Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Griffin has turned out far worse then Henjak ever did and he is being given another season. Hopeless. I have zero faith in Paul White to do the right thing.

Nothing is worse than the capitulations on the field under Henjak. Add his lack of tact and personality, and Henjak was a disaster.

This is not an endorsement for Griffin by the way!

It just shits me knowing what someone like Bellamy could do with our squad next year.

Although something tells me half the players would have a sook about him being too hard on them.

As a football club a standard has been set through our history... That standard is Finals football. We have failed to meet that standard by a long way... We as a club have been the envy of every other club in the competition. Due to work commitments I have to live in Melbourne. This means I also have to sit through the Sydney game before the QLD game. I watched the Rabbits run down the Tigers after being down 18-0 in game 1 tonight... And for the VERY first time in my life I sat there watching the Bronco's game thinking.. I wish my team played like the Rabbits did.
My finger is pointed squarely at Hook and Kearney, why we ever decided to give the latter a job has me absolutely baffled... I'm speculating but could it have anything to do with the work he did with Wayne during the 08 world cup? Maybe Wayne put in a good word for him through the connections he may have at the Bronco's? I honestly do not get it so if someone who is the know could explain that to this QLD'er stuck in VIC that would be great.

As for the head coach... well as we see so much in our game today coaches are held accountable for the season their team has... The bar is set high and he as a coach can't even reach it, Sorry Hook it's nothing personal, It's just business.

Here's to a better, brighter 2014. And a stress less September (And that is not a good thing) :crying:.

Last edited:
As a football club a standard has been set through our history... That standard is Finals football. We have failed to meet that standard by a long way... We as a club have been the envy of every other club in the competition. Due to work commitments I have to live in Melbourne. This means I also have to sit through the Sydney game before the QLD game. I watched the Rabbits run down the Tigers after being down 18-0 in game 1 tonight... And for the VERY first time in my life I sat there watching the Bronco's game thinking.. I wish my team played like the Rabbits did.
My finger is pointed squarely at Hook and Kearney, why we ever decided to give the latter a job has me absolutely baffled... I'm speculating but could it have anything to do with the work he did with Wayne during the 08 world cup? Maybe Wayne put in a good word for him through the connections he may have at the Bronco's? I honestly do not get it so if someone who is the know could explain that to this QLD'er stuck in VIC that would be great.

As for the head coach... well as we see so much in our game today coaches are held accountable for the season their team has... The bar is set high and he as a coach can't even reach it, Sorry Hook it's nothing personal, It's just business.

Here's to a better, brighter 2104. And a stress less September (And that is not a good thing) :crying:.

I know we have a bad team but 90 years before any improvement might be a bit pessimistic.

I think the club thought Kearney would deliver a couple of gun Kiwis to add to our roster- I believe his appointment was more to do with his 'contacts'.
He has failed miserably in that regard as well.
The team, regardless of any spin, is shambolic, unorganised, adhoc etc.
This is the domain of the coaching staff.

Did anyone see how animated Maguire was at halftime during the Rabbitohs vs Tigers match last night? We desperately need a coach who's willing to do that, who's ready to give the team a spray at halftime and lay down the god damn law, who won't put up with half-arsed efforts and lull periods during a match. Did it work? Yes, it worked, of course it worked, South's won the 2nd half 20-0.

Did anyone see how animated Maguire was at halftime during the Rabbitohs vs Tigers match last night? We desperately need a coach who's willing to do that, who's ready to give the team a spray at halftime and lay down the god damn law, who won't put up with half-arsed efforts and lull periods during a match. Did it work? Yes, it worked, of course it worked, South's won the 2nd half 20-0.

Big difference in games there, rabbitohs were always gonna come back and the ref gave the tigers a head start

Big difference in games there, rabbitohs were always gonna come back and the ref gave the tigers a head start

True, but the point I'm trying to make is that Griffin is too casual at half time. How many poor 2nd half's have we had this year? Fire up the boys buddy!

When have you ever seen griff animated? Theres no way he's gonna fire up the boys.

I'd like to go about three steps back before that.. To the training ground, to the pre season to see what in gods name this coach and his team are doing..

Yeah, I've been asking that for most of this year. What do they do at training, aside from the same stuff the juniors do?

Rehearsing set plays until they are 2nd nature? Working out who calls the plays and when?

Anyway, I will give Hook one thing and that is ... no, no, the Eels have that locked up.

My sauce told me that the player's poor form is the result of a dispute with management, and not Hook.

Paul White got sick of his kids having to line up to use the water fountain when they visited him at work. Despite Hook advising otherwise White demanded that one fountain be completely reserved for his family. This didn't sit well with players and staff, especially with some of the indigenous players. Why they took such offense to family only bubbler is still unclear.

WhitesOnlyFountain-1.jpg

Who does the end of season audit ?

I wish it was BHQ, ooooooh can you imagine how fun that would be?

"Griffin, Kearney, Thaiday, Maranta, please walk out that door and never ever come back, thank-you"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Financeguy
  • bb_gun
  • Morkel
  • bert_lifts
  • Cavalo
  • Dexter
  • Dreaglor
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jason Simmons
  • mrslong
  • Dash
  • Robboi_321
  • BruiserMk1
  • Fitzy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Allo
  • broncotville
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.