PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

He does look unfit physically. Put on a few KG maybe?
He never really looked super ripped though. He just plays way too lacklustre for my liking.

While I still hate him, after the last origin game, Turncoates is starting to look like a much better winger.

I think it's probably fair to say Cobbo hasn't had the type of trajectory we sort of expected when he broke into first grade. Everyone sort of expected him to grow into a star, and he isn't (at least yet). He's still the best option the Broncos have on that wing but with his talents he could be more.
I think its sort of similar to Flegler and McCullough in the past, where they haven't really grown much since their debuts. Compare it to Walsh, and he seems twice the player he was at the Warriors.
Now Cobbo is still young, only turned 21 a few weeks ago, but its not like wingers need as much time to develop as a spine player. Hopefully he starts living up to star player potential soon.

Given the way Kevvie responded in the presser when asked whether Cobbo was fit, I think he could be getting dropped this week. The way he was beat soo easily down the touch line was pretty terrible.

Cobbo showed his attitude in that pod cast. It was clear then, it's just as clear now. He shouldn't be playing for the club.

Cobbo showed his attitude in that pod cast. It was clear then, it's just as clear now. He shouldn't be playing for the club.
So much fucking this.

What makes it worse is he was giving shit to a coach who is baby sitting him and allowing him to do whatever he wanted

He never really looked super ripped though. He just plays way too lacklustre for my liking.

While I still hate him, after the last origin game, Turncoates is starting to look like a much better winger.
Coates took a while to get to where he is getting towards now. He's been on a different trajectory to Cobbo, but Cobbo is so young and fresh to the NRL that he's got a lot of maturing to do. They are both good.

I think it's probably fair to say Cobbo hasn't had the type of trajectory we sort of expected when he broke into first grade. Everyone sort of expected him to grow into a star, and he isn't (at least yet). He's still the best option the Broncos have on that wing but with his talents he could be more.
I think its sort of similar to Flegler and McCullough in the past, where they haven't really grown much since their debuts. Compare it to Walsh, and he seems twice the player he was at the Warriors.
Now Cobbo is still young, only turned 21 a few weeks ago, but its not like wingers need as much time to develop as a spine player. Hopefully he starts living up to star player potential soon.
I disagreed with almost every point you made

Cobbo was looking great until he got his hip injury and since then has looked broken. People are bagging him out because he couldn’t keep up last round and saying he shouldn’t have played and shows immaturity, selfishness, etc.

I make no secret I don’t agree with this. I think he made a bad decision to play but I think it is his way of trying to show he’s committed, so although not right he put his hand up to play to help his teammates. While he could barely run at times, he still took the hard hit ups and had Walsh not got in his way late in the game, maybe he broke the fans open as he was shrugging tackles left, right and centre late in the game.

I’m sticking by him and applaud his desire to help out his team even though it was probably the wrong decision.

Cobbo was looking great until he got his hip injury and since then has looked broken. People are bagging him out because he couldn’t keep up last round and saying he shouldn’t have played and shows immaturity, selfishness, etc.

I make no secret I don’t agree with this. I think he made a bad decision to play but I think it is his way of trying to show he’s committed, so although not right he put his hand up to play to help his teammates. While he could barely run at times, he still took the hard hit ups and had Walsh not got in his way late in the game, maybe he broke the fans open as he was shrugging tackles left, right and centre late in the game.

I’m sticking by him and applaud his desire to help out his team even though it was probably the wrong decision.

QFT.

Just on that....in all honesty, it shouldn't have been his decision to make.

I don't think there would be too many arguments against saying Selwyn is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He's clearly not.

We have a great deal more qualified people on the Brisbane payroll who should have made that call for Selwyn.

I'm just laughing at all the conspiracy theories people can drum up from a dubious source.
Images 26

Just on that....in all honesty, it shouldn't have been his decision to make.

I don't think there would be too many arguments against saying Selwyn is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He's clearly not.

We have a great deal more qualified people on the Brisbane payroll who should have made that call for Selwyn.
It can depend on whether the injury is purely a pain tolerance issue though.

If the player says they can play through it, then Kevvie is trusting that he can.

Active Now

• Robboi_321
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Big Del
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.