Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the administration has been doing great things lately. Putting a fishing net in the local jnr areas, getting Storm's conditioning coach and Canberra's scout. I actually have some faith they'll do well in securing the right coach too.

This guy gets it.

We've been a "shambles" for a while now tbh, but finally some bright spark has caught on to the fact and has started to make some sorely needed changes. Changes take time. The club will take time to get back on the straight and narrow but at least positive steps have been made.

Want to talk about a laughing stock? Look at Parra with their half a dozen coaches in as many years (or whatever it is), the board's been changed more times than I care to count as well. We're a laughing stock compared to what we were, but we're still head and shoulders above a number of teams IMO.

Chris Garry may not be a great authority but he did say at the start of this season that it would take another 2 years to fully recover from the Cullen/Henjak era.
We are now one season through it with another to go which should see some improvement and hopefully be right for 2015.

I am not privy to what CG knows so i am just passing on his comments

Some ignorant posts about Kevvie's career, coached at two Qld Cup clubs for a premiership and Grand Final. Assistant for Origin and Storm and a stint in England.

What else would people like on an aspiring coaches CV?

The CV argument doesn't hold any weight.

Some ignorant posts about Kevvie's career, coached at two Qld Cup clubs for a premiership and Grand Final. Assistant for Origin and Storm and a stint in England.

What else would people like on an aspiring coaches CV?

The CV argument doesn't hold any weight.

Finally a post of yours that i like.

I stand corrected on Kevvie in Q Cup then 1910.
I also think he was assistant at the Broncos but was finished up early by Bennett for whatever reason

Assistant in Origin does not make you an NRL Coach and the stint in England was not fantastic but it was with Catalans.
As i have stated i am not sure he offers any more than we already have

Last edited:
I stand corrected on Kevvie in Q Cup then 1910.

Assistant in Origin does not make you an NRL Coach and the stint in England was not fantastic but it was with Catalans.
As i have stated i am not sure he offers any more than we already have

I think the fact he is a legend of the club adds a lot more than Griffin the muppet.

If Walters was available and wanted the job, then surely it wouldn't hurt to offer him at the very least an assistant coaching role ?

I think its an attitude thing. Hooks attitude after games, the whole we will fix it by next week thing, is crap. His post match conferences were embarrassing and the exact same every week. I think he lacks passion for our club. We all wanted to see him crack like Toovey did at the pitiful calls we got all season and nothing happened. I think the ex Broncos need to come back to the club in some capacity.

Which great, or very good players have gone on to become great coaches?

I think its an attitude thing. Hooks attitude after games, the whole we will fix it by next week thing, is crap. His post match conferences were embarrassing and the exact same every week. I think he lacks passion for our club. We all wanted to see him crack like Toovey did at the pitiful calls we got all season and nothing happened. I think the ex Broncos need to come back to the club in some capacity.

Yeah . what's he on about ? acting like a grownup.

Yeah . what's he on about ? acting like a grownup.

Please. I agree with him, Griffins press conferences were as frustrating as ****, spoke about how we are fixing it etc etc and did nothing about it go **** yourself griffin gtfo.

Please. I agree with him, Griffins press conferences were as frustrating as ****, spoke about how we are fixing it etc etc and did nothing about it go **** yourself griffin gtfo.

Yeah would be better if he threw the players under the bus and blamed the refs

Well it's either the players or him. The players he continued to choose didn't fix anything. And the refs deserved to cop more criticism this year than they did (And they copped a lot, just not from the right people).

Why not? if they dont perform it should be noted to the public. Maybe if there was some open scrutiny from their best mate griffin they might get their fucking act together

Why not? if they dont perform it should be noted to the public. Maybe if there was some open scrutiny from their best mate griffin they might get their fucking act together

You have to be kidding me.

If any coach of the broncos ever did that, I would hope white would headbutt him and firing him on the fucking spot.

If any coach of the broncos ever did that, I would hope white would headbutt him and firing him on the fucking spot.

So you're saying that if players are playing bad, nobody should say anything about? That's what happened this year and look how it worked.

Singling players out to the media is pretty bad, but Griffin actually seemed like he believed all the excuses he was making.

If any coach of the broncos ever did that, I would hope white would headbutt him and firing him on the ****ing spot.[/QUOTE

So just shelter them? Say oh we are trying blah blah blah, mate this is the reason we had the shit year we did cause griffin did not instil any of that in them they were safe regardless of the shit they served up. Fire a coach for being honest? Yet we are all happy for refs to be shamed for their shocking performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Bronx48
  • kman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.