PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

Has nothing to do with losing or giving up on chasing someone again. It was information from well before this weeks game.

Don’t believe me, that’s fine.

Actually, just because my character has been called out a few times in here..

What reason does anyone have to believe that I’m making this shit up? I’ve had plenty of opinions on this website but only ever presented them as opinions. The few times I’ve had news I’ve had a few of you in my DM’s asking about it, even Smokin’ Joe at times who everyone just believes even though very few people are still at the club from those years he was getting things right in. So I’m curious about why I would lie? I’m not wanting any attention or claiming I’m in with the club at all. I’m just giving you info I get from people in the know.

If you don’t believe me then **** off to another thread. You don’t deserve the info.

Personally I find it funny how we lose a game and people start whaling on several players, it's like it's the loss they needed so they can further their agenda.
What is my agenda?

You made the thread.
Expressing my disappointment in someone I want to see succeed but can’t see it happening because he’s lazy. It’s not an agenda to point things out. I’ve said numerous times my agenda is for him to succeed and pull his head in.

Me making the thread doesn’t prove an agenda. And feel free to argue literally anything I’ve said instead of coming in with pot shots.

I want the Broncos and all Broncos players to succeed and be their very best. That is my only agenda. I have heard from numerous sources that the club are worried about Cobbo, and there’s plenty for everyone to see to back up exactly why they’re worried.

If anything, that information does not suit your agenda. Once again, why would I lie?

@Cult

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

What your saying might be entirely true, but it's still you claiming a 3rd party giving you this info rather than you yourself, so it's not even your lie if it was the case.

Expressing my disappointment in someone I want to see succeed but can’t see it happening because he’s lazy. It’s not an agenda to point things out. I’ve said numerous times my agenda is for him to succeed and pull his head in.

Me making the thread doesn’t prove an agenda. And feel free to argue literally anything I’ve said instead of coming in with pot shots.
My assumption is that the mistrust of your sources statements or your claims that you just really want him to succeed, are set from a response to your pretty hateful initial posts in this thread. Once you made those initial few comments, it's understandable that people would think everything after is just part of that hateful "agenda" lol.

Personally, I could probably accept that he's not the best trainer and has things he can improve. But I am also not blind to the value he also brings to the team (which includes taking the tough carries out of our half every week).

This bloke sucks. He’s fat, dumb and lazy. He will be up there with the Dave Taylor’s, TPJ’s and Anthony Milford’s as the biggest waste of talent this sport has seen. So disappointed in him.

We won despite him tonight

After talking shit on a podcast about the coach like an idiot?

And giving up on that catch was unforgivable. He made a lot of metres because we were coming out of our own half a lot. He has been poor all season.

Edit: hope you don't see this as an attack on you mate. I love most of your posts (especially with the inside knowledge).

@Cult

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

What your saying might be entirely true, but it's still you claiming a 3rd party giving you this info rather than you yourself, so it's not even your lie if it was the case.

We saw this with Milford, too, remember. I was one of first to defend him, despite not only the 3rd party rumours of his laziness, but also the on-field evidence that we could all see that correlated the rumours.

The issue is that, should @Cult's "source" be telling the honest truth, we won't see the results for a few years. He is still pulling off freakish shit that has us expecting him to continue on an upward trajectory, but so did Milford up until around, what, mid-2016 before his decline?

You would think the club would be all over this shit, to take the steps now to make sure it doesn't happen to him, but there are times when you literally can't do anything more. There is just too much of a mental fragility, or, whatever you want to call it, just something in their personality that they literally can't overcome that sets their default mindset to "do the bare minimum & live off the raw talent for as long as possible". The decline in career & paypacket is too gradual over time to be enough of a shock them in to action. Milford, Dave Taylor etc.

So TLDR, don't discount what @Cult is sharing, as the signs are very familiar.

We saw this with Milford, too, remember. I was one of first to defend him, despite not only the 3rd party rumours of his laziness, but also the on-field evidence that we could all see that correlated the rumours.

The issue is that, should @Cult's "source" be telling the honest truth, we won't see the results for a few years. He is still pulling off freakish shit that has us expecting him to continue on an upward trajectory, but so did Milford up until around, what, mid-2016 before his decline?

You would think the club would be all over this shit, to take the steps now to make sure it doesn't happen to him, but there are times when you literally can't do anything more. There is just too much of a mental fragility, or, whatever you want to call it, just something in their personality that they literally can't overcome that sets their default mindset to "do the bare minimum & live off the raw talent for as long as possible". The decline in career & paypacket is too gradual over time to be enough of a shock them in to action. Milford, Dave Taylor etc.

So TLDR, don't discount what @Cult is sharing, as the signs are very familiar.
I agree with this, good post Morkel.

How fucking good is Cobbo?

Won us the game with an aimless attack.

Lazy fat and slow hey @Cult

From the onset, he looked like a man on a mission.

Huge performance from the young fella tonight.

Yeah, there was all the magic, but he also put in a hell of a lot of work making some tough carries and constantly led the kick chase down that right hand side in the absence of Riki.

From the onset, he looked like a man on a mission.

Huge performance from the young fella tonight.

Yeah, there was all the magic, but he also put in a hell of a lot of work making some tough carries and constantly led the kick chase down that right hand side in the absence of Riki.
He has some brain farts and I can't speak for training but the dude always puts in effort. He's always taking tough carries and plenty of them, can't fault much on the field. If he cuts out the brain snaps he's an elite winger I wouldn't swap for anyone.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • eggstar10
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.