Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
One statistic that is not made up is that we are the least penalised side in the competition and we sit right down near the bottom and the Roosters are the most and they are second. Sides that wrestle and slow the play down make it a lot easier for themselves because they can set their line and they take the juice out of the opposition forwards by making them fight to get up out of every tackle. We let sides make touch footy play-the-balls and sides regularly march 50+ metres down field against us, we have had this problem since Henjak and Hook has done absolutely nothing to fix it.

But we are the nice guys, that's all
That matters right?

A rugby league source on twitter claims the broncos have been "Quietly talking to a new head coach for weeks. High Profile."

I'm sorry but griffin is the worst coach, IMO worse than henjak, he needs to sort his shit out and encourage the team to perform at their best, it's embarrassing our record this year. Also with the broncos going so crap it's not good for fan support at all. Griffin should pull his finger out of his ass or next season he should be sacked for sure. Brisbane aren't interesting to watch anymore knowing they will lose most weeks.

Griffin talking shit again in the latest news article, not worth linking.

I dunno about Walters, he might be an ex Bronco, but he's just another Bellamy understudy. We've already been trying the Bellamy plan, as have the Eels before us, it doesn't work without a few genuine star players in your spine.

I'd personally prefer Kimmorley if he'd be willing, the clubs he's been involved with are entertaining and effective.

As much as I primarily blame Griffin for the club's current predicament, I don't think we're served with replacing him without a good thought out plan. I really hope we can get a top guy at the Broncos, and I hope White is litterally giving McGuire a blank cheque.

Having said that, although Griffin has made himself guilty of too many clichés in the press and not enough results on the field, I actually agree with everything he says in this latest article. Our luck has to turn at some point ffs!

Well I pretty much agree with everything Tallis says:

"It's like under-8s, when you pass it to your best player and he tries to run around them or step. That is not the NRL."
Tallis said the Broncos must get aggressive in the player market and can't afford to wait for Corey Oates and Ashley Taylor to develop into superstars.
"Their ranks have been getting raided and now they've got to go out," he said.
"I know there are a couple of really good young kids coming through the ranks, there is a really good halfback (Taylor) and a backrower (Oates) that made his debut the other day, but they're two years off.
"We can't go through another season like this."

Ever since the Courier Mail wrote an article about Hook having a winning percentage up there with some of the greatest coaches in the game we have been in free fall.

Griffin is a knob. He won't change the team lineups because he thinks thw effort is there. He says we came up short against the storm. Everyone man and his dog saw that we got absolutely flogged by thw storm

If we do get another coach, he will be limited by the class of player we have here already ..... namely our inept halves.

Any coach can coach the side to not make mistakes, don't give away penalties, run the second man sweep play ..... but to do it effectively, he needs x-factor players with skill and speed.

I honestly think Hook would be OK in his coaching role if we had a quality young halfback, quality hooker and Ben Barba at fullback.

If we do get another coach, he will be limited by the class of player we have here already ..... namely our inept halves.

Any coach can coach the side to not make mistakes, don't give away penalties, run the second man sweep play ..... but to do it effectively, he needs x-factor players with skill and speed.

I honestly think Hook would be OK in his coaching role if we had a quality young halfback, quality hooker and Ben Barba at fullback.

Not so sure about that as I look at the NRL ladder and rosters of the Cowboys, Raiders and Panthers.

The Cows roster is rather good I'd say, a few x factors there, and conversely, the Raiders and Panthers are paying rather good footie without any.

For mine, a quality player, even an x factor, can make a huge difference, but unless the coach is up there it nullifies the effect.

Last edited:
Not so sure about that as I look at the NRL ladder and rosters of the Cowboys, Raiders and Panthers.

The Cows roster is rather good I'd say, a few x factors there, and conversely, the Raiders and Panthers are paying rather good footie without any.

For mine, a quality player, even an x factor, can make a huge difference, but unless the coach is up there it nullifies the effect.

Cowboys fans have a right to be more gutted than us imo, they are the real disapointments this year for mine.

Raiders and Panthers have one huge X factor that we do not have, speed.

Agree with Griffin. No point sacking the halves. We don't have anyone better.

That's why Griffin should be sacked. I know he only took over in 2011 which was Locky's last season, but there was no succession plan. Sorry, I'm wrong, there was a succession plan...but it was Corey Norman. And that was always a joke. The second Locky announced his retirement the club should've been shopping for a new quality half....and realistically Wallace should've been long gone.

Yeah yeah, easy in hindsight you say, but I've never thought Wallace was much good and certainly not someone you can build a premiership around.

He was an adequate stop gap while the likes of Norman and Hunt developed, and the plan should've been for 2012 to have a new star playmaker replace Locky, and have Hunt or Norman alongside as the rookie to develop. Hell, realistically we should've had a rookie alongside Lockyer in 2010-11, but the philosophy was to take the pressure off Lockyer by having an experienced, albeit very average partner.

Cowboys fans have a right to be more gutted than us imo, they are the real disapointments this year for mine.

Raiders and Panthers have one huge X factor that we do not have, speed.

100% about cowboys fans. They really should be top 4 with the roster they have and their premiership window is fast closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • ivanhungryjak
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.