Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just speaking from the heart, mentioned all the players we've let go and there's something seriously wrong at the club and doesn't know where we're headed.

25th anniversary and our identity is crumbling.

Nice to know guys like Tallis share the opinions of many of us regular fans, he's damn right though and it's nice to see someone like him speak up because the club is more likely to take notice.

If anyone finds a online video link that would be really awesome.

Just speaking from the heart, mentioned all the players we've let go and there's something seriously wrong at the club and doesn't know where we're headed.

25th anniversary and our identity is crumbling.

The sad thing is he is 100% right. It's quite staggering how far we have fallen. I mean if we are being honest we are now the dragons... Difference being the dragons have actively tried to fix their situation and made signings.

Marty johns usually speaks a lot if shit, but he summed things up for me when he said "Gordy, I just don't know what direction they are going." For the first time ever I literally do not know where they are going, it's a little bit frightening to be honest

He said the Broncos are disgracing their good name, very hard for an old boy to witness. Have let too many good players slip away including Corey Norman. He basically indicated that they need a change at the top. This is supposed to be a year of celebration (25
rs), instead it's a nightmare. Matty agreed stating that Hook's time is surely up.

Can't disagree...the boat has no rudder at the moment, just going in fucking circles. FIX IT!!

It is going to be an interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out and what changes are made for next year. We are looking at another review only 3 years after the last one.

Despite the criticisms, I have seen a lot of very good things this year. Trouble is, they don't happen regularly and consistently.

On that basis, I feel ok with closing my eyes and imagining the next game, and games, when it all comes together.

Ever the optimist (sigh)

Funny how no one mentions how Gordy spoke about the chances the Broncos created to score 5 or 6 tries, yet chooses to focus on the 32-0 scoreline, which wasn't in any reflective of what happened on the paddock, much in the same way as the souffs-warriors result.
I feel the criticism on this game and the past weeks is over the top...

It is going to be an interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out and what changes are made for next year. We are looking at another review only 3 years after the last one.
They do them every year.

We let in 6 tries, and you think we should be praising them for their effort?
Yeah, that's what exactly what I said... :001_rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what exactly what I said... :001_rolleyes:

Well what are you saying. It's harsh, but it's not unwarranted. They are playing like busted assholes. It doesn't matter if they can get to the line a few times, they can't finish to save themselves. They've got no flare, no surprise attacks, no kicking, crappy passing and seemingly shitty game plans.

From the Daily Tele/CM

EXCLUSIVE: BRISBANE hierarchy have ended months of speculation over coach Anthony Griffin's future by guaranteeing his job for next season even if the Broncos miss this year's finals.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Broncos board has given unequivocal support to Griffin, whose tenure has come into question amid Brisbane's dramatic slide to 13th place on the NRL table.
Broncos legend Darren Lockyer has been an influential figure, telling Broncos chief executive Paul White at a meeting last week Griffin is the coach to preside over a reinvigoration of the club.
The Broncos are facing the worst season in their 25-year history and must win six of their last eight games, including Friday night's clash against Cronulla, to make the playoffs.
But if the Broncos capitulate and miss the finals for the second time in four seasons, Griffin will avoid the axe.
The 46-year-old is contracted until the end of 2015 and White, also a board member, confirmed Monday night Griffin will be at the helm next season irrespective of a finals fade out.
"I can categorically say this now: Anthony's job is safe, simple as that," White said.

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

From the Daily Tele/CM

EXCLUSIVE: BRISBANE hierarchy have ended months of speculation over coach Anthony Griffin's future by guaranteeing his job for next season even if the Broncos miss this year's finals.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Broncos board has given unequivocal support to Griffin, whose tenure has come into question amid Brisbane's dramatic slide to 13th place on the NRL table.
Broncos legend Darren Lockyer has been an influential figure, telling Broncos chief executive Paul White at a meeting last week Griffin is the coach to preside over a reinvigoration of the club.
The Broncos are facing the worst season in their 25-year history and must win six of their last eight games, including Friday night's clash against Cronulla, to make the playoffs.
But if the Broncos capitulate and miss the finals for the second time in four seasons, Griffin will avoid the axe.
The 46-year-old is contracted until the end of 2015 and White, also a board member, confirmed Monday night Griffin will be at the helm next season irrespective of a finals fade out.
"I can categorically say this now: Anthony's job is safe, simple as that," White said.

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

Translation: we're about to sack him

What's that line they use when a coach is about to get fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Reds2011
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • Gaz
  • eggstar10
  • winslow_wong
  • OnToSomething
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosarethebest
  • davidp
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • Aldo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.