Seibold signs with Broncos for 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge FFS man give it a rest. You are a like a dog with a bone in constantly trying to provoke an argument with anyone that gives reasons why its potential untenable.

Its pretty simple. Neither club serves to benefit with the coaches staying on for their final year. Both clubs have players off contract at year end, both clubs are in a position for a premiership window. There would be accusations of either coach preparing for next season with their new club, talks of player talks etc. If they swap now, none of that can happen, no bombshells, no looming media crap, no stupid questions all season, no excluding the coach from discussions for 2020...the list goes on. As a professional sporting and business entity - it is purely untenable. No matter how professional any party stays, the operation of business becomes restricted.

If you feel that WB is a better coach than Seibold, than that's ok, i am sure many people do. The decision has been made that's the bottom line. As professional as players are, they do need some stability around coaching styles and the sooner either coach swaps, the sooner each time adjusts. The sooner team adjusts, the sooner they can win the comp.
I object to your opening salvo as no one has given any substantial reasons why it's 'untenable'. I have no wish to argue rather I would like to be informed about the reasons as for the life of me I cannot see a problem. Perhaps the annoying media might be a pest but ****, what's different about that when it comes to the Broncos?

Absolutely spot on.

There is no reason the swap must happen now. It would be a total disgrace if we let Wayne go prematurely.

Like you said, 2019 has to be about us winning the premiership and thanking Wayne for making us who we are and honoring him. We are what we are because of Wayne. 6 premierships and a successful history. Let's give him a proper and well deserved send off and also look forward to the future. Do the Broncos stand for anything? Seibold can come in 2020 but for 2019, we can definitely have Wayne at the helm.
I wanted to simply like this post but that's not praise enough. I think having WB here would unite the team as never before as most would recognize this as a great moment in rugby league history. This 2019 team would mark the end of an era and I believe they'd rise to the occasion. It will sadden me to see an acrimonious end to rugby leagues greatest partnership.

I wanted to simply like this post but that's not praise enough. I think having WB here would unite the team as never before as most would recognize this as a great moment in rugby league history. This 2019 team would mark the end of an era and I believe they'd rise to the occasion. It will sadden me to see an acrimonious end to rugby leagues greatest partnership.
Agreed.

For the life of me I can't understand why Wayne gets so much hate on here. Yes I get it, we haven't won a premiership in 12 years and all of us are chomping at the bit to finally win it again, but is this entirely Wayne's fault? Do you guys remember the Henjak and Griffin era? Those were very dark times. Are we as bad as we were then? Ofcourse not. Put it in perspective.

Wayne got us to a GF in 2015 and we all know what happened there. It was ours but we let it slip. It's taken years for us to overcome that but I feel we have. Losing to the Dragons like we did was disgraceful. No one was more angry and disappointed than me. We just weren't up for it, that's when i thought yep, it's time for a change.

Change is happening. Seibold is coming. It's a done deal but I do believe the players will switch on for 2019 being it Wayne's final season at the club. We should give Wayne and the players the opportunity to go all the way in 2019 as well as giving Wayne a very well deserved earned and deserved farewell.

Huge I dont know why anyone would waste their time trying to argue with you.

Huge I dont know why anyone would waste their time trying to argue with you.
Why argue at all? Why not provide evidence, reason and logic and allow that on it's merit to change my perspective or view? I'd ask you, why would anyone debate a topic?

Agreed.

For the life of me I can't understand why Wayne gets so much hate on here. Yes I get it, we haven't won a premiership in 12 years and all of us are chomping at the bit to finally win it again, but is this entirely Wayne's fault? Do you guys remember the Henjak and Griffin era? Those were very dark times. Are we as bad as we were then? Ofcourse not. Put it in perspective.

Wayne got us to a GF in 2015 and we all know what happened there. It was ours but we let it slip. It's taken years for us to overcome that but I feel we have. Losing to the Dragons like we did was disgraceful. No one was more angry and disappointed than me. We just weren't up for it, that's when i thought yep, it's time for a change.

Change is happening. Seibold is coming. It's a done deal but I do believe the players will switch on for 2019 being it Wayne's final season at the club. We should give Wayne and the players the opportunity to go all the way in 2019 as well as giving Wayne a very well deserved earned and deserved farewell.
If I look at some of the games we played at the beginning of last year and again at the end I'd say we were playing as shit as the Henjak days and sometimes worse than the Griffin days.

Why argue at all? Why not provide evidence, reason and logic and allow that on it's merit to change my perspective or view? I'd ask you, why would anyone debate a topic?

