PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

Isn’t the Toe already on like $750k a season?
Think it's more like $600k-$650k... I think he was chasing $800k from Sydney teams to move, but no one took the bait so he stayed in Brisbane... unfortunately Broncos still got FOMO and basically kept outbidding themselves.

Bit of a misconception going around by what it means to be arrested based on some of the responses in here.

Since taking charge, DD has taken care of corporate side of things astutely. Its about time for him to focus seriously everything related to who we’ve at the club that includes players, coaching & medical staff.

Simply put, the club with its resources & fanbase deserves much much better than the nonsense.

If it is true, sure get rid of him but with the proviso from the NRL that no one else can pick him up for a period of time. This sort of thing cannot be tolerated.

However, if it isn't true, we need to find out what the heck has happened here and lynch whoever has made false claims.

We just don't have any facts like at all, let's calm down a bit.
This. Exactly this.
No need to jump at shadows.
However, IF it’s proven and he is guilty, see ya. That’s of course predicted on the fact that the roosters don’t sign him next year for 250k to “rehabilitate” him and “help”.

This. Exactly this.
No need to jump at shadows.
However, IF it’s proven and he is guilty, see ya. That’s of course predicted on the fact that the roosters don’t sign him next year for 250k to “rehabilitate” him and “help”.
So if he has done this you would keep him here just to spite The Roosters?

No fucken way. ANYONE that puts their hand on a woman is a gutless dog! (reminder, we don’t know IF he has done anything wrong)
We don’t want that in our club, our game or society.
All I was saying is, watch the “best coach with the best cultcha” take him in on unders, with the promise from Uncle Nick to the NRL that they will get him the help the Broncos failed to do.
IF we boot him for this, he should not be able to sign for another NRL club. Super League or park footy.

Hope the DV isn’t true for the victims sake but been wanting this guy gone for a while and his game on Saturday didn’t help

Do we as a club have an obligation to help the young man..... ?

We took him out of the bush and put him in the city. Then,
gave him a shit ton of cash and said have at it.
Shouldn't we share some responsibility....?

If guilty

Would we be better humans for chucking him to the side of the road, thus making him someone else's problem?

So still no charges?
DV is a civil matter in the first instance, unless an order already exists he wont be charged criminally.

If guilty

Would we be better humans for chucking him to the side of the road, thus making him someone else's problem?
The media have toned this down, today they said he wasnt arrested and its now being called a "domestic disturbance" that police were called to.

This could just be a verbal argument that Police attend and take no action. Happens all the time. Neighbour hears a loud argument, calls the cops and they come and realise that its just a couple having a spat.

Cobbo probably should have reported it I guess.

Who knows, he might even be the aggrieved...

If guilty

Would you take on any of the burden if one of your staff members did something out of the stress created at work?

I've talked to someone close to Cobbo and this will all clear up soon. Him and his missus were having an argument and a neighbor called the cops.

If guilty

How do any of those factors lead to DV?

If he has done what is alleged I'm happy for the club to provide him with support if they deem it appropriate but I don't want him in my team or the NRL. They can support him without him being in the system.

How do any of those factors lead to DV?

If he has done what is alleged I'm happy for the club to provide him with support if they deem it appropriate but I don't want him in my team or the NRL. They can support him without him being in the system.

And if he hasn't done it or we find out it was just a misunderstanding, what will you be happy with then?

I've talked to someone close to Cobbo and this will all clear up soon. Him and his missus were having an argument and a neighbor called the cops.
This is actually very very common. Complete BS that the media blew this up to say he was arrested, questioned etc. Just trying to pile it on the Broncos.

If that's the case I feel for selwyn a bit, the media have not been kind to him this year.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.