Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin says he'll pilot the Broncos out of their slump and up the NRL ladder | Rugby League, NRL Scores, NRL Ladder | Fox Sports

“I’ve got a job to do here. Some people are going to have an opinion either way, the important thing for me is that I’m doing my job for the players.

"Inside our four walls we’re solid, the media will do what they want to do otherwise. I’m not too concerned about it.

“That’s not something we’ve been concentrating on this week, we’ve got a game tomorrow night that we’re interested in.”

Griffin, who is contracted until 2015, said he was committed to bringing the Broncos through this situation and was “totally confident” in his ability to coach the team.

“I love the club and I love coaching here. I’m happy to keep doing it as long as that lasts,” he said.

“In the end it will be someone other than me that decides that. You’d have to ask questions somewhere else.

“We’re not happy with what is happening at the moment, everyone is not happy. But we know where we are going and we will come out of this stronger and because of the position we are in at the moment we will build harder and stronger and we’ve got to stare it in the face and cop our medicine at the moment.

“That is part of getting to where we want to be.”

Hey big Pete ...Faithinhook has an unusual opinion but it is not a 'very unique' opinion ! It's not a one of a kind opinion !:001_tt2:

Please stop using the term 'very unique'! It's annoying the president!

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so Griffin is apparently confident. Just hopefully not so confident that he's never going to try anything outside his comfort zone when it comes to coaching.

i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. locky's right, we dont have the 'match-winners' right now and who honestly knows whether the club is sitting on their hands, or actively seeking a solution. i guess we have to believe the latter and wait and see what happens before 2014. i can only hope we line up a little differently next year, with a nice signing or two.

we got ourselves in a bad situation but letting the past be the past it is hard to see any sort of 'quick-fix' on the market. we can all talk "WE NEED A HALF" but there simply are none that are proven and ready to sign. we can dream about players who are still under contract at their respective clubs, its going to be hard to make them leave. there are a few young guys going around who are unproven and a few guys in union who would cause heated debate/division amongst the fans if we went out and bought one of em.

starting to sound like FaithInHook here.

Wanted to be first to revive this thread post loss. :biggrin:

given how our management works Griffin has just signed a 10 year extension.

^^^^^

no doubt GC Bronco.

Its funny that we have only won 11 from 33 and yet Griffin the goose has never sacked a player. Nor has White sacked Griffin.

I don't want to hear the word effort from anyone. Effort means **** all when we can win a game.

“We’re not happy with what is happening at the moment, everyone is not happy. But we know where we are going and we will come out of this stronger and because of the position we are in at the moment we will build harder and stronger and we’ve got to stare it in the face and cop our medicine at the moment.

Well we aren't happy that you are still coaching like shit.

We are staring at the wooden spoon that could be in our hands at the end of the season.

With the way the Broncos are going atm if Griffin was shown the door and the club begged someone from anywhere to coach them I would be more than happy to do it. I think I could get the Broncos higher the the bottom 4 at least.

griffin clearly has too much belief in the troops he's got. maybe belief that i had shared until the last few weeks. wallace.. he's just not good enough. prince.. well he's somewhat dangerous in attack but he's getting on and cant tackle. norman? well griffo has stuck by him but the fruit doesnt show pride in teh jersey.

carney was the difference tonight. give us a decent half and we would have won that game easily.

at some point soon he's gotta make some big calls.

I hear Griffin is writing a book: The Acme Book of Excuses

The level of vindication I'm feeling right now is immense.

The dud revealed himself round 20 last year.

Last edited:
The players are showing up for him that is for sure. Just doesn't have the cattle to play his game plan. I'd give him next year at this stage. Need an overhaul if his support crew though.

The players are showing up for him that is for sure. Just doesn't have the cattle to play his game plan. I'd give him next year at this stage. Need an overhaul if his support crew though.

Really? Granted we lack decent halves, I think his game plan is one of the biggest issues we have. Far too conservative in his approach. I'm sick of 'playing the percentages'.

If it was working and we were winning, sure, I'd be fine with it. As it stands though, we are probably the most boring team in the comp, and we win once a blue moon. I like to think I'm a pretty patient guy, but Hook hasn't done himself any favours this season.

I'm not going to call for his head, but I'd have no qualms if he were to be sacked.

I was most disappointed in the last 10minutes because we showed we have the cattle to score tries, we dominated field position and monitored their guys all game but the last ten minutes is the first time all year we've tried to score tries.

^^^^^

no doubt GC Bronco.

Its funny that we have only won 11 from 33 and yet Griffin the goose has never sacked a player. Nor has White sacked Griffin.

I don't want to hear the word effort from anyone. Effort means **** all when we can win a game.

Griffin sacked gagai our most promising back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Stix
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • theshed
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • Allo
  • The True King
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.