Sack Griffin/New Coach Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sack Griffin

I'd like to see Locky forget about TV (he's a bit Wally Lewis like .....not a natural) and concentrate on his coaching aspirations to see if he has anything to offer as a coach/assistant.

Is he currently involved with the team training at all......?

Do we really want more ex-players coaching?

And a player who played with the whole team 1 year back to now be coaching them?

Do we really want more ex-players coaching?

And a player who played with the whole team 1 year back to now be coaching them?

Not so much coaching them.....right now, but involved. Assistant maybe. They reckon Cam Smith virtually runs the training drills at Melbourne and all Bellamy does is hit the play button on the DVD for the vid sessions.

Ex-players >>> to coaches

Toovey.....Hasler......Bellamy....Stuart.....

varying degrees of success.

Not so much coaching them.....right now, but involved. Assistant maybe. They reckon Cam Smith virtually runs the training drills at Melbourne and all Bellamy does is hit the play button on the DVD for the vid sessions.

Ex-players >>> to coaches

Toovey.....Hasler......Bellamy....Stuart.....

varying degrees of success.

Those players all had a fair gap between ending their careers at a club and then coaching that club though. Too short a distance I reckon would be bad (See: Nathan Brown).

WIth that said, I wouldn't mind if Lockyer started easing himself to someday be a coach. For mine U20's is what works. He can get in and teach our juniors whilst they are in the prime of their development, has no connection with any of them, would get their respect and possibly even be a drawcard to other young players we recruit as teens.

I'd like to see Locky forget about TV (he's a bit Wally Lewis like .....not a natural) and concentrate on his coaching aspirations to see if he has anything to offer as a coach/assistant.

Is he currently involved with the team training at all......?

He doesn't want to coach.

He said.

"Coaching was one of those options, but as I got towards the end I felt that a part of the reason why I wanted to finish playing was to get out of the pressure cooker environment.

"Going into coaching you won't escape that. And I think for me, it's important to get out of the environment where expectation to perform at a high level is constant."

"I will be acting as a corporate ambassador for the Broncos and I'll still be around the club, as I have a lot of friends there who still play there," he said.

"But I won't have any direct involvement with the football team, that is something I need to do."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ur-nations-final/story-fn2mcuj6-1226193809905

:sad:

Yes we got dudded, but previous years we would have gritted our teeth & fought to the death, instead of going into our shells & waving the white flag.

In previous years we had a guy called Darren Lockyer playing for us.

And in previous years we had players actually turning up to play.

The real difference between the 06 side and this side. The 06 team played football. Well, one half wasn't great, bit that was planned...

And in previous years we had players actually turning up to play.
That's BS. In the last three games, we may not have played well enough (although I thought we were the best team in the Storm game), but saying that they didn't turn up is an insult. Manly would've put 40 or 50 on us easy just in the first half, if the players hadn't turned up!

We did turn up, the only times we didn't were against Parra and to a lesser extent Canberra, and we dropped off heaps against Canterbury at the end, but in recent games, the Melbourne game, they put in so much effort.

People seem to be forgetting that in 2006 pretty much every other team just fell apart in the back end of the season along with Lockyer/hodges/berrigan firing on all cylinders.

Personally I think blaming the origin series for losing matches 10 weeks later is an absolute cop out. It has no effect on you at that stage.

Seems like every thread turns into an 06 thread, heh.

Yep, plenty of luck involved in 06, also plenty of great performances and coaching decisions that made the most of it.

Origin isn't the main cause but it started a domino effect and when we recovered from it we were playing three of the best sides in the competition consecutively.

Not the main reason but certainly A reason.

I think they"re affected by POOFS...........

Post Origin Ongoing Fatigue Syndrome :D

Langer has lost his position. Does this mean Broncos are looking into getting an assistant attacking coach? I sure hope so. If they do we could become premiership contenders once again.

I still can't believe this thread was started.

Have a cry :) A professional at a high profile sporting organisation had his position questioned.

/End of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hurrijo
  • Organix
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.