PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

and if all these people who hire people had staff who show up late or not at all they’d fire them
Then you'd be a moron.

You work with them, teach them, train them. If they don't learn or don't want to, then evaluate options. You don't dump a kid just because they haven't figured shit out yet or are struggling with adapting to adult life. Shit, I'm in my 40s and I fucking hate it sometimes. Good managers don't put all the onus on the worker to be good at their job. Shit ones do.

Then you'd be a moron.

You work with them, teach them, train them. If they don't learn or don't want to, then evaluate options. You don't dump a kid just because they haven't figured shit out yet or are struggling with adapting to adult life. Shit, I'm in my 40s and I fucking hate it sometimes. Good managers don't put all the onus on the worker to be good at their job. Shit ones do.
So if you tell them training is this day and they just don’t show up because they don’t want to, you’re just going to be cool with it?

So if you tell them training is this day and they just don’t show up because they don’t want to, you’re just going to be cool with it?
I see we have a reading comprehension issue again. No, you work with them, coach them, lead them, train them.

Show them why it's important to be on time. Provide them with the motivation and yearning to be there, to fit into the culture and team you've built.

True, not everyone will work out. But you don't just let talent wander off. You need to work at it, too fucking hard sometimes - but when it clicks and they start to fire on all cylinders, boy is it worth it.

Until when? Walters has been working on it. Very hard. Even after being publicly called out by him.

But should I, as a fan, be cool with a lack of effort when we’ve been subpar for years now? I’m not ok with laziness, but if that’s where some of the fans are, no wonder the club doesn’t care about us.

Until when? Walters has been working on it. Very hard. Even after being publicly called out by him.

But should I, as a fan, be cool with a lack of effort when we’ve been subpar for years now? I’m not ok with laziness, but if that’s where some of the fans are, no wonder the club doesn’t care about us.
Maybe he should pick up the phone to a good coach like Billy to find out what works?

Your second statement smacks of you now focusing a lot of your ill will towards a single player. Took a whole club to get as shit as they were.

And laziness... pffft. No-one has ever been picked repeatedly for origin for being lazy, that in itself speaks volumes from people who actually know the game, to your tainted view of it.

Maybe he should pick up the phone to a good coach like Billy to find out what works?

Your second statement smacks of you now focusing a lot of your ill will towards a single player. Took a whole club to get as shit as they were.

And laziness... pffft. No-one has ever been picked repeatedly for origin for being lazy, that in itself speaks volumes from people who actually know the game, to your tainted view of it.
Dave Taylor literally played 8 games.

No, I’m focusing on the player that someone at the club has told me doesn’t show up, or shows up late and doesn’t bother with injury rehab. If there’s another player in the team who does that they’ll get the same response.

Dave Taylor literally played 8 games.

No, I’m focusing on the player that someone at the club has told me doesn’t show up, or shows up late and doesn’t bother with injury rehab. If there’s another player in the team who does that they’ll get the same response.
Dave Taylor never lived up to his potential but wasn't lazy. He worked hard on the field. Just not hard enough off of it to hit his ceiling. He was still a successful, highly paid NRL player.

The reason Dave Taylor gets brought up is he had the hands of ball player in the body of a front rower and the speed of a center. If he ever made that all click, he would have been unbeatable. Instead he setlled for solid NRL player which is still elite and still took a lot of work.

Dave Taylor never lived up to his potential but wasn't lazy. He worked hard on the field. Just not hard enough off of it to hit his ceiling. He was still a successful, highly paid NRL player.

The reason Dave Taylor gets brought up is he had the hands of ball player in the body of a front rower and the speed of a center. If he ever made that all click, he would have been unbeatable. Instead he setlled for solid NRL player which is still elite and still took a lot of work.
What the **** are you even responding to? There’s no point, you don’t get it.

Taylor was lazy off the field, just like Cobbo is. You just said you don’t get selected numerous times in Origin if you’re lazy. That’s flat out incorrect.

He’s also not playing Origin at the moment. I wonder why…

What the **** are you even responding to? There’s no point, you don’t get it.

Taylor was lazy off the field, just like Cobbo is. You just said you don’t get selected numerous times in Origin if you’re lazy. That’s flat out incorrect.

He’s also not playing Origin at the moment. I wonder why…
You don't need to wonder, he got injured or did you miss that memo?

Dave Taylor wasn't deadset lazy off the field, he copped flack because of his weight. He balooned after he stopped playing NRL as he's obviously struggled hard with it his entire career. Who knows what battles he was facing.

Mate, Big Dave was as lazy and unprofessional as it gets. Off the field he was a nightmare. The more he got into his career, the worse he got. He only managed to achieve what he did because he literally just loved game day and was the most talented forward to play the game. If he had a work ethic, nobody would get close to him.

Mate, Big Dave was as lazy and unprofessional as it gets. Off the field he was a nightmare. The more he got into his career, the worse he got. He only managed to achieve what he did because he literally just loved game day and was the most talented forward to play the game. If he had a work ethic, nobody would get close to him.
He got lazy after his career and put on 40KGs, THAT's lazy. He just didn't put the amount of work in required to be his best self. There's a difference between that and flat out lazy.

He got lazy after his career and put on 40KGs, THAT's lazy. He just didn't put the amount of work in required to be his best self. There's a difference between that and flat out lazy.
Haha Jesus Christ

Haha Jesus Christ

These photos were less than 2 years apart.

Still the biggest “what could have been” player to ever grace the game. He would have statues littered throughout QLD.

He was lazy from the start. Just how he was. His general football on game day wasnt that bad ( could have been better ) but its the basics he didnt get down. This isnt a joke, pretty sure i posted this years ago about him. He would have been maybe early 20's at a fan day at Dalby iirc. They had a sausage sizzle there and i'm not kidding when i say he knocked off 2 loaves of bread and about 30 sausages. Talk to some of the old Broncos who played with him, they will tell you how bad he was.

There were times he got his act together, but it didnt last sadly. He's my favourite and least favourite Bronco of all time.

Active Now

• kman
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • Tristan1990
  • upthebroncs
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • maddo
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • mitch222
  • eggstar10
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.