Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sack Griffin

We just won by 20, so I'm just going to say SACK GRIFFIN! We shoulda got 50!

Today's telegraph has a article on teo where he explains why he left due to the pecking order of the coach but what I found interesting was how now at the bunnies his games has been ripped apart at training because everything he was doing was wrong "I'm forever having people explain to me the right way to get things done and after a while it pissed me off I felt like a first year rookie. I then realised I'm that far behind these people." In no way was he having a go at the Broncos but reading between the lines it explains a bit about the coaching deficiencys at the Broncos

Teo is full of shit.

He was in 1st grade at the Broncos, so he wasn't involved in the pecking order.

By the rumours I heard, the Broncos didn't want him. (due to off field things)

cricket...... cricket....cricket

Teo is full of ****.

He was in 1st grade at the Broncos, so he wasn't involved in the pecking order.

By the rumours I heard, the Broncos didn't want him. (due to off field things)

I'm guessing the pecking order for a starting spot, not just the main 17.

Maybe T'eo was told to play like a back rower and not a prop?

Maybe T'eo didn't like being so high in the centre pecking order.

Maybe teo should be more vigilant with age checks of the young ladies he 'meets', so his current club don't boot him out to.

Have you ever heard a player come out and say their previous club had tougher training, more structured or were better coached??? No, of course not, every time it's, I've never trained so hard, or how good the coaching staff is feel more comfortable here, or what ever. All I see is that South's play a different structure to the Bronco's and he has to learn those, just like Prince is doing with us. The rest are platitudes for his new team and fans.

Have you ever heard a player come out and say their previous club had tougher training, more structured or were better coached??? No, of course not, every time it's, I've never trained so hard, or how good the coaching staff is feel more comfortable here, or what ever. All I see is that South's play a different structure to the Bronco's and he has to learn those, just like Prince is doing with us. The rest are platitudes for his new team and fans.

Perfectly said.

He's next club he will say the same garbage. If he ever returned to the broncs (I hope he doesn't) it will be all "souths were great but I never truly felt comfortable there, wanted to come back to the challenges posted by the coach, hook is a tough task master and demands you to rise to another level to get into the starting 13, I'm now prepared to do the hard work blah blah blah" it's all scripted garbage they say for the club and fans benefit

Last edited:

Thought this was the sack Griffin thread? Or have we all gone cold on that idea now? Just askin.

Ice cold for now. If we go back to the horrible style of play then you can bet I'll be back on board.

Still don't really rate Griffin as a coach and still don't really know what we are doing. We signed a 33 year old Prince for 2 years, resulting in an improving 21 year old Norman leaving and quite possibly 23 year old Hunt. I don't really care how much the Prince/Wallace combination might improve, it will last another 2 seasons at best. And still we are looking good by having Norman learn how to chime into attack at fullback, something that in no way serves us going forward.

Our play on the field is much better but we are still very aimless off it IMO.

The only problem with Hook is his coaching style when it comes to our attacking structures and his ability to recruit players. How he recruits for next year is a huge test for him.

Still don't really rate Griffin as a coach and still don't really know what we are doing. We signed a 33 year old Prince for 2 years, resulting in an improving 21 year old Norman leaving and quite possibly 23 year old Hunt. I don't really care how much the Prince/Wallace combination might improve, it will last another 2 seasons at best. And still we are looking good by having Norman learn how to chime into attack at fullback, something that in no way serves us going forward.

Our play on the field is much better but we are still very aimless off it IMO.

Prince has no bearing on Norman leaving. Norman is leaving cos he wants to play 6, problem his he is not very good at it. If prince wasn't hear then Norman would still be stinking up the joint at five eight. The only reason Norman is showing signs of improvement is because he is playing at fullback

The match against the Titans had some very good signs.
Firstly, more offloading. While I don't want us to turn into Parra of 2010 or something, offloading just about every run and lacking any structure, I also don't want us to turn into a predictable side that teams can gang up on knowing that the ball is never going to come out. I thought it was the perfect mix of control and offloads against the Titans.
Secondly, the ball movement. It just seems a lot smoother, especially on the left side where we looked very dangerous.
And finally, players running onto the ball, especially on our right side with Gillett and Hodges both grabbing tries hitting the ball at speed. Some might say there weren't any players in front of them when they scored, but there could have been if they got the ball flat footed.

These are all good signs...but the last we showed good signs, Hook decided to just go back to being ordinary. This was last year. Let's hope he learned something from it.

Prince has no bearing on Norman leaving. Norman is leaving cos he wants to play 6, problem his he is not very good at it. If prince wasn't hear then Norman would still be stinking up the joint at five eight. The only reason Norman is showing signs of improvement is because he is playing at fullback

Prince is playing 6 though, when otherwise Norman would be. Norman has been very mediocre as a five-eight, but Brisbane rated him long term as a five-eight and have failed to secure him. I'm not necessarily saying it's going to turn out good or bad as Norman is hard to measure, but what we do know is that Griffin and Brisbane had long term plans for Norman and have failed miserably in executing them.

And as good as Norman was on Friday, if he is leaving, I would love to know what Griffin thinks he is achieving by playing Norman there. It in no way serves us in the future, just like playing Beale last year didn't serve us. Add to that the release of Gagai and the signing of Prince which is a factor in Norman and maybe Hunt leaving, I think we are doing an awful job of planning for the future.

Of course Prince has a bearing on whether Norman leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Pablo
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TimWhatley
  • Morkel
  • porouian
  • Big Del
  • Broncosarethebest
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Nerd
  • whykickamoocow
  • Sproj
  • ezpz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.