Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't need to be thrown around with 0 purpose like the Eels used to do. Just get the forwards passing the ball like Hasler and Kimmorley got the Dogs doing in 2012.

Like we did last year for 1.5 games and this year for 2 games I think.

Looks to me like it's Hannant who inspires that excellent game plan variation

It's just another nail in Hook's coffin that he cannot get that play as a regular set piece of our game plan.

We have made the most hit ups and most metres in the entire comp.

Two underlying issues here - 1. shitloads of metres and field position lined up by the forwards and we do nothing with it. 2. We're not doing enough with the ball, most sets are just 5 hit ups and then a bomb, not trying any backline movements in the set.

We have the highest completion rate in the comp. We only complete the most sets in the comp because we play the most boring and least expansive brand of footy.

We've also missed the most tackles, and it's not even a close count.

All of these stats make for some pretty piss poor reading, stats don't tell the whole story but they help show just how under performing our side is with Griffin's boring brand of football.

We have made the most hit ups and most metres in the entire comp.

Two underlying issues here - 1. shitloads of metres and field position lined up by the forwards and we do nothing with it. 2. We're not doing enough with the ball, most sets are just 5 hit ups and then a bomb, not trying any backline movements in the set.

We have the highest completion rate in the comp. We only complete the most sets in the comp because we play the most boring and least expansive brand of footy.

We've also missed the most tackles, and it's not even a close count.

All of these stats make for some pretty piss poor reading, stats don't tell the whole story but they help show just how under performing our side is with Griffin's boring brand of football.
The missed tackles count is by far our biggest issue.
Add to that the amount of bombed tries by Maranta and Norman, and imagine where we would be!

We may still lack something to be premiership threats, but we could easily be disputing the 4th spot on the ladder...

The missed tackles count is by far our biggest issue.
Add to that the amount of bombed tries by Maranta and Norman, and imagine where we would be!

We may still lack something to be premiership threats, but we could easily be disputing the 4th spot on the ladder...
And whose decision is to select those two? If those two numpties are named on Tuesday I'm joining the sack Griffin brigade.

And whose decision is to select those two? If those two numpties are named on Tuesday I'm joining the sack Griffin brigade.

I'm right with you here. Griffin still has my support at this stage, however, if he names Norman again (and there isn't some massive backline crisis) then I am right on the sack griffin express

Not disagreeing with you. Overwhelming evidence and all...

My feeling is this.

Hook stays around for 2014.

But that's it. He can cop the brunt of that year and we move on in 2015 with a new coach, a new manager and a new direction.

My feeling is this.

But that's it. He can cop the brunt of that year and we move on in 2015 with a new coach, a new manager and a new direction.

As long as we're moving in One Direction...

My feeling is this.

I get the same feeling Pete
Surely they have a plan when they gave him their full support for next year

I've never been the sort of person that advocates the sacking of a coach, I stood by Henjak even when clearly he wasn't the right choice as it turned out (e.g Inglis) and still suggest that Griffin can coach, but I'll throw my two cents in. The way I'm seeing it is that he has coached many of the current roster to the U20's GF and has stood by them, possibly blind to their abilities, or lack of. The simple fact is, you can't win this comp on effort and while I agree, the team on a whole, puts in effort, without skill, size and speed, effort will only go so far. IMO he has backed these players and they just have not developed into what he, and let's not forget, many other people thought they would. Even Gould was saying that the young crop would win a premiership in the next 5 years, that was 2 years ago. Trouble is he is now stuck with what he has, we can't buy a new team and not enough quality on the existing roster.
The thing for me is the quality in our team isn't THAT bad, I mean we may not a have a premiership winning side but we definitely aren't as bad as we have been playing.

The thing for me is the quality in our team isn't THAT bad, I mean we may not a have a premiership winning side but we definitely aren't as bad as we have been playing.

You're exactly right. We have been in with a chance just about every game we have played. We just lack that gamebreaker.

Joining....??

Didn't you start this thread, like half way through last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Purple Pills
  • Astro
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • Howie
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Mustafur
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.