Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if all the ex Broncos would try coaching the current crop of Broncos in some capacity, instead of every other club we'd be a bit more better off than we currently are.

TBH his time at the Catalans is hard to real gauge his potential as a coach, 37 percent might sound bad but they have only been in the super league since 2006 and not being based in England where League is more popular, success is a harder and longer path to achieve, overnight success in his few years there would be an extremely hard thing to have achieved. Cautiously optimistic is fine Alec, as long as its balanced.

Last edited:
I'm not writing him off, I'd be for his signing (just cautiously optimistic), especially as it will likely take Griffin away from coaching our attack.

Yeah fair enough. I just can't see griffin being a long term coach, nor do i see him changing things up enough for him to be given another season. Pay him out, cut ties now.

TBH his time at the Catalans is hard to real gauge his potential as a coach, 37 percent might sound bad but they have only been in the super league since 2006 and not being based in England where League is more popular, success is a harder and longer path to achieve, overnight success in his few years there would be an extremely hard thing to have achieved. Cautiously optimistic is fine Alec, as long as its balanced.

Very well said!

Trent Robinson got them to consecutive preliminary finals right after Walters left them with the spoon...

We need a proven coach that can get the best out of the team.

Last edited:
There is nothing in Walters resume to suggest we should employ him as head coach at this stage

I'd rather keep Griffin as head coach, sack Kearney and hire Walters as an assistant coach for next season.. and then purely depending on how the Broncos play next year, make a decision on Griffin.

We are nothing more than a stupid Sydney club. Shit coach, shit players, and rumblings and hate in the board.

**** Griffin off, **** Gee off, and tell White to sort this fucking club out, or he's gone.

We are nothing more than a stupid Sydney club. **** coach, **** players, and rumblings and hate in the board.

**** Griffin off, **** Gee off, and tell White to sort this ****ing club out, or he's gone.

I have to agree. we are becoming a bit of a laughing stock in sydney. people down here can't understand why amateur hour is going on at the broncs.

With the money we have, I can't understand why we are so amateur. We need a head coach, an offensive coach a D coach and a halves coach. I feel like our coaching staff is as big as an under 16s team

I feel like the administration has been doing great things lately. Putting a fishing net in the local jnr areas, getting Storm's conditioning coach and Canberra's scout. I actually have some faith they'll do well in securing the right coach too.

who else has done the fan survey? thought it was pretty funny how there were largely pedestrian questions and then a spanner in the works along the lines of "would you consider changing your allegiences if the club employed a coach you didn't like"

they are lookin around

who else has done the fan survey? thought it was pretty funny how there were largely pedestrian questions and then a spanner in the works along the lines of "would you consider changing your allegiences if the club employed a coach you didn't like"

they are lookin around

Weird question to ask though if they are looking at Walters. If your a broncos fan and you don't like Walters... well your not a broncos fan lol

Weird question to ask though if they are looking at Walters. If your a broncos fan and you don't like Walters... well your not a broncos fan lol

Maybe they designed the question when Sticky was still at Parra?

i just think it means they are entertaining quite a few ideas right now.

and what was in Henjaks or Griffins an under 20s gf and qcup?

Henjack ????????
Griffin Q Cup premierships and U20s GF
More than Walters.
I did not rule Walters out just saying there is more negative than positive in his resume. To me he needs to go out and prove himself worthy. He has tried but as yet nothing to write home about.
If the Broncos hire him as head coach it will be in hope that he proves up to it. He would have to prove to me that he could make some tough decisions and not be one of the boys.
Don't get me wrong, i have always loved the guy but i want the right coach not the peoples favourite

BTW this is not an argument for or against Griffin as i am like the rest of you and just not sure what is going on there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • bb_gun
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.