Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sack Griffin

Prince is playing 6 though, when otherwise Norman would be. Norman has been very mediocre as a five-eight, but Brisbane rated him long term as a five-eight and have failed to secure him. I'm not necessarily saying it's going to turn out good or bad as Norman is hard to measure, but what we do know is that Griffin and Brisbane had long term plans for Norman and have failed miserably in executing them.

And as good as Norman was on Friday, if he is leaving, I would love to know what Griffin thinks he is achieving by playing Norman there. It in no way serves us in the future, just like playing Beale last year didn't serve us. Add to that the release of Gagai and the signing of Prince which is a factor in Norman and maybe Hunt leaving, I think we are doing an awful job of planning for the future.

Obviously they has long term plans for him to be five eight but they realised he currently has f*** all vision, so rather than continuing to throw season after season away they put him at fb in the hope he good gain some insight back there. I would be calling for griffins head if he DIDN'T do this.

Norman is playing at fb because ATM
He is doing a good job and all the combinations are gelling, the worst thing that could be done currently is making any unforced changes.

Obviously they has long term plans for him to be five eight but they realised he currently has f*** all vision, so rather than continuing to throw season after season away they put him at fb in the hope he good gain some insight back there. I would be calling for griffins head if he DIDN'T do this.

Norman is playing at fb because ATM
He is doing a good job and all the combinations are gelling, the worst thing that could be done currently is making any unforced changes.

Yes, the combinations are gelling, but so what? I hardly see how that helps us given Norman will be gone by 2014 and Prince by 2015. There is no positive to our combinations gelling because they won't serve us in future years at all, and we aren't really good enough to win this year either.

So you think Norman's best position is five eight?

That isn't even part of the argument. Prince is playing in the 6 and if he wasn't here Norman would be. Simple as that. Whether or not Norman would be stinking it up in the 6 doesn't come into it.

I reckon 500K was the determining factor, not whether he was playing five eigth and stinking up the joint.

Prince is a hack, but he's playing better there than Norman was.

Neither player was the answer long term.

I'm sure he does want to get picked at 5/8th, but yeah, it probably had a very minor part in him leaving. He was likely just saying that to cover up that he's leaving for money, I reckon he'd even leave to play in the front row for $500K. I can't imagine us offering much more than 200, especially after his terrible 2012.

Of course Prince has a bearing on whether Norman leaves.

I disagree.

IMO: Prince is at the club to teach the next 6 on how to play etc.

Norman was being groomed to be the 6 & I think he was going to be there in 2014.

All he saw was
53.gif

If the Broncos were close to the money Parra offered, he would have re-signed with us.

I disagree.

IMO: Prince is at the club to teach the next 6 on how to play etc.

Norman was being groomed to be the 6 & I think he was going to be there in 2014.

All he saw was
53.gif

If the Broncos were close to the money Parra offered, he would have re-signed with us.

The money certainly played its roll but so did Prince taking his spot. Prince showing Norman how to be a 6?? We had Lockyer for that

If anything, i'd say Prince was hired to groom Hunt.

Noone could learn off Lockyer.

Lockyer had a Gift that can't be taught.

I understand the point Ari and Beads are making though.

From Norman's perspective I believe he see's it like this.

Parramatta are offering me 500K and a guarantee that I'll be able to play five eigth. They really believe in me and my career. Brisbane have been great to me, but by signing a hack like Prince clearly they don't believe in my talent enough for me to want to stay on for considerably less.

The trick here is I don't see him as a loss and I'd imagine a few people agree with me.

I don't really see him as a huge loss but I do see that he might have the potential to become a huge loss if he develops like so many think he will.

I still don't know if Norman leaving is a blessing or a curse, honestly it could go either way. Regardless though, I still think don't understand what the purpose of Prince signing with us was and I don't know what Griffin is trying to achieve. He let go Gagai be a star at another club, he has failed in his plan to make Norman our future (good plan or not, he failed to execute his intentions) and signed a 33 year old Prince, a move that may also force Hunt to look elsewhere (though honestly he should have been doing so already anyway).

Maybe this was all a secret ploy to force out Hunt and Norman so we could sign some awesome target, and Prince was the signing that made it all happen, but unless that's the intention, and frankly, I doubt it is, then I'm confuzzled as to what it is we are trying to achieve.

I doubt he will at Parramatta unfortunately.

Would have been interesting to see him go to Melbourne or Canterbury.

In saying that, I'd rather we persisted with Norman/Hunt over Wallace.

Last edited:

Could be right but the way so many good judges soil themselves over Norman it might not matter where he goes. Time will tell and I just hope we make a good signing for the halves next year.

I understand the point Ari and Beads are making though.

From Norman's perspective I believe he see's it like this.

Parramatta are offering me 500K and a guarantee that I'll be able to play five eigth. They really believe in me and my career. Brisbane have been great to me, but by signing a hack like Prince clearly they don't believe in my talent enough for me to want to stay on for considerably less.

The trick here is I don't see him as a loss and I'd imagine a few people agree with me.

Maybe Norman and his manager are just playing it smart. Locking in a $500k contract and have until rnd 13 to show something to the Broncos to get them up closer to that kind of money.
That's the way I would be doing it if I was him.

So you think Norman's best position is five eight?

I don't think it is, but he obviously believes it is, and the signing of an aging Prince to play 5/8 after saying they'd stick with their youngsters is probably seen as a kick in the teeth. I suspect if the broncos never signed Prince, and Norman was still playing 5/8, that he would have re-signed with the club.

It's shame though that he's leaving, as I'm quite liking the Norman/Hoffman FB/Wing combo.

I don't think it is, but he obviously believes it is, and the signing of an aging Prince to play 5/8 after saying they'd stick with their youngsters is probably seen as a kick in the teeth. I suspect if the broncos never signed Prince, and Norman was still playing 5/8, that he would have re-signed with the club.

It's shame though that he's leaving, as I'm quite liking the Norman/Hoffman FB/Wing combo.

But all if this is my point. I couldn't care less what was the reason, he is a s*** 5/8 and if he was staying cos he got to keep sucking at 5/8 then I don't want him to say.

Kudos to griffin for not continuing to play him there just cos he wants to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • theshed
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • Waynesaurus
  • whykickamoocow
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.