Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindsight is a beautiful thing but i wish we had have implemented a better contingency plan to cover JYY.

I guess Kahu was sort of the plan. If we didn't kick Gagai out, he'd be a plan too.
Other than that, it just sucks we have no decent backs coming through in the U20s (as I understand it).

I think Kahu will be better for the run next year......

We just haven't had a lot of winners lately. We also have had some terrible luck. It sounds silly but Yow Yeh would make such a difference to our side and he isn't even a key position player,

Definitely
I reckon JYY would have been a brilliant fullback

Guys to the 1 or 2 subscribers who seemed to take offence at my earlier posting on this thread, I wasn't out to cause waves, whatever you may think of me. If you don't want to read my postings, put me on ignore. Or worse, if I write anything that causes offence, don't hesitate to report me to the moderation team here.

I was only trying to point out that while yes, maybe 1 of Hook's weaknesses is his stubborness and reluctance to change his ways. But, I think you could on the other hand say it may also BE 1 of his strengths. Back in his playing days, and before he came to commonly be known as Hook, he was referred to as 'SteamTrain' in the lockerrooms. Why? He performed at his optimal levels 'when he was under pressure'. The guy could be like a machine when needed, BUT, he could also remain calm, cool and collected - like a cucumber.

Guys to the 1 or 2 subscribers who seemed to take offence at my earlier posting on this thread, I wasn't out to cause waves, whatever you may think of me. If you don't want to read my postings, put me on ignore. Or worse, if I write anything that causes offence, don't hesitate to report me to the moderation team here.

I was only trying to point out that while yes, maybe 1 of Hook's weaknesses is his stubborness and reluctance to change his ways. But, I think you could on the other hand say it may also BE 1 of his strengths. Back in his playing days, and before he came to commonly be known as Hook, he was referred to as 'SteamTrain' in the lockerrooms. Why? He performed at his optimal levels 'when he was under pressure'. The guy could be like a machine when needed, BUT, he could also remain calm, cool and collected - like a cucumber.

Where's the ignore button

I kinda blame wallace for yow yehs injury in some ways. Wallace put up the worst bomb and jyy was just too committed to making the bomb look better.

That is like blaming Beale for Lockyers injury.. Just idiotic

1. Gagai
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Reed
5. Hoffman

What could've been

Did he ever get called 'the cucumber'?
the last fellow to carry that nickname was Woz Capper from memory.

But you've neglected to explain how stubbornness could possibly be a strength, particularly as it pertains to being the head coach of a professional rugby league football club.

And if he performs best whilst under pressure, why has he performed so poorly for the last few months while the pressure has been on? Honestly, I'd rather someone who performed at optimal levels when the pressure isn't on as well, cause, you know, that should only be most of the bloody time...

I'm not having a go, FIH, I'm genuinely interested in your argument. Mainly because I can't possibly fathom how anyone could see a silver lining in Hook's performances for the better part of his head coaching career.

Last edited:
personally, I think FiH should move his capitalized word one position to the right

This is the first and last time I'm going to say this.

Discuss the topic and not the poster.

Got a problem, report it.

As is, FaithinHook is a member with a very unique opinion. If you can't talk to him without attacking him then maybe you don't belong here.

Hey big Pete ...Faithinhook has an unusual opinion but it is not a 'very unique' opinion ! It's not a one of a kind opinion !:001_tt2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Xzei
  • eggstar10
  • johnny plath
  • heartly87
  • simplythebest
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Tim K
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.