Scott Prince Is Back - OFFICIAL!

Re: Scott Prince

if prince was organising things better at 7 wouldnt that mean norman can be a better #6 ?

Hull were saying their deal was beaten by a significantly higher offer from an Australian club.

Wonder how much he'll be on if he comes here ??

An element of that would be to save face, hes getting big pay out from titans and wouldn't have to move to the other side of the world. I doubt its a big money deal.

Brent Read ‏@brentread_7
@nrltoday @scottprince7 Sounds like Broncos won't need to put in much. Titans pay-out is sizable

Prince will be a cheap buy because the Titans have to desperately off load him to avoid getting hammered for being over the cap.
2 years is fine with me, if it doesn't work out we can easily pay him out his final year anyway.

Personally I reckon we know by the end of today whether princey is heading up the M1

If by close of business today Gee hasn't released his usual "we have three future immortals here and no cap space despite the retirement and release of many players, do we have no interest" statement, then prepare to see princey in the maroon and gold next year (and the canary yellow)

that's also his email signature and voicemail message ... ;-)

So the titans would be on a hiding to nothing even if they do get rid of prince. The payout will still come under the cap and leave them nothing to sign a make up half.

It's also his Twitter profile bio :P

I can only see this working with Wallace moving to 6. But I'm really really unsure this is going to be good for us, long term. I can only imagine the Broncos are banking on Norman or Hunt to develop over the next 2 years, but I think it'll backfire.

To be honest I don't think Norman has a future in the halves. I could see him developing into a decent centre, which wouldn't be bad for his future to replace Hodges. Could even replace Reed if Jack becomes more of a back rower in the next couple of years.

I think Prince signing will certainly mean Hunt goes.

so the titans are now going to be out of pocket for a key player they no longer have, all in the name of signing dave taylor.

no wonder they have no fans left.

If true does Wallace move to 6 or moved on?

As much as don't rate Wallace, I wouldn't like to see him moved on just yet.

Would like to see how a Prince / Norman combination would work. Prince is creative and gives good service. He could give Norman the extra room he needs.

That leaves ole Pete to come off the bench to fill in for McCullough.

That scenario unfortunately leaves Ben Hunt on the outer.......so ultimately having Prince would mean almost certainly losing Hunt, which I wasn't keen on from the start.

I guess if Wallace plays 6 and prince plays 7 .......Hunt stays where he is on the interchange and Norman is left out. Does he get the chance to fight it out with Hoffman for the fullback spot or does Jack Reed have to start looking over his shoulder at Norman coming into centre?

Curious little scenario about to play out IF the rumours are true about Prince.

As much as I want Ben Hunt to stay at out club, I can't help but feel that perhaps in his mind the decision to leave to further his opportunities in the NRL has been made.

with that in mind, I'd like to start the year with

1. Hoffman
6. Norman
7. Prince
9. McCullough

14. Wallace

I think it could see Norman shift to FB permanently for a couple of seasons in a lockyer-style development route. His development would only go backwards if he was to go back to Qld Cup.

no doubt its been said by all and sundry in this thread today but Scott Prince would be a really positive pickup for the Broncos ... if he stays fit & plays 20+ games for brisbane next season, the team will be far more potent than what we saw for most of this year.

But fitness is the key for Prince imo .. when he's fully fit and confident he can take the line on himself and or create for the players either side of him ... When he's on song with his short kicking game, it can also give an opposition team fits ..

no doubt its been said by all and sundry in this thread today but Scott Prince would be a really positive pickup for the Broncos ... if he stays fit & plays 20+ games for brisbane next season, the team will be far more potent than what we saw for most of this year.

But fitness is the key for Prince imo .. when he's fully fit and confident he can take the line on himself and or create for the players either side of him ... When he's on song with his short kicking game, it can also give an opposition team fits ..

All true. But as he's getting older when he's carrying injuries his form deteriorates horribly. Look at 2011. He was abysmal.
And the big concern there is that Wallace has shown also that when he's carrying injuries his form disappears completely. If both Wallace and Prince pick up injuries we'll be as impotent as we were in the second half of this season.

All true. But as he's getting older when he's carrying injuries his form deteriorates horribly. Look at 2011. He was abysmal.
And the big concern there is that Wallace has shown also that when he's carrying injuries his form disappears completely. If both Wallace and Prince pick up injuries we'll be as impotent as we were in the second half of this season.
and if wallace picked up an injury and we didn't pick prince up we would be in the same position. Having Prince on the roster is better than not having him, we don't lose anything out of it.

absolutely .. fitness is the key with Prince .. when he's less than 100% he really almost plays 'fragile' and seems to want very little to do with running the ball and taking the line on himself ... and at 32 there's every chance he'll be banged up at some point during his remaining seasons .. but given the circumstances with his contract and the fact he's obviously going pretty cheap, Brisbane would be nuts not to throw him into their mix.

Last edited:
The signing reeks of desperation. If we could just manage to sign the good young halves coming through in QLD I would be happy.

Exactly why would the titans have to pay out Prince, if as reported Prince asked for a release from the last year of his contract?

Anyway, I love the idea of Princey coming to the Broncos...he would give us the class, creativity and attacking prowess that was so badly missing last year. Not to mention the confidence he would give the team in those clutch plays, that only an experienced half can offer. And as has already mentioned he will offer some much needed guidance to the young talented halves we already have. I guess the concern of losing players like hunt or Norman, doesn't bother me, if they are not willing to bide their time and pay their dues to earn a first grade broncos spot then we don't want them here anyway? Just my opinion.

Norman at fb, Wallace to 6 and Prince at half. Macca to start playing 80 more often with Hunt on the bench. Hunt comes on to give macca a breather at 60 if required or play the last 15 for prince to manage his age/injuries. Hunt gets his final years appy under prince. Could learn a lot.

Active Now

• Dash
  • IceWorks
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Rookie Alan
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.