Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not on the market ... he has another season at least to run on his Rabbitohs contract

So what? His current contract finishes up end of next year, doesnt mean we cant sign him now for 2015. Its the same thing the Bulldogs did with Hasler and Manly released him a year early.

A coach is not a short term decision, if we have to wait a season so be it. If we signed Maquire now for 2015 he can already be starting to shape the squad he wants during 2014.

If we did want Maquire and waited until next year to approach him he will have either extended with the Bunnies or signed with another club.

If they are talking to Tim Sheens (while not my preferred option) I would be happy for him to take over. Regardless of his coaching ability he has exactly what we need at present, a high profile to draw players

If we sign Tim Sheens that will do me. Would be a terrible decision.

Tim Sheens? You mean one of the most overrated coaches to grace the game?

Well that got you guys stirred up:001_tt2:
As i said it was not about his coaching ability it was about his high profile as Australian coach. We just need him to get a couple of star players and then shunt him.
There is also not too much else about. Maguire is not too worried about the money and Rusty is making sure he is looked after. He is a genuinely loyal guy and Souths gave him the opportunity. Good luck getting him and he is fairly lucky with the team he walked into. Sutton was always going to improve with a good half and Reynolds was earmarked for the halfback spot before Chris Sandow only he did a knee. Burgess was recruited by Crowe not Maguire.
Maguire may not be the coach you think once he has a team that is not full of stars

He shouldn't be coaching Australia. How many high profile recruits did he get or the West Tigers. Adam Blair.. That was a quality signing.

He shouldn't be coaching Australia. How many high profile recruits did he get or the West Tigers. Adam Blair.. That was a quality signing.
He was at the Tigers a little longer than that year. He won them a premiership.
i did say that he was not my preferred option

I wonder how we would all be reacting if we had Tamou, Scott and Thurston in our side and were where the Cows sit on the ladder

I wonder how we would all be reacting if we had Tamou, Scott and Thurston in our side and were where the Cows sit on the ladder

We would be going nuts. Difference is they are just playing shit while we are shit.

Is this the same Tim Sheens would pick 2 outside backs on the bench?

gordy's goin off on matty johns show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Muros
  • Pablo
  • teampjta
  • Nerd
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Scdeac
  • Manofoneway
  • Robboi_321
  • HVbronco
  • marw
  • ettybay
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.