PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

And he's the only NRL player to ever do that? wow... blow me down.

Let's start a thread on a public forum and call him names like a primary schooler. That'll show him!
So respond to the first post in the thread and that only. I don’t enjoy having lazy players at the club after the last few years of being a fan.

But I’ve also apologised for that original post.

So respond to the first post in the thread and that only. I don’t enjoy having lazy players at the club after the last few years of being a fan.

But I’ve also apologised for that original post.
Then delete it.

Cult doesn’t need to be tagged every time Cobbo has a good game.

He voiced his concerns or criticisms, as we all have, about a certain player.

Selwyn having a good game again doesn’t disprove what he’s said or make it irrelevant

Don’t antagonise and let the thread devolve into multi-page back and forths.

If you have a problem, report it to staff.

Cult doesn’t need to be tagged every time Cobbo has a good game.

He voiced his concerns or criticisms, as we all have, about a certain player.

Selwyn having a good game again doesn’t disprove what he’s said or make it irrelevant.

Don’t antagonise and let the thread devolve into multi-page back and forths.

If you have a problem, report it to staff.
Does he crow and jeer every time something negative happens? yes? then the tagging will continue, justly.

People will probably take this the wrong way, but i get Dave Taylor vibes in some ways from Selwyn. He just wants to play footy and maybe he hasnt quite got that you need to put in the hard yards as well. Thats like Dave. Just wanted to get his hands on the ball and go out and play the game, but didnt want to do the rest.

But he has missed rehab sessions or turned up late to them. Its unprofessional. And some players do get away with being lazy trainers if they turn up game after game and win you the points. Selwyn despite his efforts tonight isnt at that level yet.
FFS he is a very immature 20yo. He is going to get lazy or stupid at times. He will grow into it all with time.

@Skathen there you go mate, now dispute everything else I’ve said. Funny that you went back to this OG post when someone else told you he misses training and rehab though
Thank you. My main gripe all along was the hateful way you attacked him on a personal level using literally defamatory language then keep banging that drum week in week out.

I never made any claim he was a great trainer - nor do I think it's a problem at this stage. Clubs often struggle to get kids to maintain a strong level of professionalism. It's why Gagai isn't a Bronco. It's why a lot of players were let go or given a low-ball offer over the years.

The kid has got talent, he's young and very capable. He's no Hodgo - yet - but people like Hodgo prove that there is no right way for every single person.

It also takes great leadership, mentoring and coaching to get the best out of people and his comments last year were testament to a complaint that what he got from Walters wasn't what was working for him. Clearly benchmarked against a future great coach in Billy Slater. You don't know how crap you've got it until you get to experience something that blows it out of the water. This is as much Kev's issue as it is Cobbo's. Cobbo's gotta do better, but so does Kev. If he's not getting the best out of Cobbo - then he's failing too.

FFS he is a very immature 20yo. He is going to get lazy or stupid at times. He will grow into it all with time.

21. And plenty of 21 year olds put in the hard yards. Not saying he wont develop that either, but using my comparison again, we heard it over and over with the coal train as well. And Milford. They never got it. Only so long you can survive on raw ability.

People will probably take this the wrong way, but i get Dave Taylor vibes in some ways from Selwyn. He just wants to play footy and maybe he hasnt quite got that you need to put in the hard yards as well. Thats like Dave. Just wanted to get his hands on the ball and go out and play the game, but didnt want to do the rest.

Find that sweet mix - happy as larry, hungry, chilled, lesss go, shell be right......ie....Let him be the best he can be in his way.

21. And plenty of 21 year olds put in the hard yards. Not saying he wont develop that either, but using my comparison again, we heard it over and over with the coal train as well. And Milford. They never got it. Only so long you can survive on raw ability.

I've managed thirty-one year olds who wouldn't know what a hard yard is and would cry if I made them do one.

Kid's doing alright for twenty-one. Especially a 2023 edition twenty-one.

I've managed thirty-one year olds who wouldn't know what a hard yard is and would cry if I made them do one.

Too fucking right mate, I feel that in my bones. I hire people in their 20s and 30s regularly, 30 year olds often feel like they've only just started figuring shit out. Half of the 20 year olds, especially under about 23 never seek to amaze me in just how apathetic and ignorant they are to the way the world works. 21 is still very much a baby adult and they act like it.

Thank you. My main gripe all along was the hateful way you attacked him on a personal level using literally defamatory language then keep banging that drum week in week out.

I never made any claim he was a great trainer - nor do I think it's a problem at this stage. Clubs often struggle to get kids to maintain a strong level of professionalism. It's why Gagai isn't a Bronco. It's why a lot of players were let go or given a low-ball offer over the years.

The kid has got talent, he's young and very capable. He's no Hodgo - yet - but people like Hodgo prove that there is no right way for every single person.

It also takes great leadership, mentoring and coaching to get the best out of people and his comments last year were testament to a complaint that what he got from Walters wasn't what was working for him. Clearly benchmarked against a future great coach in Billy Slater. You don't know how crap you've got it until you get to experience something that blows it out of the water. This is as much Kev's issue as it is Cobbo's. Cobbo's gotta do better, but so does Kev. If he's not getting the best out of Cobbo - then he's failing too.

So sorry 21. Plenty don't for a few years either. I have seen so many go well and never as many go bad over the years that who knows what we have here. How about we don't go making assumptions and see how it plays out.

and if all these people who hire people had staff who show up late or not at all they’d fire them

He's doing great imo, but its more 4 or 5 years down the track where it will hit him like it did with Milf and Coal train rather than what he is doing now.

And tbf, being a footy player is a bit of a different environment from most jobs. They do get a fair bit of leeway compared to a normal working person.

So sorry 21. Plenty don't for a few years either. I have seen so many go well and never as many go bad over the years that who knows what we have here. How about we don't go making assumptions and see how it plays out.

Its not really making assumptions. Its giving examples of others with a similar attitude. All i'm doing is comparing him directly to others at his age who did similar things and were probably even more highly rated than Cobbo. We will see where he ends up.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.