Seibold - 5 games in

Convenient. Selecting which time periods you want to use.
Less convenient than counting premierships won with teams which would never fit the salary cap.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/so...ld-will-make-any-changes-until-round-8-134615

Sorry Broncos Fans, Doesn't Seem Like Anthony Seibold Will Make Any Changes Until Round 8

ON TRIPLE M FOOTY

2 hours ago
TWFpbkltYWdl

AAP
It's been a horror start to the 2019 campaign for the Brisbane Broncos who sit near the bottom of the ladder registering just one win from five games.
Plenty have called for change, especially to the spine, but according to Triple M's Ben Dobbin unless a major injury occurs Anthony Seibold will stick with the same side until at least round eight.

"I asked Seibs last week if he was going to make changes," Dobbo told Triple M Saturday NRL.
"He said he was going to reassess after round eight, he reckons eight weeks into the season will give you a fair gage of where you are at."
The Broncos face an away trip on Easter Sunday to face the Canberra Raiders.

5 of which from a different cap free era, and I did mention this millennium...
What era was that? The cap has been in place since the 80's. Didn't Canberra get charged for being in breach of it in 1990?

I respect your opinion. Unlike others, i don't mock or sarcastically put down other peoples opinion if they don't coincide with my own.

At the end of the day, we are all Broncos fans and want the team to do well.

On the dot mate. I don't care who the coach is. At the end of the day, all I want is - Broncos to be successful and win the damm Premiership every year. Bugger off Rotters & Melbourne. we dictate terms and beg for our mercy.

Well, that might sound hypothetical, but I don't give a rats ass.

Last edited:
T some players there that are older and have reached their development peeks. Throw in a couple of serious injurys such as Maccas knee and Boyds total body and you have a spine with few weapons, dull blades and blunt points.

I wouldn't like any of our Broncos players to be injured in any game. However, if they are liability for our progress or absolutely DO NOT contribute in our favor, then deadest I do not want them in my team. We must throw in someone in at 1 & 9 and see how they go. Most importantly, we MUST be proactive in making changes to our 1-17. No individuals position MUST be guaranteed. Absolutely not.

Matter of fact when every other team's are trying out with 18 or 19 year old's at spine OR making changes to their "SPINE", why can't we? Why don't we EVER try those promising half's?

I wouldn't like any of our Broncos players to be injured in any game. However, if they are liability for our progress or absolutely DO NOT contribute in our favor, then deadest I do not want them in my team. We must throw in someone in at 1 & 9 and see how they go. Most importantly, we MUST be proactive in making changes to our 1-17. No individuals position MUST be guaranteed. Absolutely not.

Matter of fact when every other team's are trying out with 18 or 19 year old's at spine OR making changes to their "SPINE", why can't we? Why don't we EVER try those promising half's?

There are multiple posts showing that these 'promising halves' just aren't performing at ISC level.

There are multiple posts showing that these 'promising halves' just aren't performing at ISC level.

So, you reckon our recruitment team fucked us up & sucks BIG TIME? If so, I am terribly disappointed that Locky is 1 among them and calling the shots.

Last edited:

Based on people’s opinions. Not saying they aren’t valid as opinions, but you won’t know a player is truly ready until they play first grade. Now I’m not suggesting you throw players in for the sake of it, but at the same time they could be that type of player that steps up against the big boys.

Also I’m going to pitch a thought and say halves are the hardest position in which to state your case for promotion.

Based on people’s opinions. Not saying they aren’t valid as opinions, but you won’t know a player is truly ready until they play first grade. Now I’m not suggesting you throw players in for the sake of it, but at the same time they could be that type of player that steps up against the big boys.

Also I’m going to pitch a thought and say halves are the hardest position in which to state your case for promotion.

Not opinion posts.

Statistical posts.

Some blokes just play better on the big stage. If they have the confidence and belief in themselves that they belong in 1st grade then they may lack the commitment necessary to perform in a lower grade.

Andrew Fafita is probably a good example of this. He clearly had the talent to dominate in Qcup but he didn't. He was given his debut in first grade and has never looked back.

We shouldn't be so scared to give some of these young blokes and opportunity. Sink or swim. If they sink, then atleast they will have a better understanding of what is required to cut it at the highest level.

What era was that? The cap has been in place since the 80's. Didn't Canberra get charged for being in breach of it in 1990?
There was a symbolic NSWRL salary cap from 1990, ranging from $800K to $1.5M, depending on club circumstances, and it was not audited.
The SL war blew it apart and they started working on a new one ($3.25M), which was put in place in 1998, however this acknowledged notional values for player contracts signed for Super League clubs.

Auditing and breaches only started to be dealt from 2001 and beyond.

Some blokes just play better on the big stage. If they have the confidence and belief in themselves that they belong in 1st grade then they may lack the commitment necessary to perform in a lower grade.

Andrew Fafita is probably a good example of this. He clearly had the talent to dominate in Qcup but he didn't. He was given his debut in first grade and has never looked back.

We shouldn't be so scared to give some of these young blokes and opportunity. Sink or swim. If they sink, then atleast they will have a better understanding of what is required to cut it at the highest level.

David Fifita*

There was a symbolic NSWRL salary cap from 1990, ranging from $800K to $1.5M, depending on club circumstances, and it was not audited.
The SL war blew it apart and they started working on a new one ($3.25M), which was put in place in 1998, however this acknowledged notional values for player contracts signed for Super League clubs.

Auditing and breaches only started to be dealt from 2001 and beyond.

How did Canberra get done if it's not audited? Self reported?

so they are desperate to get to the NRL and their response is to "show a lack of commitment" to perform in the ISC ...

that is the exact opposite of the type of player and person we need in this team ...

the type of player we need is one desperate to pull on the Brisbane Broncos jersey and will work his ass off, doing what it takes to get that opportunity.

How did Canberra get done if it's not audited? Self reported?
I don't know how they "got done", but rumours are it was a whistle-blower. They were only fined at the time for the amount they were over their cap, as there was no breach system in place.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Bish
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • Redux
  • Battler
  • RodF
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • broncsgoat
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • jd87
  • Strop
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.