Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sack Griffin

First thing I'd do is take the captaincy off Thaiday, I was against it from the start. Parker should have it and he should play 80 minutes. Him and Hodges are two players who put in 100% every game and don't give up. Thaiday has been useless for the past two years.

Just said the sane on Facebook. Time Thaiday got dropped. He offers nothing.

Thaiday at least can defend every now and then. That's more than what Gillett offers.

Just said the sane on Facebook. Time Thaiday got dropped. He offers nothing.

Dude is no certainty for origin, on form

In all honesty he's no certainty for a spot in our team on his form! He was shit last year but we don't have quality replacements.

Our depth is rubbish.

Dude is no certainty for origin, on form
The selectors have no sacks, Thaiday is an automatic selection for the broncos and Queensland. He hasn't deserved selection in any rep team for going on 5 years now though.

Never wanted him as captain, have wanted him dropped to reserve grade and/or shopped around a number of times. We're just carrying on our tradition of keeping players long after their use by date has expired.

Thaiday is 27, he should be at his peak, instead he seems to have turned to shit.
Last season we had the shoulder excuse...

well when else is it supposed to change? we werent into the off season at that stage and we had been dissapointing for a few weeks before that. I personally don't think we should sack Hook just yet, but we have been performing **** for a while now.
What are you talking about ?

But really who? What coaches are actually available?

Would Kevvie Walters be open to it you reakon?

Too bad we picked up the quack assistant coach from the Storm while the Bunnies got the genius in Maguire.

well when else is it supposed to change? we werent into the off season at that stage and we had been dissapointing for a few weeks before that. I personally don't think we should sack Hook just yet, but we have been performing shit for a while now.

We bought one player that might be able to change things up.......other than that the team is the same. You think somehow over a couple of months average players are going to miraculously turn into better than average?

As I said.......it's going to get rough, but then again.....we've only just had the opening round. I'm expecting some improvement over time.

We bought one player that might be able to change things up.......other than that the team is the same. You think somehow over a couple of months average players are going to miraculously turn into better than average?

As I said.......it's going to get rough, but then again.....we've only just had the opening round. I'm expecting some improvement over time.
I'm not talking about new players or stuff like that, I'm talking about the way we play. No, I don't think we we're going to miraculously change and be a world beating side straight away but I do expect there to be some signs of improvement. Tonight we had no line speed in defense, seemed like we didn't win one play the ball all game and our attack was just throw it early to the center and get them to do something.

I'm not talking about new players or stuff like that, I'm talking about the way we play. No, I don't think we we're going to miraculously change and be a world beating side straight away but I do expect there to be some signs of improvement. Tonight we had no line speed in defense, seemed like we didn't win one play the ball all game and our attack was just throw it early to the center and get them to do something.

Certainly in the 2nd half that was the story........1st half, I thought we looked energetic....line speed was good, the enthusiasm was there and even though some may argue that we were "gifted" field position by Manly's penalty count, we were looking OK.

I can't help but add that in the 2nd half, Wallace seemed to take the lead hand from Prince and from there is where we started to look exactly as we did towards the end of last year.

Maybe that was coincidence....I'm not sure.

Still....one game in and the squeals reigniting about sacking the coach are being a tad premature, and embarrass me as a Brisbane fan.

Last edited:

I can't help but add that in the 2nd half, Wallace seemed to take the lead hand from Prince and from there is where we started to look exactly as we did towards the end of last year.

Wallace was the dominant partner all night.

Prince would just add a touch here or there. Some good, some bad.

Brett Kimmorley would be open to coaching, I don't think he'd be a bad choice either, I believe he's been coaching for the past two years too.

Thoughts on Flanagan guys? Seems he was unfairly sacked and has no actual involvement in any of this.

Sack Griffin

I'll wait a couple of months before I give my thoughts on another coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Totally Unr3al
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • Santa
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Kev_Guz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Waynesaurus
  • Galah
  • davidp
  • Astro
  • Skyblues87
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.