Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locky praises Griffin in that article, but also says that the resources around him need to be improved and the need for the Broncos to recruit a match winner

and locky would be right.

i actually beleive the club here. i just really, really hope they have at least 1, if not 2, solutions in teh works for the 1, 6, 7 & 9 spot before next season starts.

i dont see how anything changes next with the same spine (given new #1 would come from within the club)

Well what are you saying. It's harsh, but it's not unwarranted. They are playing like busted assholes. It doesn't matter if they can get to the line a few times, they can't finish to save themselves. They've got no flare, no surprise attacks, no kicking, crappy passing and seemingly shitty game plans.
I said it in the post game thread. We were very good against the Warriors and despite the score line, the best team against the Storm until that horrible bounce that Hoffman fumbled, and from which repeat set the Storm scored. What happened after this was sheer frustration and fatigue.
We created 6 tries with good footy against one of the comp's benchmarks.
Of course there are warranted criticisms because we didn't put the ball down or the ref didn't see it, and Maranta and Norman have copped it big time.
It's the blanket statements like "we have no talent" or "we have no attack" or "Griffin has lost the players" that I have an issue with.

I know 32-0 is what will remain in history, but that score was a true injustice and doesn't reflect at all what happened on the field.

must be tough to pull it back for griffin now. the confidence in the team must be shattered. they really tried the last two games and to come up so short against melbourne. where do you go from here? i would say give the team the whole week off over the bye. they need a refresher and they need to get back to enjoying footy again.

australian cricket team. down in the dumps. lehmann comes along and the first things the players have been saying is 'he has made training fun again'. now all of a sudden the team is upbeat and confident going into the ashes.

broncos dont look like they are having fun. and who would be. no one likes losing. and thats griffins biggest challenge now.

Last edited:
There's a way to make it fun, get Griffin to stop trying to be Bellamy, and try to be more like Hasler. We've looked by far the best when we went with his style of play, and it just looked a lot more fun than one out running followed by a bomb to the corners. Win/win.

Translation: we're about to sack him
Nah, I'm with noisetheory.
I think White means it, and unlike other clubs that say this as a preparation for the coach's departure, he makes it clear that he will be there irrespective of a finals fade-out...

Like everyone else, I do hope there are plans in place to get the club back on track.
No position or name in the team should be safe, and if we need to forget about ethics to get what we need, then fucking do it! It's not like the other clubs have any qualms doing it to us or others... hello dogs, hello souffs!

interesting that kevvie says at the end of the article he's not sure what he'll do next year and that his family are all in bris.

maybe he comes on with us as assistant and teaches them how to score points :)

We let in 6 tries, and you think we should be praising them for their effort?

This exactly.

Effort should be the absolute minimum requirement each week - our players don't deserve praise for putting in an 'effort', they should be doing that anyway.

**** I wish our squad was half as passionate as big Gordie.

Last edited:
This exactly.

Effort should be the absolute minimum requirement each week - our players don't deserve praise for putting in an 'effort', they should be doing that anyway.

**** I wish our squad was half as passionate as big Gordie.
You mean the guy that two weeks ago was saying that what we needed is a big prop to get us on the front foot?
Or the guy that personally guided David Taylor to the Rabbits?

It's not just the effort, or did you really not see the footy we played the last 3 weeks? Is the scoreboard all you look at in a game?

You mean the guy that two weeks ago was saying that what we needed is a big prop to get us on the front foot?

It's not just the effort, or did you really not see the footy we played the last 3 weeks? Is the scoreboard all you look at in a game?

Is the scoreboard all I look at? What kind of thinly veiled dig is that? I sit through every game like most other people on here, no matter how shit, disappointing and frustrating it is. I go out of my way to avoid the score when it's a delayed telecast, I always prioritise watching the Broncs ahead of pretty much everything else. I form my opinions based on what I see for 80 minutes each week. If you think all I do is look at the scoreboard and think 'nah, not good enough', then that disappoints me, and I can't believe you've just said that TBH.

So, to answer your question, yeah, I saw the footy... it wasn't that great bar one or two moments. We've become boring and predictable - there's no panache anymore, no off the cuff stuff, it's just crappy play the percentages footy. **** that. I grew supporting the most entertaining club in the game, the club that was always at the forefront of everything to do with rugby league. We're a shadow of that now.

I can't believe the excuses that get thrown around for some of these nuffies. We might lack a game-breaking type player, but this current squad and its coach should be performing far, far better than it is. This shit isn't good enough and I'm fucking fed up with it. No random on the internet is going to convince me otherwise.

I'm feeling disillusioned about the future of the Broncos. Things do not look good to me. I'll stick by them of course, but I sure as shit won't pretend everything's good and this is just a small blip. Things need to be done. It's not my job to determine what needs to be done or who needs to do it, I am merely a supporter, but I expect much better from the Broncos. We're slowly turning into 'just another club' - if we haven't already.

Oh damn, damn you Gordie for doing your job! How dare you!

I couldn't give a shit about any of that whoopla. Gordie is a fucking legend who clearly loves the club deeply, and as a supporter, I can strongly relate to his frustrations about where the club is seemingly headed.

I think I've said it a bunch of times now, but I do think that outside of the spine, our team is quality. What we lack is a few quality playmakers, a new coach with fresh ideas in how to make up for your short comings, and someone who can fix our defence. Even if our form is improving, we just aren't good enough to match it with the best in September until these things get fixed.

didnt griffin get the full support of the board speil a few months ago as well? thats why i believe it again this time. given he explicitly said 'even if broncos dont make the finals' gives me more reason to believe he'll stay. and when i say this, i believe, that they believe this, right now

in three weeks time the board may change their mind....

maybe the best thing for this club right now would to be ruled out of hte finals as early as possible. it might be the release that allows us to play with freedom that the team needs, to build on and take us somewhere worthwhile in 2014.

Last edited:
I like the part where White says Griffin is building the right culture for the club. Losing games, playing percentages, avoiding creativity and aggression and completing our sets after 5 one out runs and bombing to a corner is so much better than that attacking stuff we used to do.

Nah, I'm with noisetheory.
I think White means it, and unlike other clubs that say this as a preparation for the coach's departure, he makes it clear that he will be there irrespective of a finals fade-out...

Like everyone else, I do hope there are plans in place to get the club back on track.
No position or name in the team should be safe, and if we need to forget about ethics to get what we need, then fucking do it! It's not like the other clubs have any qualms doing it to us or others... hello dogs, hello souffs!
Fine, lets sign Dugan, he's off contract and is available for next year and is easily one of the best fullbacks in the game. He fills a position we are very much lacking in and plays a key role, exactly what the doctor ordered as far as onfield stuff goes, as for off field he really hasn't done anything so bad, a bit of douche sure but he hasn't exactly glassed his girlfriend or beat up his partner like two players who participated in the last origin game.

Last edited:
Someone should put up a poll on whether we sack Hook or not. If we do, KRudd's election results won't be the worse looking vote of 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Gaz
  • eggstar10
  • winslow_wong
  • OnToSomething
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Reds2011
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosarethebest
  • davidp
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • Aldo
  • maddo
  • LGH
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.