Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players are showing up for him that is for sure. Just doesn't have the cattle to play his game plan. I'd give him next year at this stage. Need an overhaul if his support crew though.

If we had at least one creative half (and I still believe that Prince could full fill this role, with Hunt) then really Griffin's game plan wouldn't look half as bad as it does. When the forwards do their job, we make easy metres down the park. We put ourselves in try scoring positions....regularly

and then

we fizzle out.

If there was one aspect of the game plan that is deserving of real criticiism then it would be our lack of attacking structure. But then it's been devoid long before Griffins time.....even Henjack. We still play the WB inspired backline moves.......which were getting old 5 yrs ago. It's hard to believe that with such attacking geniuses as Langer and Locky still at the club, that we don't have more to offer with the ball in our hand.

I was most disappointed in the last 10minutes because we showed we have the cattle to score tries, we dominated field position and monitored their guys all game but the last ten minutes is the first time all year we've tried to score tries.

This is what ***** me off. They have the ability to play exciting football but griffin has just stifled it out of them. It's like he says to them "play my boring, negative football for 70 minutes and if we are behind you can play your natural game for the last 10 minutes."

71 minutes to go, Ben hunt yells out "we can play the forbidden music now"

Griffin won't be sacked before next year. He has signings in the pipeline and will be given next year to prove he can coach

IMO, all we need to be top 8 and most likely closer to the top 4 is a couple of key positions filled.

1. Start with a creative half. someone who can utilise the great positions our forwards regularly get us in.

2. an x-factor at fullback, someone who puts the opposition defence in 2 minds when he gets the ball in his hands. (Barba would fit this bill perfectly)

3. piss off McCullough - either give Baptise a shot to prove he is an NRL quality hooker or move Wallace to hooker (i'd be happy with either). you can then move Granville to bench hooker (if you even need one). What we need is a hooker that gives our halves good service and time to actr, not a slow ass who by the time he gets the ball to our halves has the opposition defence in their face.

After last night it's confirmed to me that if you're in a team coached by Anthony Griffin you just need to put in your best effort and you're in the team. He hasn't got the guts to drop under-performing players.

After last night it's confirmed to me that if you're in a team coached by Anthony Griffin you just need to put in your best effort and you're in the team. He hasn't got the guts to drop under-performing players.

Its like Norman has his kids for ransom or something

Griffin won't be sacked before next year. He has signings in the pipeline and will be given next year to prove he can coach

What signings are these?

This is what ***** me off. They have the ability to play exciting football but griffin has just stifled it out of them. It's like he says to them "play my boring, negative football for 70 minutes and if we are behind you can play your natural game for the last 10 minutes."

71 minutes to go, Ben hunt yells out "we can play the forbidden music now"

You have to factor in that the Sharks believed they had the game won and dropped off their defensive intensity.

I've never been the sort of person that advocates the sacking of a coach, I stood by Henjak even when clearly he wasn't the right choice as it turned out (e.g Inglis) and still suggest that Griffin can coach, but I'll throw my two cents in. The way I'm seeing it is that he has coached many of the current roster to the U20's GF and has stood by them, possibly blind to their abilities, or lack of. The simple fact is, you can't win this comp on effort and while I agree, the team on a whole, puts in effort, without skill, size and speed, effort will only go so far. IMO he has backed these players and they just have not developed into what he, and let's not forget, many other people thought they would. Even Gould was saying that the young crop would win a premiership in the next 5 years, that was 2 years ago. Trouble is he is now stuck with what he has, we can't buy a new team and not enough quality on the existing roster.

I've never been the sort of person that advocates the sacking of a coach, I stood by Henjak even when clearly he wasn't the right choice as it turned out (e.g Inglis) and still suggest that Griffin can coach, but I'll throw my two cents in. The way I'm seeing it is that he has coached many of the current roster to the U20's GF and has stood by them, possibly blind to their abilities, or lack of. The simple fact is, you can't win this comp on effort and while I agree, the team on a whole, puts in effort, without skill, size and speed, effort will only go so far. IMO he has backed these players and they just have not developed into what he, and let's not forget, many other people thought they would. Even Gould was saying that the young crop would win a premiership in the next 5 years, that was 2 years ago. Trouble is he is now stuck with what he has, we can't buy a new team and not enough quality on the existing roster.

Not that I believe it, but the alternative is that we do have a team that is good enough, but their game plans stifle their ability.

I wish the media would start asking him some hard questions.

Why has Norman been given an extended shot in the halves yet Hunt hasn't?
Why is Hunt being played on the bench over Granville/Baptiste? What does he offer the team that the other two don't?
Why does Thaiday play up front when he is 100x better in the back row?
Why does the team stand so flat in attack a lot of the time?

etc etc

I'm sorry, but I have had a few people tell me that the players 'got stuck in' last night and all that jazz.

The sad reality is, we only got back into the game (as per usual) once the game plan out the window after 60 minutes and we just started going for it.

Hook is clueless on how to get the best out of these blokes, not only are the players too comfortable but so is Hook. He's too safe. You can't keep losing and putting out the same 17 and same tactics week in, week out, hoping results will change.

Griffin is just wasting the club's time now. The season is over. He should be punted, and along with him, so should the departing players (just Norman). Maranta shouldn't play another first grade game on the wing, ever. We need to stop playing those 'almost there' players such as Dunamis Lui, Mitchell Dodds and Jarrad Wallace. Time to shake things up, give some other young blokes a go and bring in a new coach.

We need a coach that has the balls to do a clean up of the playing roster.

A coach who can tell the difference between shit & clay.

I think we have the only coach in the competition who hasn't got the balls to do it.

It's depressing seeing all the other clubs down the bottom make some progress. Dragons the worst of all, they've had a similar fall to us, but are actually doing something quick smart about fixing it up.

Griffin has just said broncs need a break and is glad it's a bye this week. Didn't they just have one? How many excuses does this clown have...

His BS is clearly working for him as somebody at the club keeps buying into it.

Wasn't a whole lot wrong with the gameplan last night - it was just the same old suspects letting the team down.

Hook still has my support until R20 Team List Tuesday, after that things may change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Shane Tronc
  • broncotville
  • Howie
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.