Huge i just did before....you ignored it.

You know, the internet does not care how eloquent or articulated you might be. Maybe you are one to enjoy drama in your life but its the internet and a forum so just chill. No one is running for president here.

Who did he 'talk into leaving last time'? Furthermore, what evidence do you have he did any such thing? Even more though, how could he talk players into leaving if they are contracted? Also, while you're coming up with reasons and evidence you might contemplate that Siebold is in the same position although I think your claim is a pile of unsubstantiated bullshit.

He informed other clubs which players where going to be on unders with us due to the cap then told all of them to take the money elsewhere. Left us in no better shape then he did Drangons or Newcastle, sack him now before he gets a 2nd chance.

Attachments

• 4A42DEC5-9268-40C5-AC56-D8E6E2592C42.jpeg
    4A42DEC5-9268-40C5-AC56-D8E6E2592C42.jpeg
    169.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Yeah some people only seem to remember the games where we destroy the opposition. Yet they forget our many other games where we a average at best and often losing to teams that we should have beaten.

Evidence: 2018. If you think the media will suddenly start praising bennett and give him a fairytale send off from the broncos you are taking some strong drugs mate. The media hate bennett and they can smell blood. I also think he deserves a great send off and that he truly loves the club and wouldnt tear it apart BUT we have lost to the media. They have got their man and there is no point being stubborn about it, tear the band-aid off quick. There was a chance for the players to “play for bennett” and they blew it big time-its obvious the media pressure outweighed the “play for bennett” motto, and yes the biggest club jn the nrl is always under pressure but its not the same type of innuendo and instability pressure we had last year and we will have 10X more of if bennett stays...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee
Am I the only one that thinks blaming Bennet for this current mess is like blaming people made redundant for low workplace moral.
White and Morris have the right to do what they have done but now its done, they best start making up for the chaos it's sowed.
Bennet is gone. That much is obvious. Now, that it is done they need to do as much as they can to give the new coach a chance to succeed.
Sweep through the staff with a broom if need be, but make sure the players are in for the ride, and be prepared to spend.
I've gotten sick of listening to people whinge that a grand final appearance and 3 seasons of finals football isn't good enough, yet talk about patience with the new coach!
I agree whole heartedly with the sentiment but for the life of me can not see it being shared if we don't make the finals next year. We have forgotten how good we have consistently been under Bennet and to think that will be allowed to be let go for rebuilding by broncos fans is sheer fantasy.
We expect finals every year. No excuse is accepted. Young players are inconsistent but this was true under henjak and Griffen, .. ..and Wayne.
Think of the coaches talked about as coaching prospects before the appointment. How many built a team that considtently made the finals: only Bellamy. How many of them kept working after missing those finals: none. That's why Bennet has been around so long and what we are losing.
Siebold needs to be that man. He probably has a season's grace and that's it.

He informed other clubs which players where going to be on unders with us due to the cap then told all of them to take the money elsewhere. Left us in no better shape then he did Drangons or Newcastle, sack him now before he gets a 2nd chance.
Bloody hell, I didnt realise he did that! Thats A LOT worse then giving a bit of friendly advice to our players and them “coincidentally” leaving when he does.

Huge i just did before....you ignored it.

You know, the internet does not care how eloquent or articulated you might be. Maybe you are one to enjoy drama in your life but its the internet and a forum so just chill. No one is running for president here.
I'm surprised you would think I believe the internet to capable of forming an opinion. To enlighten you I know it's simply a method to convey information. It seems as though you are only comfortable with a very base level of skill. I am perfectly chilled thankyou and don't give a flying **** about random condemnation. I didn't ignore anything rather I distilled the offering into a single objection, the rest was smoke and mirrors, an attempt to lend credibility to a piss poor objection. It does seem as though there are others who agree with me about the arrangement and are you so dismissive of them?

I'm unable to read anything other than the headline. Could you paste the full article for perusal.

By Josh Massoud | May 15, 2009 12:00am

IT WAS a common slice of friendly advice that is now set to bite Wayne Bennett four times over at Kogarah tonight.
When former Brisbane stars Ben Hannant, Michael Ennis, David Stagg and Greg Eastwood all pondered a switch to the Bulldogs over the past year, they each turned to coach Bennett for guidance. And the six-time premiership winner duly pointed his finger straight towards Belmore.

Until now, Bennett's only known role in their switch has been as a character reference for Bulldogs recruitment guru Peter Mulholland. But on the day Bennett leads new club St George Illawarra into battle against his former Broncos, The Daily Telegraph can reveal he recommended the Bulldogs as the best fit for each individual player.

