Sack Seibold Now!

A little off topic but something that has always bugged me is the argument last year when we looked poor saying that Seibold has inherited this team and inherited Bennetts mess ane not to judge him yet. But didn't he inherit michael maguires team at souths when he took over? A team which had a recently won a premiership and had some serious talent.

Way too much hype was put on his only season as a head coach in my opinion. its similar to if Bellamy was to hand over to his assistant who walks into a bloody good side and takes them to a prelim final and we go "oh wow this guy can coach". Rather then "well this guy has been handed a well oiled machine who know what they're doing".
Couldn't agree more.
I remember when rookie coach Ricky Stuart took over at Sydney Roosters and won a premiership in his first season. Everyone cried "He's the Messiah..."
He took over a team that Graham Murray had built.
If he had failed in his first season the same excuse would have been rolled out....
"But it's not HIS team"
But if he is successful (which he was) he's the next big thing.
I get that he might have added the finishing touches but he inherited that team, he didn't build it..
Over the following few seasons The Roosters fell into the abyss and didn't even make the finals and before you know it "The Messiah" was gone as he apparently couldn't coach...

Fast forward to 2015 and our very own "Messiah" comes back to fix the rot and takes the team he inherited from Hook to the Grand Final - again the cheers "Our Messiah has returned..."
The following seasons as Bennett moulded that team into HIS team we steadily got worse until he also apparently couldn't coach any more and he was given his marching orders....

Maybe Seibs has duped us all, maybe he is a dud. Time will tell.

Stuart's Roosters didn't fall into the abyss. total bullshit.
They won the GF in 2002 (his first year) made GF in 2003 & 2004.
If that's falling into the abyss, I'll take it any day

Stuart's Roosters didn't fall into the abyss. total bullshit.
They won the GF in 2002 (his first year) made GF in 2003 & 2004.
If that's falling into the abyss, I'll take it any day
I was talking more long term over the subsequent period where they "should" have won more titles with their premiership winning roster but were beaten twice by unfancied rivals.
Then they ended up failing to reach the finals for the following 3 seasons and came second last in 2006.
The current Roosters team has shown how to keep it going with two premierships on the trot and in contention for a third. Their coach has had time to build a team which has slowly gotten better over the years with smart recruitment as well as knowing when to let "veterans" go.

Seibold has failed so far and deserves to go, but he's not the only reason for our issues. We have a shit load of our cap tied up in blokes who are worse than passengers: Milf, Bird (injured to be fair, but that's been his default state with us), Oates, Joffa, Kahu, previously Macca, Boyd. The roster he inherited was a poisoned chalice and I doubt any good coach would have been thrilled with the balance of it when we were on the hunt for Bennett's replacement.

EDIT: What I'm saying is that we need a broom to go through the head office. We have too many idiots making the calls of recruitment and retention.

Last edited:
A little off topic but something that has always bugged me is the argument last year when we looked poor saying that Seibold has inherited this team and inherited Bennetts mess ane not to judge him yet. But didn't he inherit michael maguires team at souths when he took over? A team which had a recently won a premiership and had some serious talent.

He did take a team that had finished 12th for 2 years prior and made them near minor premiers in his defense.

Seibold has failed so far and deserves to go, but he's not the only reason for our issues. We have a shit load of our cap tied up in blokes who are worse than passengers: Milf, Bird (injured to be fair, but that's been his default state with us), Oates, Joffa, Kahu, previously Macca, Boyd. The roster he inherited was a poisoned chalice and I doubt any good coach would have been thrilled with the balance of it when we were on the hunt for Bennett's replacement.

EDIT: What I'm saying is that we need a broom to go through the head office. We have too many idiots making the calls of recruitment and retention.
Of the players you've mentioned, Oates and Ofa were re-signed during Siebold's tenure. I'd agree that changes should probably extend higher up than the coach. From previous media reports it would appear other people within the recruitment and retention team are more responsible for both the value and the duration of our player contracts.

Bellamy will be available in 2022. I'm happy with Siebs till then.
[automerge]1592552647[/automerge]

Last edited:
Apart from the obvious lack of structure, can't defend cant attack there are other things that worry me about Seibold.

