Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm pretty sure when kearney came on board they said he was the 'defensive coach'.

Ever since the Courier Mail wrote an article about Hook having a winning percentage up there with some of the greatest coaches in the game we have been in free fall.

Yep, he had a .771 winning pctg when that article was written, only .333 since though.

Who wrote that article?
He must have voodoo dolls of the Broncos jerseys with nos. 1, 5, 6, 7 and 9, as well as a personalized Griffin needle cushion! :glare:

I'd be revamping the whole coaching department at the end of season. Whether they get rid of Hook is anybody's guess. I'd be pissing Kearney off very quickly. Don't know who the other Assistants are but they can go as well. I'd get Tunza in to work on tackling technique. Not sure if he is up to it in regards to defensive structures but no doubt he could show this lot how to tackle. I'd love to get Kevin Walters back at the club in some capacity. No surprise our team lacks spark and creativity when none of our coaches played in halves. Shane and Ben Walker could be worth a look as Assistants. They have done a very good job with Ipswich. Paul Green is another one who did well at Q cup level. That said most of our options are untried and that is the issues. We want the best so we either recruit the best, stick with what we've got or recruit someone who we think can be the best.

Can we wait for Kearney to get SJ to sign on the dotted line before we sack him...? :001_tt2:

Yep, he had a .771 winning pctg when that article was written, only .333 since though.
He has probably worked out these two added together get him over 100% so he is safe:001_unsure:

Can we wait for Kearney to get SJ to sign on the dotted line before we sack him...? :001_tt2:
IF Kearney achieves this, his entire time at the Broncos will be considered a success by me and I'll have him as my DP for at least 1 month.

Need some choice words to get this over the line. He should just tell SJ if you don't join Brisbane I'm going to keep selecting Marshall and Foran as the halves.

again - good at something doesnt mean youre good at teaching that same something.

we need to get away from the old boys club mentality of giving important jobs to former players. i dont care how well TC tackled if hes not good at teaching others to do the same. i can run fast but i couldnt teach someone how to improve their speed. id just say 'do what youre doing but be faster'. TC might be the same - just say "instead of tackling like a girl, tackle better".

same reason why lockyer being a football genius while playing doesnt mean he'll be a coaching genius, or even a semi-decent coach.

Geordie said we are playing like eight year olds so may be Tunza would be a good fit. They need to be abused

Tunza calls Norman over after he misses Bromwich and tells him if he keeps it up he can go sit with his parents.

Tunza may not be able to teach the players how to tackle and if that is the case don't hire him. Nothing wrong with having former players working at the club if they are up to it.

I think our defense would improve if we worked on slowing the play the ball down more allowing our defense line time to get back, set and a small breather.

For me the Storm are a good example (whilst being a mob of grubs) and masters at working the current rules, two men up high in the first contact, one defender wraps around the arms and ball of the attacker whilst the second defender wraps around that, they then hold the man up, slow him down but still slow walk him to keep movement, the referee just lets the wrestle go on whilst there is movement, then the third man comes in at the legs to bring the attacker down, no offload is possible so the defensive line can retreat pretty early.

The tackle becomes a stacks on and it all takes time to clear the ruck of the three defenders, the guy around the legs can get up and clear pretty quickly but the other two are entangled. One defender gets up and then the second, it all chews up time and adds to time the defensive line can get set.

Its all about the wrestle and I fricken hate it, I fricken hate how the referees just let the tackle linger on and I fricken hate how the referee yells out 'MOOOOOOOVEEEEEEE' all the damn time, but this is what the NRL has become.........slowing the play the ball down when in defense and getting a fast play the ball in attack.

The storm defenders seem to concentrate on wrapping the arms of the ball carrier and not the ball itself, even on the ground, I guess this removes the possibility of being penalised for having hands on the ball, all while slowing the ruck down.

He's not on the market ... he has another season at least to run on his Rabbitohs contract
I know, but he is being shopped around while souffs are desperate to get him to sign an extension. Throw the kitchen sink, the management wives and children at him, sign him up for 2015, and in the process put one back on Rusty. Chances are he will be released to come to us in 2014... :tongue_smilie:

Tunza may not be able to teach the players how to tackle and if that is the case don't hire him. Nothing wrong with having former players working at the club if they are up to it.
Unlike speed, you can teach how to tackle, and there is no better way than to demonstrate it in practice.
I would like for Tunza to say that the guy with most missed tackles on the weekend, will be his practice target for the week... :laugh:

I think our defense would improve if we worked on slowing the play the ball down more allowing our defense line time to get back, set and a small breather.

For me the Storm are a good example (whilst being a mob of grubs) and masters at working the current rules, two men up high in the first contact, one defender wraps around the arms and ball of the attacker whilst the second defender wraps around that, they then hold the man up, slow him down but still slow walk him to keep movement, the referee just lets the wrestle go on whilst there is movement, then the third man comes in at the legs to bring the attacker down, no offload is possible so the defensive line can retreat pretty early.

The tackle becomes a stacks on and it all takes time to clear the ruck of the three defenders, the guy around the legs can get up and clear pretty quickly but the other two are entangled. One defender gets up and then the second, it all chews up time and adds to time the defensive line can get set.

Its all about the wrestle and I fricken hate it, I fricken hate how the referees just let the tackle linger on and I fricken hate how the referee yells out 'MOOOOOOOVEEEEEEE' all the damn time, but this is what the NRL has become.........slowing the play the ball down when in defense and getting a fast play the ball in attack.

The storm defenders seem to concentrate on wrapping the arms of the ball carrier and not the ball itself, even on the ground, I guess this removes the possibility of being penalised for having hands on the ball, all while slowing the ruck down.
Everyone went up top against the Storm, we had nobody going in around the legs for a long period of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• teampjta
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Muros
  • Sproj
  • Nerd
  • Scdeac
  • Manofoneway
  • Robboi_321
  • HVbronco
  • marw
  • ettybay
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.