And what makes Bennett's advice even more incredible is the fact Hannant and Ennis were being courted by the Dragons at the time.

"He would've loved to have us down there at St George, but as a friend he was able to take his coach's hat off and talk honestly," Hannant said. "He told me both clubs had great cultures, but the Bulldogs salary cap position was probably a bit better at the time.

"As a mate, he said the best thing for me was to join the Bulldogs. I know Wayne has a big opinion of the Bulldogs."

Hannant was the first Bronco to sign, with Ennis following suit soon after.

The talented hooker also revealed he spoke to Bennett while trying to make up his mind.

"Me and Wayne have a very strong friendship, but when we talk it's often more about life than footy," Ennis said.

"For me it was more about the lifestyle between Brisbane and Sydney. I think he might have said the Bulldogs were a good club, but I made up my mind on the fact it's always been a good club since I was a kid."

Stagg, who joined last December after Reni Maitua's sacking, said he had phoned Bennett specifically to talk about the Bulldogs. "I'd already had a look and liked what I saw, but I did want to speak to Wayne," Stagg said.

Frustrated earlier this year after being rejected for a UK work visa to join Huddersfield, Eastwood was torn between salvaging his career with either the Bulldogs or Warriors.

"Wayne got hold of me on the phone while I was waiting up on the Gold Coast and pointed me towards the Bulldogs," Eastwood said.

Bennett did not return calls last night. In an interview sent to Dragons members yesterday, he said of the Bulldogs quartet: "They will bring a competitiveness that will keep them in the game the entire 80 minutes. With the positions that they have, they show leadership out on the field and experience that you can't coach but you just get."

Source: Daily Telegraph via The Kennel

So if anything, Dragons fans should be annoyed.

Bennett touched on this situation in his book and maintained the players were on the outer and he just provided them with advice.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks blaming Bennet for this current mess is like blaming people made redundant for low workplace moral.
White and Morris have the right to do what they have done but now its done, they best start making up for the chaos it's sowed.
Bennet is gone. That much is obvious. Now, that it is done they need to do as much as they can to give the new coach a chance to succeed.
Sweep through the staff with a broom if need be, but make sure the players are in for the ride, and be prepared to spend.
I've gotten sick of listening to people whinge that a grand final appearance and 3 seasons of finals football isn't good enough, yet talk about patience with the new coach!
I agree whole heartedly with the sentiment but for the life of me can not see it being shared if we don't make the finals next year. We have forgotten how good we have consistently been under Bennet and to think that will be allowed to be let go for rebuilding by broncos fans is sheer fantasy.
We expect finals every year. No excuse is accepted. Young players are inconsistent but this was true under henjak and Griffen, .. ..and Wayne.
Think of the coaches talked about as coaching prospects before the appointment. How many built a team that considtently made the finals: only Bellamy. How many of them kept working after missing those finals: none. That's why Bennet has been around so long and what we are losing.
Siebold needs to be that man. He probably has a season's grace and that's it.

Have we been consistently good under Wayne though? 15 and most of 2016 we were pretty good, otherwise it has been very hit and miss. You can point to making the finals, but did we ever look likely? Thrashed by the dragons, thrashed by Melbourne, flat against the cows. Wayne has had a lot of difficulty getting this team up consistently for the last two years, even taking into consideration injuries, there has been a culture problem he hasn’t been able to fix. Despite making the finals every year, we haven’t improved since 2015, we have stagnated. I’m a Wayne fan, but it’s been too much of the same stuff the last two years, the teams attitude is not where it should be. I dont blame Wayne entirely at all, but he has a share of blame in how this has turned out. Initially I supported Wayne staying for next year, but I’m leaning more towards just putting the issue to rest.

It will be a shame if Wayne’s last game turns out to be that dragons game, but unfortunately disappointing finals losses are what his team has delivered under his watch.

Bloody hell, I didnt realise he did that! Thats A LOT worse then giving a bit of friendly advice to our players and them “coincidentally” leaving when he does.
Well, I just read the article ( thanks BP ) and I didn't see anything in it where he discusses the Broncos cap position. It appears that all four players were unwanted by Brisbane and received some quite reasonable advice from WB. One player describing it as WB not having his coaches hat on and acting as a friend. Wow, he acted in the best interests of the players, what a ****. Cannot see any evidence that he lured anyone away from the Broncos.

Where is the bit about informing other clubs which players were going to be on 'unders'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • MrMoore
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.