Firstly individual player regression. When people talk about good coaches they discuss coaches who some how make ordinary players better. If you look at our side i would argue 90% of our roster have gone backwards individually under him or have halted in development. Despite the poor team performance generally there are shining lights individually (fifita and possibly staggs are good examples). But i would argue that even Hass seems to look flat.

My second concern which I've noted previously is he just doesn't seem to be able to get the boys "up" for games. Returning our kick off they had a player make easy meters to the 20 and was met with one defender. It was such a bad look and had us on the back foot from the start. The eels game should have been a big "revenge" game for us yet we came out flat as a tack. They look to be just going through the motions and content with a 27-6 scoreline. Understand the players attitude might be poor but isn't it on the coach to find a way to imorove it?

He got the full support of the board this afternoon so it can’t be too far off.
Ahhh, really. Damn. Is there some video that I am missing?
I want to have a laugh at whatever rubbish they're trying to sell to us now

Ahhh, really. Damn. Is there some video that I am missing?
I want to have a laugh at whatever rubbish they're trying to sell to us now

Just Karl Morris comments in the other thread. We all know it's bullshit. If it gets to the point where a board member has to come out and ratify the coach, you know he's got a crosshairs trained on him.

I believe the statement that Seibold is safe. Apart from the fact that there’s no good alternatives on the market, the board’s egos would be severely bruised by admitting their own wrong doing.

It’s more about the board and the CEO for me. I’m disappointed in Siebold’s lack of control of the playing group, of course, but I’m absolutely sure the rot was here long before he arrived.
As far as footy is concerned we’ve accomplished nothing since white has been here, apart from one year and we didn’t get the chocolates anyway.

I have supported seibold and given him the benefit of the doubt until last night's lacklustre performance against the knights sealed his fate.

The way he has kept playing Oates and Boyd when we had Coates training well by all reports, and his form the past two games is a joke. He should have been given a shot earlier.

We have no attack, and no heart at all in defence. Our forwards never run into the ball in attack and are always stood flat until after the play the ball gaining us no momentum.

With this, we need a new coach.

Brad Thorn, is only contracted to the Reds until the end of this year. For mine, he is a perfect replacement as he is a Broncos old boy, and it will bring back the support of other old boys to the club.

To support him, if he would, kevvie would be the perfect option. Whether that was as a dual hear coach role, or Brad Thorn as hear coach and kevvie as assistant and attacking coach. If not, Justin Hodges and Corey Parker. One of the best attacking backs, and best attacking forwards we have had.

For all this to occur, Paul White has to go. I'm not sure who should come in, but we need a new CEO that can try and bring back the old boys and the culture back to the club. Get the club greats like Tonie Carole and Shaun Berrigan around.

We need major change and I think this would be a good, cost effective way to achieve it.

I have supported seibold and given him the benefit of the doubt until last night's lacklustre performance against the knights sealed his fate.

The way he has kept playing Oates and Boyd when we had Coates training well by all reports, and his form the past two games is a joke. He should have been given a shot earlier.

We have no attack, and no heart at all in defence. Our forwards never run into the ball in attack and are always stood flat until after the play the ball gaining us no momentum.

With this, we need a new coach.

Brad Thorn, is only contracted to the Reds until the end of this year. For mine, he is a perfect replacement as he is a Broncos old boy, and it will bring back the support of other old boys to the club.

To support him, if he would, kevvie would be the perfect option. Whether that was as a dual hear coach role, or Brad Thorn as hear coach and kevvie as assistant and attacking coach. If not, Justin Hodges and Corey Parker. One of the best attacking backs, and best attacking forwards we have had.

For all this to occur, Paul White has to go. I'm not sure who should come in, but we need a new CEO that can try and bring back the old boys and the culture back to the club. Get the club greats like Tonie Carole and Shaun Berrigan around.

We need major change and I think this would be a good, cost effective way to achieve it.

Old boys, no thanks. They are self interested mouth frothers with axes to grind, full of personal agendas who betray the club to who they owe everything. **** 'em

As for Seibold, it's his 2nd season with an injury riddled COVID affected season, so for mine he has this year to show his wares. The same thing happened with Brad Arthur when he started, and the Roosters finished 15th in 2016 under Trent Robinson after Pearce's dog act and injuries to key players.

I am as harsh a critic of Seibold as most here but sacking him at this point is premature.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Hurrijo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rookie Alan
  • Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Bish
  • Painin the Haas
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.