Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Think a lot of people have forgotten 2011 and the start of 2012 , and the fact that all these tactical coaches (Bellamy , hasler & co )have a lot more staff than Griffin has. I am not saying he is very good coach yet but I think if all these rumors come true next will be the game breaker .As for this year who many players played out of position for to long was not a good option imo

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I was on the sack Hook bandwagon earlier in the year but I'm now off that bandwagon. I think Hook needs to surround himself with better people and his strengths will be really noticed.

Steve Renouf

Steve Renouf

NYC Player
Aug 31, 2012
I was on the sack Hook bandwagon earlier in the year but I'm now off that bandwagon. I think Hook needs to surround himself with better people and his strengths will be really noticed.
I agree. If he can surround himself with one or two head coaches that know what the **** they are doing, things should really improve.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

What are his strengths after 2 seasons?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
What are his strengths after 2 seasons?

We get up and down the park alright .......we have no strike power to get across the line.

That's not new. It was the same last year and even with Locky in his final year, it was evident back then.

Strike power is hopefully on it's way.

Other than his use of the interchange / lack of.... which is frustrating, and not seeing the writing on the wall about Peter Wallace a lot earlier

considering the cattle available, I think Griffin is still doing a fair job.

Stephen Kearney on the other hand is a shunt and should be told to **** off. Our previous years "better success" was on the back of our defence

Kearney has done something to unravel that. Our defence this year at times was embarrassing.

He has to go.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Please just STFU up about Wallace. Your obsession is borderline psychotic ffs. You're worse than Big Dave and his Gagai obsession.

You find it a bit rich that people blame the coach for most players going backwards under his tenure, but you have done nothing but pin everything wrong about the Broncos on the ranga who has always given everything he had for the jersey. If you could, I'm sure you'd pin the GFC on him too. Enough is enough mate, give it a rest.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Please just STFU up about Wallace. Your obsession is borderline psychotic ffs. You're worse than Big Dave and his Gagai obsession.

You find it a bit rich that people blame the coach for most players going backwards under his tenure, but you have done nothing but pin everything wrong about the Broncos on the ranga who has always given everything he had for the jersey. If you could, I'm sure you'd pin the GFC on him too. Enough is enough mate, give it a rest.

You took one line from my post and have gone off on an emotional rant. I wasn't so much bagging Wallace as I was legititaly trying use his circumstances to explain my criticisms on Griffins coaching.

The point I was trying to make that if a change in the halves had of happened earlier, then IMO we would be sitting inside the 8. Which says to me that Griffin isn't doing much else wrong.

I'm not the only one who feels this way ....you can't silence us all.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Let's leave the Wallace argument in the correct thread guys.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
If hook surrounded himself with another job then his strengths will really show. Maybe

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
I'm seriously struggling to understand how anyone can condone Griffin getting another shot next year, given the appalling state the team is in at the moment. I live in hope that the club has simply wanted to avoid distractions during the season and will promptly conduct a review at season's end and actually bite the bullet and sack him.

As it is I can see two scenarios for why he'd be given another year at the helm. One, they genuinely believe he'll improve the team, despite all evidence being to the contrary. Or two, they're too cheap to sack him and still pick up his paycheck while they pay another coach to replace him, so they're just going put up with mediocrity for a little while longer. I'm not sure which is worse, in the end.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
yeah griffin has to go. this is worse than henjak and we can't even use the excuse that the players don't like the coach anymore. if paul white can't sack his best mate griff then paul white needs to be sacked too

MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
Lets say Griffin didn't have connections with these players (or white?), would he be standing as coach atm? I see him coach just as bad if not worse than Henjack and that guy lost his job after one bad season. I fear new signings will save this guy from the right decision. We won't be top 4 next year, sht we may not even scrape in the top 8 even with Barba and if we get Milord, Griffin will ride the next season using the excuse "these guys are 'gelling' (I hate that term btw). Griffin has NO EFFIN IDEA. He doesn't know how to use the bench, how to utilize quality players, he has Origin types...THAIDAY(debatable these days), GILLETE, HANNANT, HODGES with additional country reps with REED and HOFFMAN, I could probably go on with stats..but that is 6/13 top of the line guys...

Its like he lives in his own world and anything that comes in is just a variable which he can make void with his "game plan". The next board announcement better be his sacking, rather than NRMA sponsorship sht.

We wont win a premiership with Griffin, hopefully people up stairs realize, if not quote me a couple years down the line.

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I'm happy for Griffin to have another go next year. The only concern I have is if he starts playing players for the sake of not hurting their feelings again (e.g. Hoffman at fullback) like what's happened this year with Norman at fullback and Wallace at interchange hooker, neither of which worked. Some of our second halves have been disgraceful too but I think more spark in attack will assist this.

At the end of the day the Broncos have struggled to score points all year and have not cracked 40 in any game, the same as 2003 which in my opinion was as bad a team as this year's and who were damn lucky to make the finals that year. I find it hard to get past the fact we were missing three of our first-choice backline for the majority of the season (Copley, Hodges, Yow Yeh) plus Reed for an extended period. Combined with the renewed hope after seeing Norman dropped plus Wallace and Anderson moved on and a few exciting buys in Barba/Kennedy/hopefully Milford, I think we will have enough in attack to challenge the better teams next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Lurker
  • Mr Fourex
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • The Boss
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Griffo
  • Galah
  • FACTHUNT
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.