Seibold General Discussion

You are right there is regression, but i believe its because of players like Boyd stinking it up, relative to his paycheck, position and captaincy.

Seibs is hamstrung with politics and balance this season. His real opportunity comes before next season to move Boyd and Macca on.

We also have 1.1mill tied up in Boyd and Macca, who aren't benefiting the team in any way.
Not arguing that but it's the teams performances, not just 2 players. Macca hasn't been as bad as some people have made out. And if they are going that bad , why have both in our spine?

Not arguing that but it's the teams performances, not just 2 players. Macca hasn't been as bad as some people have made out. And if they are going that bad , why have both in our spine?
Macca is a terrific bloke and tireless defender, but he sucks the life out of the attack. It will be hard for Seibold to sack him on any other basis than he wants to go a different direction. A bit like when the club broke their contract and sacked the greatest coach in NRL history and handed the job to him.

Last edited:
Tends to happen when you keep getting injuries in key positions.
Yeah, i get that to an extent, but these guys are first grade players. Whether they are halves or not, you would think they would have picked up how to follow a game plan, even in the juniors.

Shit boyd has played 300+ games of first grade, how can he not implement a plan/structure

Yeah, i get that to an extent, but these guys are first grade players. Whether they are halves or not, you would think they would have picked up how to follow a game plan, even in the juniors.

Shit boyd has played 300+ games of first grade, how can he not implement a plan/structure
He is mentally ill. Literally.

Last edited:
I’m not against positivity, but I’m not a big fan of grasping at straws either. That’s great we didn’t concede any line breaks but we were playing a feeble cowboys team who couldn’t hold onto the footy, and only won due to some dubious decisioning (for once we were on the right side).
Fill yer boots matey!

Is that the same side with macca and boyd in it ?
Were boyd and macca playing in 1988?!no wonder they are getting slow!

Ps. Prior to replying check see what the original response was responding to (Bennett not making the finals for his first 2 years was already brought up in the discussion but disregarded because.... Well.. It doesn't suit the agenda)
[automerge]1565398127[/automerge]
What relevance does that have in this thread
Comparisons aren't allowed to be made when they don't suit the agenda?

Last edited:

Ps. Prior to replying check see what the original response was responding to (Bennett not making the finals for his first 2 years was already brought up in the discussion but disregarded because.... Well.. It doesn't suit the agenda)

What are you talking about?

Please can someone enlighten us what Ben Cross does?

You are right there is regression, but i believe its because of players like Boyd stinking it up, relative to his paycheck, position and captaincy.

Seibs is hamstrung with politics and balance this season. His real opportunity comes before next season to move Boyd and Macca on.

We also have 1.1mill tied up in Boyd and Macca, who aren't benefiting the team in any way.

Out of all the issues we have that is our biggest one.

I'm sorry where'd you mention 1988 in that post ? Same can be said about seibolds rabbits last year, but comparing 1988 to now is just a way to suit your agenda.
Now if you disregard the fact I haven't compared the 2 coaches at all , maybe you should go back and read it slow.
[automerge]1565403918[/automerge]
Absolutely, but unfortunately for us, those top quality guns are all 19. The talent across our senior and even mid-career players is severely lacking. How Siebold corrects that will be what makes or breaks him as an NRL coach.
He's corrected so far with punting experience and bringing in kenner and Kennedy. Two positions that aren't lacking, seggy was a must but hasn't been outstanding. I'm not saying it's a disaster atm but this off season is going to define what sort of coach we have.

Last edited:
I'm sorry where'd you mention 1988 in that post ? Same can be said about seibolds rabbits last year, but comparing 1988 to now is just a way to suit your agenda.
Now if you disregard the fact I haven't compared the 2 coaches at all , maybe you should go back and read it slow.
[automerge]1565403918[/automerge]

He's corrected so far with punting experience and bringing in kenner and Kennedy. Two positions that aren't lacking, seggy was a must but hasn't been outstanding. I'm not saying it's a disaster atm but this off season is going to define what sort of coach we have.

Don’t forget Fensom

I know, macca has improved on his game i agree also.

It still is the problem that macca is not as good as turpin/segs combined and its knock on effect stifle the team, its the same with Boyd also. The injury list and lack of FB option has meant that macca has a free shot at 9 currently. If there were no injuries and fullback was sorted - Macca performance wise doesn't make the team IMO.

I will say this, I have watched this game for close to 30 years....not once....ONCE...have I ever seen a club make a decision to move their captain so they can HIDE him in a actual NRL game...

This is the reason he has been a complete joke. If it's higher up forcing this to happen, than the Broncos are more seriously rooted than we think.

What a gigantic load of bullshit.
It's not how long injuries are, but how disruptive they are, that counts. We've had nothing but injury and instability issues with the most important area of the team: the spine.
Besides, Cowboys and Manly had important people missing out, but had a very experienced team on the park otherwise. We're missing a capable half after most have dropped like flies, have our most promising hooker playing halfback, a clueless 5/8 who also happens to be our captain, and to top it off, one of the youngest and most inexperienced teams in the comp.

People complaining about lack of cohesion, game plan, clunky attack, etc... either clearly think this is possible with such disruption, or have an ulterior agenda... which one are you?

If Brisbane were missing halves of the calibre of Johnathan Thurston and Daly Cherry-Evans then I would agree. However, with all due respect to Tom Dearden and Sean O'Sullivan, we're not even sure if they're NRL standard players yet.

Seibold may not have been dealt the best hand, but he's got to accept some responsibility for the state of the spine. He made a ballsy call surrounding Nikorima and at this stage, it hasn't paid off. There is still an air of uncertainty surrounding the halves moving forward and Seibold hasn't made any indication of how he plans to fix it.

There's a lot that can be written about this season and the state of the Broncos under Seibold's coaching. However, I don't think he can use injuries as an excuse especially when others have had it worse and performed better. In fairness to Seibold, I haven't seen him use injuries as an excuse and clearly there's bigger issues plaguing the side at the moment.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Dash
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • MrMoore
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • Bish
  • LittleDavey
  • The True King
  • Morepudding
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
  • Manofoneway
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.