Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are going to stick with Griffin, we'll need better assistant attacking and defensive coaches to start steering him in the right direction. How would Lockyer feel about taking over as an assistant coach?

Last edited:
Surely some positions have to change at the end of year if Griffin keeps his job. How does Henjak get fired and Griffin is safe when we are heading for an even worse year then we did under that bloke? They have to be accountable and I think Brisbane fans want to see them take ownership and make some tough decisions

Also if we dont sign Barba or anyone else, how much under the cap are we going to be playing in 2014, somewhere around the $1.5 mil mark taking into consideration whatever the cap increases are?

They'll upgrade marantas contract. Sign him for life

Look, the thing you must realise with Hook is that he can be mightily stubborn. If you try TO get him to do something, he has a tendency to dig his heels in. If you try to get him to change his opinion, he again will dig his heels in. AND, if Paul White, or Gee Gee, or Gordon Tallis or anybody else try to tell Hook he must leave the head coaching position here, again, he WILL dig his heels in.

He can be very determined, i.e. stubborn at the best of times, BUT, particular when he has his back against the wall! He won't go easily this is certain.

A lot of people with their backs to the wall wear blindfolds

^ it probably feels like that at the moment for Hook.

Look, the thing you must realise with Hook is that he can be mightily stubborn. If you try TO get him to do something, he has a tendency to dig his heels in. If you try to get him to change his opinion, he again will dig his heels in. AND, if Paul White, or Gee Gee, or Gordon Tallis or anybody else try to tell Hook he must leave the head coaching position here, again, he WILL dig his heels in.

He can be very determined, i.e. stubborn at the best of times, BUT, particular when he has his back against the wall! He won't go easily this is certain.

Wait, I'm confused - is this being presented as a positive thing? If true, it may go some way towards explaining why the team has been stagnant for the last twelve months, I guess. Perhaps people have been telling Hook that things need to change, and he's stubbornly refusing to do anything.

AND, if Paul White, or Gee Gee, or Gordon Tallis or anybody else try to tell Hook he must leave the head coaching position here, again, he WILL dig his heels in.

No, if Paul White TELLS Griffin he must LEAVE the head coaching position i'd SAY that Griffin will be paid OUT his contract AND be looking for a new JOB regardless of his HEELS.

No, if Paul White TELLS Griffin he must LEAVE the head coaching position i'd SAY that Griffin will be paid OUT his contract AND be looking for a new JOB regardless of his HEELS.

EDIT: Baiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, I'm confused - is this being presented as a positive thing? If true, it may go some way towards explaining why the team has been stagnant for the last twelve months, I guess. Perhaps people have been telling Hook that things need to change, and he's stubbornly refusing to do anything.

The team IMO has been stagnant for a lot longer than 12 mnths ........and long before Griffin took over as coach.

yeh, since the early 2000s really. only difference is that back then we had lockyer, a few other stars around him, and a much younger though not less injury prone hodges.

yeh, since the early 2000s really. only difference is that back then we had lockyer, a few other stars around him, and a much younger though not less injury prone hodges.

I wouldnt go that far back, we were a pretty gun team in the early to mid 2000's.

I do think since around 2009/2010 we had started to have more trouble consistently beating the top 4 sides, Melbourne in particular. Its slowly snowballed to where we are now.

Round about the time we signed Wallace ....if you ask me. :winky:

The fall began when Lockyer retired imo with him gone we have a backline that struggles to score points and the halves have lacked direction ever since Origin ended last year, we were gunning during the 1st half of last year.

Yep, Yow Yeh was a massive blow, proven try scorer, a target in attack for the bomb and speed out wide.

Since late March 2012 we have struggled on one of our wings with the added injury to Copely.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing but i wish we had have implemented a better contingency plan to cover JYY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • Emanon
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • heartly87
  • Dexter
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.