Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sack Griffin

We have Kahu, who has shown plenty of potential in the U20's in that position. Hopefully this is his breakthrough year and he can do a job for us at the back!

We have Kahu, who has shown plenty of potential in the U20's in that position. Hopefully this is his breakthrough year and he can do a job for us at the back!

Yeah his another, my point is I think if Hoffman continues the way he is going on the wing, his a must have there because his got the potential to be that finisher we have desperately needing on the wing, currently his 3rd on tries scored and 3rd on linebreaks in the comp.

Last edited:

Keebra, not 20's.

20s he played mostly on the wing/centres.

I only enjoyed his work in the centres tbh.

FB is his best position, he was brilliant there for keebra, although two knee recos later hes probably a bit of a ways off getting back to that sort of form. I think the club view him as a centre, but depending how much FB troubles them that may change.

tumbleweed01.jpg

To be fair though, the questions still remains why weren't we even trying to play like this late last year and early this year.

Our last try was a great catch pass from Reed but before the last 3 weeks he would have caught that and gone back inside.

I particularly don't understand why we played like we did last year when it was obvious we needed more points and what we were doing wasn't going to take us anywhere. Anyway that seems to be behind us, lets hope it stays that way. I'd rather lose games having a crack at winning them than lose them trying not to lose them.

To be fair though, the questions still remains why weren't we even trying to play like this late last year and early this year.

Our last try was a great catch pass from Reed but before the last 3 weeks he would have caught that and gone back inside.

I particularly don't understand why we played like we did last year when it was obvious we needed more points and what we were doing wasn't going to take us anywhere. Anyway that seems to be behind us, lets hope it stays that way. I'd rather lose games having a crack at winning them than lose them trying not to lose them.

I reckon someone switched on a few light bulbs

The main one was getting someone who understands the basics of playing as a modern day FB

again with the people trying to say that anyone who ever said anything bad about a player/coach is wrong after 1-2 games lol.

1-2 games shouldnt make your position safe. 1-2 SEASONS maybe. steve michaels had a good game once a decade, and there were people like the one above yelling from the rooftops that it validates their opinion of him being a superstar that we should lock up for his career, despite the dozens of other games where he was terrible.

lets see how we feel about this season in november, not in round 6 (when we're only 3 wins from 6 games btw lol. hardly a record to be puffing our chests out about).

again with the people trying to say that anyone who ever said anything bad about a player/coach is wrong after 1-2 games lol.

Conversely ......is it right to want to sack the coach after a R1 loss?

B.O.D .......is it right after a poor showing at the back end of a season to want to sack the coach?

People seem to forget that we were going really for the first half of 2012......

lets see how we feel about this season in november, not in round 6 (when we're only 3 wins from 6 games btw lol. hardly a record to be puffing our chests out about).

Well, we almost defeated the best in the comp, defeated a Titans side who was in the top 4 before round 5, and defeated the team that has the two starting Aussie props and Aussie 5/8.

Pretty impress when the only real shit team we've played against is the Dragons.

Our wins have been pretty impressive, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. The cowboys have been bad this season. Like, bad bad. The titans lost their main playmaker just before kickoff.

Still doesn't excuse the shit Griffin was putting on the field for almost 1 year. Seriously, before 3 weeks ago we were playing like shit since the last origin series, almost a full 12 months.

We've been a completely changed team in these last few weeks and it has to stay that way. I'm very glad we have changed our because I'm finally enjoying watching us play again, it's been way too long.

Hook did try and change the side up last year though by promoting Hunt to five eigth and Norman to fullback (albeit that decision happened because Hoffman was late to training - but he still persisted with him) and we changed our approach. Unfortunately, we just had too many injuries and we were up against the three best teams of that year in Melbourne, Canterbury and Manly.

We started slowly, but we've been trying to build combinations and see what does and doesn't work.

I don't know about that, we changed our plan against Melbourne/Dogs and it was working really well for a short while and then they went right back to the 1 out rubbish playing.

I think Griffin as a coach was poor last year, regardless of the injuries/circumstances I don't believe he got the best out of the team and his gameplan wasn't up to scratch. He was playing the same for the first 3 rounds this year then he changed the gameplan against Melbourne (we also seem to him form during our games against Melbourne and continue from there... lol) but this time he has actually kept the gameplan and it's working wonder. We don't look useless in attack anymore and our defence has not suffered either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • RolledOates
  • Dreaglor
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.