Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
attacking the refs is a diversion, i respect him more that he keeps those frustrations to himself. once you accept that the refs aren't corrupt, you must suck it up and accept the rub of the green. Sure they make mistakes, but the scrutiny that they are under is unprecedented. once we dont afford respect for the role of the refs, the sport is doomed.

Singling players out to the media is pretty bad, but Griffin actually seemed like he believed all the excuses he was making.

If it is done in a constructive way i have no problem with it. Yeah he prob did, which is why we need him gone.

attacking the refs is a diversion, i respect him more that he keeps those frustrations to himself. once you accept that the refs aren't corrupt, you must suck it up and accept the rub of the green. Sure they make mistakes, but the scrutiny that they are under is unprecedented. once we dont afford respect for the role of the refs, the sport is doomed.

I don't think they're corrupt. I think they're bad. If you're bad at your job your boss tells you. If you continue it you lose your job. Rugby league is a job.

The article if it has any truth too it, said he would be an assistant, if the push for him to take over falls on deaf ears.

EDIT: I do feel tho if he becomes assistant it may be a little kevin rudd julia gillard esque.

Which great, or very good players have gone on to become great coaches?

Bob Fulton and Des Hasler. Geoff Toovey is doing a very good job with Manly and Andrew Johns is doing a great job with Manly's halves.

I think its an attitude thing. Hooks attitude after games, the whole we will fix it by next week thing, is crap. His post match conferences were embarrassing and the exact same every week. I think he lacks passion for our club. We all wanted to see him crack like Toovey did at the pitiful calls we got all season and nothing happened. I think the ex Broncos need to come back to the club in some capacity.

Bennett has some embarrassing press conferences.
Toovey made me laugh when he cracked up. One of the funniest press conferences

Bob Fulton and Des Hasler. Geoff Toovey is doing a very good job with Manly and Andrew Johns is doing a great job with Manly's halves.

Must admit Mal has done a good job with QLD as well ;)

The article if it has any truth too it, said he would be an assistant, if the push for him to take over falls on deaf ears.

EDIT: I do feel tho if he becomes assistant it may be a little kevin rudd julia gillard esque.

I would hate to even think that Griffin and Walters would be like Rudd and Gillard. These two do not need to be mentioned on this thread.
I think Griffin and Walters could work together and who knows Kevvie may just end up with the job.

So you're saying that if players are playing bad, nobody should say anything about? That's what happened this year and look how it worked.

No.

There is a time and a place for that, and in the media is not one of them... That would be an absolute disaster

I would hate to even think that Griffin and Walters would be like Rudd and Gillard. These two do not need to be mentioned on this thread.
I think Griffin and Walters could work together and who knows Kevvie may just end up with the job.

Haha my apologies they don't make for pleasant discussion.

I don't think they're corrupt. I think they're bad. If you're bad at your job your boss tells you. If you continue it you lose your job. Rugby league is a job.
yes . refereeing is a job. But we dont all have 50000 bosses. standards can always be higher. What do you think is the the reason that the refs arent up to your standard? personally, when i'm watching the bronco's every decision that goes against them is blatantly wrong, and I only remember the shockers from the games we lose.

I don't know about great . you may have an argument with hasler in the future, but I have a feeling his ship has sailed. I couldn't include Johns as an assistant.

yes . refereeing is a job. But we dont all have 50000 bosses. standards can always be higher. What do you think is the the reason that the refs arent up to your standard? personally, when i'm watching the bronco's every decision that goes against them is blatantly wrong, and I only remember the shockers from the games we lose.

It's not just for the Broncos. There was absolutely no consistency and I think its because there's two refs with two different views on each game. Illogical rules such as video refs not being able to rule on forward passes (Why is this?), touching the head being a penalty some times, unless you're the Roosters or Souths. Anyway, back on topic.

This has been going on as long as rugby league. Bagging the refs is a cultural pasttime but has crept more and more into the media. I thought toovey's outburst was juvenille. and unprofessional.

This has been going on as long as rugby league. Bagging the refs is a cultural pasttime but has crept more and more into the media. I thought toovey's outburst was juvenille. and unprofessional.

I'm not really one to blame the refs, but i can understand frustration getting the better of coaches. If they have to justify their performances, why shouldnt the refs? Their profession is as much of a performance based one as the coaches.

I'm not really one to blame the refs, but i can understand frustration getting the better of coaches. If they have to justify their performances, why shouldnt the refs? Their profession is as much of a performance based one as the coaches.
I don't think they are quite the same. Firstly the referees don't have rabid supporters at every game. They have to be in charge and the role deserves respect regardless of individual performance.
So I won't bag our coach for not public all bagging them.as I've said I respect him more for biting his tongue when all the toddlers are throwing their toys out of the cot all around him.

I think the fact he is a legend of the club adds a lot more than Griffin the muppet.

The fact that he is a club legend should mean jack shit in who should be coach of the Broncos ... look what happened with the Roosters and Fittler of the Lions and Voss and many other greats who went on to coach the clubs that made them greats.

I'm not saying Walters can't be a good coach, but if the major thing that he has going for him is that he is a a Broncos legend ... then he is the wrong coach of the Broncos

I think its an attitude thing. Hooks attitude after games, the whole we will fix it by next week thing, is crap. His post match conferences were embarrassing and the exact same every week. I think he lacks passion for our club. We all wanted to see him crack like Toovey did at the pitiful calls we got all season and nothing happened. I think the ex Broncos need to come back to the club in some capacity.

people seem to want him to come out after a loss and say we played like shit, we just plain suck and it is because of this player or that player. while we are at it every ref in the game is shot they have cost us every game we have ever played.

Press conferences after matches are publicity stunts, all ways have been always will be. It is far more important what he says to the players behind closed doors at training and the review sessions, if he says the same things to them that he says in press conferences then we have a problem.

most coaches never publicly blame players at the press conferences after a match, they may say we didn't play well enough or they were better than us on the day, but they never (using Hayne as an example) come out and say " you know what Jarryd Hayne cost us the match today, he was a useless turd that couldn't stop a try to say himself"

if you have footage of a coach singling a player out i'd like to see it.

/rants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Bronx48
  • kman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.