PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

A post in the Dolphins post-game thread had me thinking about this situation a little more, and I think it's honestly a credit to Kevvie that he didn't simply say, 'Right, you're out the door,' after the podcast debacle last year, and the associated issues that have been highlighted here. We have done that in the past - generally to the benefit of other teams. Look at Gagai as an example.

Kevvie clearly made peace with the situation, and decided that - in spite of the destabilising effect it could have had on the team and on his career - he'd persevere with Selwyn. And look at where he has the team this year. First place, no real signs of losing the locker room as was heavily speculated at the backend of last year, playing good, positive footy with a team-first attitude. And Selwyn had been a part of that, even through some shaky patches. That's what gives me faith in his future.

Oates was always lambasted for the gap between his best and worst games, I think it’ll take years to get a true consensus on this thread … try again in 2029 Morkel

(that was a beautiful summary though)

Apart from those two years where Oates admitted be dropped his head and kicked stones, the guy has been pretty bloody consistent throughout his career. Even coming back from injury it's like he didn't skip a beat. No tries this year yet, but as silly as it is to say about a winger, that's not why he's in the team.

Apart from those two years where Oates admitted be dropped his head and kicked stones, the guy has been pretty bloody consistent throughout his career. Even coming back from injury it's like he didn't skip a beat. No tries this year yet, but as silly as it is to say about a winger, that's not why he's in the team.
Yes, his metres out of our end are so valuable to our forwards as every metre he makes means one less the big forwards have to retreat to get onside.

It says more about his inside center than it does him though when you talk about his lack of tries this year.

Yes, his metres out of our end are so valuable to our forwards as every metre he makes means one less the big forwards have to retreat to get onside.

It says more about his inside center than it does him though when you talk about his lack of ties this year.

Didn't he have the same centre inside him last year (with people making the same complaints) when he was one of the top try scorers.

we have a different fullback though, who has been favouring Cobbos side a tad

Didn't he have the same centre inside him last year (with people making the same complaints) when he was one of the top try scorers.

we have a different fullback though, who has been favouring Cobbos side a tad
He's also missed most of the season through injury.

Said this earlier in the season , do you want metres coming out of defence or tries ?

Arthars obviously can score more . But can`t make the same metres coming out of the red zone .

Interesting conundrum

Said this earlier in the season , do you want metres coming out of defence or tries ?

Arthars obviously can score more . But can`t make the same metres coming out of the red zone .

Interesting conundrum
Can’t score tries if you’re stuck on the other side of the field and Oates can score pretty damn well so he’s not lacking in any of those things

Interesting conundrum

It isn’t now and never was a conundrum. Arthars has been great this year when called upon but it isn’t even close with Oates.

His off period coincided with him thinking he should play in the back row (more $$$).....
Since he reconciled exactly what he is, he's been great.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Oatesy… top 10 all time bronco for me. But his early career was a bit rocks and diamonds. He would admit this in interviews as well, often saying he needed to bridge the gap.

He’s been elite post Seibold *

*also my phone just autocorrected to Seminole , which i read as semen hole… I wish this happened years ago

He didn't actually say he dropped his head and kicked stones tbf. He wasn't looking after himself very well, mentally and physically and his game dropped because of it. That staph infection knocked him around a fair bit.

Re-upload with the Interstellar soundtrack.

The facial expressions on the Dolphins players hahahahahah.

SOS could easily have covered that IMO, he thought he had plenty of time to get to the ball (maybe he thought the other players had successfully blocked/delayed Cobbo) but when he realises he dun goofed, it's too late.

The facial expressions on the Dolphins players hahahahahah.

SOS could easily have covered that IMO, he thought he had plenty of time to get to the ball (maybe he thought the other players had successfully blocked/delayed Cobbo) but when he realises he dun goofed, it's too late.

Love Kodi throwing his hands up in frustration like, how the ****?

Unread

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • Jedhead
  • Old Mate
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • maddo
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.