PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

And if he hasn't done it or we find out it was just a misunderstanding, what will you be happy with then?
I’m not really sure what you mean? If he hasn’t done it then I wouldn’t want him out of the team for that obviously, but I mean I have wanted him out of the team since the podcast incident and you know this so I’m not sure what you are expecting me to say lol

Didn’t someone say he’s off to Court tomorrow?

How do any of those factors lead to DV?

If he has done what is alleged I'm happy for the club to provide him with support if they deem it appropriate but I don't want him in my team or the NRL. They can support him without him being in the system.
In terms of factors leading to DV, Selwyn is from cherbourg.. he would have grown up around DV, violence, child sex offenders and the rest. People from the city have no idea what goes on in these towns.

It can't be understated how well he has done for himself and how well he conducts himself given where he has come from.

And if he hasn't done it or we find out it was just a misunderstanding, what will you be happy with then?

You're asking the wrong person... B4L wants Cobbo gone for reasons other than this incident.

Actually other than footy ability ... Although it seems like a good portion of BHQ now agree with the comments he made on that podcast

You're asking the wrong person... B4L wants Cobbo gone for reasons other than this incident.

Actually other than footy ability ... Although it seems like a good portion of BHQ now agree with the comments he made on that podcast
Well it depends, if he's just missed tackling the nsw cup winger for the 40th time, the fans call him stupid.

But turn up drunk to a podcast and bag the coach that took them to a GF the very next year and the fans think he's a genius.

Well, I don't know what I've been doing for the last 12 to 18 months lol.

These 3 screenshots shows you how many times where I have had to confirm that I needed to appear in court, as the aggrieved. If the respondent was in court, it meant I was going to be in court too. Sometimes police would provide me with incorrect court dates etc or there was a breakdown in communication. Quickest way to confirm the respondent was appearing in court was to download the PDF on the morning of, and search for the name.

🤷‍♀️

In terms of factors leading to DV, Selwyn is from cherbourg.. he would have grown up around DV, violence, child sex offenders and the rest. People from the city have no idea what goes on in these towns.

It can't be understated how well he has done for himself and how well he conducts himself given where he has come from.
Are the rates of DV, violence and child sex offences greater in Cherbourg than the rest of the country then ?

Are the rates of DV, violence and child sex offences greater in Cherbourg than the rest of the country then ?
Seriously?

DV and violence in general is the norm in Aboriginal communities. DV is so normalized it is barely reported, at least 100 times higher than your average country town. This is not some bigoted view. This is reality. These are conservative numbers:

Cherbourg is probably one of the most tranquil ones, at least that I've been to. It is kept tidy with government money. You might at first think it's like any other town. It's not a dump at first glance, but unlike neighbouring towns it's bereft of any form of gardening. You know, the signs that locals are trying to make the town "nice." Then you'll notice the toys on the roofs, punched windows, sofas on the lawn, broken glass glittering along the side of the road, women street fighting, etc.

Here are some crime stats. Even with massive undereporting, it suggests around 1 in 4 residents are victims of "serious" assault. I would realistically say that's everyone:

The Cobbo women can handle themselves:

Well, I don't know what I've been doing for the last 12 to 18 months lol.

These 3 screenshots shows you how many times where I have had to confirm that I needed to appear in court, as the aggrieved. If the respondent was in court, it meant I was going to be in court too. Sometimes police would provide me with incorrect court dates etc or there was a breakdown in communication. Quickest way to confirm the respondent was appearing in court was to download the PDF on the morning of, and search for the name.

View attachment 28921

View attachment 28922

View attachment 28923
🤷‍♀️
Holy **** @Broncosgirl that is full on! Hope you are ok!

They don't. And it's not helped by the media who politely leave this detail out of news reports, like this one on nearby Murgon, which it states is the "most dangerous postcode" within 50,000 square kms, with 1 offence for every 7 people. Sounds like a bunch of rednecks, right?

The tiny detail omitted entirely is it shares the 4605 postcode with Cherbourg, and the crime is almost entirely indigenous:

Yes. Correct. It actually has the highest rate of domestic violence and crime In the entire south Burnett region. It's also only a town of 1000 people.

The video mchunt posted above is what's called a fairfight. The police don't get involved in fairfights because it's the communities way of settling things and they would get lynched if they tried to stop it. There is footage of cops standing and watching them. The violence in those towns is astronomical.

People from the city live under a rock.

Yes. Correct. It actually has the highest rate of domestic violence and crime In the entire south Burnett region. It's also only a town of 1000 people.

The video mchunt posted above is what's called a fairfight. The police don't get involved in fairfights because it's the communities way of settling things and they would get lynched if they tried to stop it. There is footage of cops standing and watching them. The violence in those towns is astronomical.

Unfortunately they're not all "fair fights."

If I have one tip on this subject it's this: while a whitefella will typically bluff that he's going to punch you in the fucking head or words to that effect, when a blackfella says he is going to hit you, he WILL hit you, and it might be later on and it might be from behind. You will not talk him out of it.

Unless you want a public boxing match there and then, leave the scene immediately. I've been on the receiving end of this more than once. And I was just minding my own business.

Unfortunately they're not all "fair fights."

If I have one tip on this subject it's this: while a whitefella will typically bluff that he's going to punch you in the fucking head or words to that effect, when a blackfella says he is going to hit you, he WILL hit you, and it might be later on and it might be from behind. You will not talk him out of it.

Unless you want a public boxing match there and then, leave the scene immediately. I've been on the receiving end of this more than once. And I was just minding my own business.

Lets put a stop to this conversation before it pushes into territory we don't wish to deal with. This is a thread about a player and his meeting with the police. We're not going to have a national conversation about stereotypes here.

Please move on.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • Totally Unr3al
  • pagey
  • Bucking Beads
  • davidp
  • RolledOates
  • Foordy
  • BruiserMk1
  • azza.79
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.