Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sack Griffin

Maybe Norman and his manager are just playing it smart. Locking in a $500k contract and have until rnd 13 to show something to the Broncos to get them up closer to that kind of money.
That's the way I would be doing it if I was him.

I was wondering if this might be the play that was going on as well.

he looks happy and excited to be playing how he is. He looks a Bronco.

saw the video just before and thought the same thing.

still hoping something changes and we keep him. whats not to like about playing fb atm?

Yeah no it's all the boys you know, the boys did well you know, the boys.

I don't really see him as a huge loss but I do see that he might have the potential to become a huge loss if he develops like so many think he will.

You're overestimating the club he's signed with though. :laugh:

You're overestimating the club he's signed with though. :laugh:

It has zero to with who he has signed for. A lot of good judges have soiled themselves over Norman. If he is as good as they think he will be a gun no matter where he signs.

locky absolutely loves him.

I'm more than happy for Norman to leave. I honestly don't care. He wants to play 5/8 and I think he sucks there.

If he's ok to be our long term fullback I'm happy to pay him what he's asking and keep him but as a 5/8 he's not worth 500k a year. He has been average at best in the 5/8 role, last year he had games where he was just absolutely horrible.

I've always liked Norman at fullback ahead of Hoffman but I'm not a fan of Norman at 5/8.

I'm more than happy for Norman to leave. I honestly don't care. He wants to play 5/8 and I think he sucks there.

If he's ok to be our long term fullback I'm happy to pay him what he's asking and keep him but as a 5/8 he's not worth 500k a year. He has been average at best in the 5/8 role, last year he had games where he was just absolutely horrible.

I've always liked Norman at fullback ahead of Hoffman but I'm not a fan of Norman at 5/8.

Exactly my thoughts

He's not exactly worth $500K at fullback either.

I still think Hoffman can come good if he worked on his passing game at training. His attitude has improved dramatically since last year and he lost quite a bit of weight too. And he's no longer playing injured. Most of what Norman has been doing is catch and pass, Hoffman should be able to handle that too. He doesn't seem reluctant to pass anymore either, set up at least two tries in 2 rounds from the wing passing on the inside.

I dunno Alec you still need some vision which I think Norman has to a degree just not as effective at 5/8th when the pressure is really applied to your decision making compared to the freedom of injecting yourself into the plays from fullback, Hoffman seems to be better suited with others creating opportunities for him, I'm not saying he couldn't do well there but tbh I'm keen to keep him on the wing particularly now, seems to be a finisher for us on the wing and we need that desperately.

I dunno Alec you still need some vision which I think Norman has to a degree, Hoffman seems to be better suited with others creating opportunities for him, I'm not saying he couldn't do well there but tbh I'm keen to keep him on the wing particularly now, seems to be a finisher for us on the wing and we need that desperately.

Definitely, I agree with that. I was talking more about next year when Copley is back and Norman is gone. But at the moment, Norman looks like he's found his perfect spot with the side. Less pressure on your passing when you play wide, and his running game is very strong too. After the Titans game I'm happy for him to stay there at least unless he declines. Hoffman adding a ton on the wing helps too.

And Norman has a very good kicking game too...

Definitely, I agree with that. I was talking more about next year when Copley is back and Norman is gone. But at the moment, Norman looks like he's found his perfect spot with the side. Less pressure on your passing when you play wide, and his running game is very strong too. After the Titans game I'm happy for him to stay there at least unless he declines. Hoffman adding a ton on the wing helps too.

Even with Copley back next season I still think there are better options to explore for us at fullback then moving Hoffman back there be it in recruiting or giving someone like Bond or even moving Hodges to fullback and I would be even more reluctant to move Hoffman from the wing if he continues to rack up tries for us because if last season showed us, without Yow Yeh(and while we all hope he comes back and at least can get his career back on track I wouldn't be holding your breathe) we had a severe inability to score tries in the backline, Glenn was our leading tryscorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • RolledOates
  • Dreaglor
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.