its coaching staff were doing all summer ???

Don't get me wrong I'm not launching into a pro griffin stance here, but it is much easier to make the plays that the rabbitohs are when you have a half like Reynolds and a player like inglis at the back. We simply don't have the cattle and the fact that griffin and co can't or won't remedy that is of far greater concern than anything teo has said

Last edited by a moderator:

reynolds is basically wallace with a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • BruiserMk1
  • Foordy
  • Dexter
  • Stix
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Rambstien
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.