PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

Damn near the entire site argued against him being "Lazy"
With no proof. The comment was made about him giving up on a play. That was 100% lazy. Argue that point.

Then I got told from people at the club that he wasn’t showing up to training on time. I value their perspective more than people who just like to argue on the internet.

Then I got told from people at the club that he wasn’t showing up to training on time. I value their perspective more than people who just like to argue on the internet.

Have you had any updates on this from your source at the club? I'd be genuinely interested to know.

As a complete outsider, it does seem like Selwyn's attitude and demeanour has improved, and there certainly seems to be less of those 'lazy' moments in his game. Besides the Titans game (where he might have still been carrying an injury he shouldn't have played through), he generally seems to be switched on for the majority of games, and even when he's made mistakes he does it trying, and never stops throwing himself into the opposition or giving up on a play or the game.

Is he still late for training, has he missed any rehab or other sessions recently, or is his off-field attitude improving too? Does your source have any information on what the club are doing to work with Selwyn to improve these things, if not?

Have you had any updates on this from your source at the club? I'd be genuinely interested to know.

As a complete outsider, it does seem like Selwyn's attitude and demeanour has improved, and there certainly seems to be less of those 'lazy' moments in his game. Besides the Titans game (where he might have still been carrying an injury he shouldn't have played through), he generally seems to be switched on for the majority of games, and even when he's made mistakes he does it trying, and never stops throwing himself into the opposition or giving up on a play or the game.

Is he still late for training, has he missed any rehab or other sessions recently, or is his off-field attitude improving too? Does your source have any information on what the club are doing to work with Selwyn to improve these things, if not?
All very valid questions.

Not a single soul has argued otherwise
cover-ears-cant-hear-you.gif

Agreed....it's be interesting to know what Cult's club insider has to say about the current Selwyn Cobbo.
Nothing yet. Leave it with me. Last I heard when this thread was started was that they’re essentially babying him and allowing the behaviour. Schoolboy stuff.

My worries aren’t for current Selwyn anyway. It’s the future if he doesn’t start taking this seriously.

Nothing yet. Leave it with me. Last I heard when this thread was started was that they’re essentially babying him and allowing the behaviour. Schoolboy stuff.

My worries aren’t for current Selwyn anyway. It’s the future if he doesn’t start taking this seriously.
imagine being wrong

With no proof. The comment was made about him giving up on a play. That was 100% lazy. Argue that point.

Khan Perrera burns guys for speed on the outside regularly .

Is it a coincidence that Cobbo stays in the passing lane every week and Staggs covers from the inside ??
I highly doubt it . He is being coached to do it . Well , that tactic back fired against the Titans .One game in a fcking season Coach . They gave him space like they have done with the left wingers all season and he burnt Cobbo and Staggs with his speed . Hasn`t happened again though ?

Khan Perrera burns guys for speed on the outside regularly .

Is it a coincidence that Cobbo stays in the passing lane every week and Staggs covers from the inside ??
I highly doubt it . He is being coached to do it . Well , that tactic back fired against the Titans .One game in a fcking season Coach . They gave him space like they have done with the left wingers all season and he burnt Cobbo and Staggs with his speed . Hasn`t happened again though ?
He goes for it a lot, because a Cobbo intercept is basically shut the gate time. It's a huge momentum changer when they come off as well.

I'd say he's definitely encouraged to be going for them and even his presence out there would be a deterrent for opposition teams.

He often finds himself in the opposition's back line just being a hindrance, which gives time for the inside defenders to get up and make a tackle before it carries along the backline move.

He goes for it a lot, because a Cobbo intercept is basically shut the gate time. It's a huge momentum changer when they come off as well.

I'd say he's definitely encouraged to be going for them and even his presence out there would be a deterrent for opposition teams.

He often finds himself in the opposition's back line just being a hindrance, which gives time for the inside defenders to get up and make a tackle before it carries along the backline move.
Yeah there seems to be a pretty big focus on shutting down shifts to the outside. Our edge defence was horrific and it looks like Kev and the coaching teams response was “don’t need good edge defence if you don’t let them pass to the edge” and now it’s Reyno rushing out of the line to shutdown the half and Cobbo standing in the lane discouraging the cut out pass, with Toni ready to cover him.

I`ll give Captain Coach Reynolds his due , he can get physical out there on his edge . He drives men a lot bigger than him into the ground hard .

The intercept can look like the "easy option" instead of putting your body on the line but he's so good at it. Most of the time when he is going for it, we've been picked apart and it's probably going to be a try anyway.

Active Now

• Howie
  • dirtyharry
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Redfern_1980
  • Wolfie
  • mrtij
  • Dash
  • kman
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.