PLAYER Selwyn Cobbo

At the start of the season I was in the, if we have to choose between Cobbo and Staggs we take Cobbo camp. Now I’m in the we take Staggs over Cobbo camp.
There can be no question. Leaving aside the off-field stuff Staggs worst game is slightly below Cobbo’s best and Staggs best is so much better than Cobbo’s. Add to that that a Cobbo bad game is so bad it can literally cost you the game.

There can be no question. Leaving aside the off-field stuff Staggs worst game is slightly below Cobbo’s best and Staggs best is so much better than Cobbo’s. Add to that that a Cobbo bad game is so bad it can literally cost you the game.
I think you're forgetting how good Selwyn can be, when he's switched to "on." He's a freak. It's just that we don't get enough games when he's in this mode. And they're almost always before Origin selection.

I think you're forgetting how good Selwyn can be, when he's switched to "on." He's a freak. It's just that we don't get enough games when he's in this mode. And they're almost always before Origin selection.
Yeah Selwyn started the season in the centres bumping off people for fun. He has his faults but his potential is unlimited.

I don't know any details about what happened but I'm hoping beyond hope it's nothing serious, he could have a long career with us.

Yeah Selwyn started the season in the centres bumping off people for fun. He has his faults but his potential is unlimited.

I don't know any details about what happened but I'm hoping beyond hope it's nothing serious, he could have a long career with us.
I don't know. The headspace concerns we've had about him since he debuted haven't really gone away, even as he's matured as a player. He's a bit of a coach killer.

I agree there is a place for both in the team and that would be ideal, however as this season has shown us if you don’t have the depth, you can’t compete with the top teams. Unless Staggs and Cobbo are putting up efforts like Staggs does last night you can’t have them eating up almost $1.5M-$2M in cap space together.

Cobbo is young and inexperienced, Staggs has shown what having 110 games of experience v 50 games shows. So, unless Cobbo is willing to take $400K we have to let one go.

I agree there is a place for both in the team and that would be ideal, however as this season has shown us if you don’t have the depth, you can’t compete with the top teams. Unless Staggs and Cobbo are putting up efforts like Staggs does last night you can’t have them eating up almost $1.5M-$2M in cap space together.

Cobbo is young and inexperienced, Staggs has shown what having 110 games of experience v 50 games shows. So, unless Cobbo is willing to take $400K we have to let one go.
I understand. It's hard to take take though, as I feel like if he goes we're gonna see him carve up, and it'll be somewhere like Storm or Roosters 😭😭

If anything the drama with Cobbo has meant we will offer him a lot less $$. That’s if he gets through the off-field stuff with no charges.

Most centres at rep level or near it are getting paid over 650k in the game atm.

Most centres at rep level or near it are getting paid over 650k in the game atm.

The salary cap also goes up again next year to $11.4 million + $300k veterans allowance.

It will be $11.55 million + $300k veterans allowance in 2026

And $11.7 million + $300k veterans allowance in 2027

Most teams will have 2 centres on the $650k to $700k mark

My biggest problem with Selwyn is I don't think playing football is his number 1 priority in life and do we really want a player on the books for decent money whose number 1 priority isn't playing football?

My biggest problem with Selwyn is I don't think playing football is his number 1 priority in life and do we really want a player on the books for decent money whose number 1 priority isn't playing football?

What do you think is his priority instead?

What do you think is his priority instead?
Its not football. I've never seen a player so disinterested in playing the game. If you make football your priority in life like a lot of them do, you get the best results from them. I think Selwyn is just happy to coast on by on his talent which will only take him so far. I don't think football makes him the most happiest person. I mean here is a guy who will happily volunteer to sit out of games. Most players would kill to play a game and hate sitting on the sidelines where Selwyn seems content to do so.

Cobbo isn’t worth the money. All the talent in the world but when it comes to the effort areas he just isn’t interested. The game against the dogs was dreadful and proves he isn’t up to it at the moment.

He plays like he doesn’t care if we win or lose and I’ve never seen him fire up once. If you’re playing at the NRL level or origin level in his case results and effort matters and unfortunately I don’t see much effort from him 9 out of 10 games. If he played like he cared and put in then he would be one of the best players in the comp.

He never made any rep sides in his younger days and I’m starting to think that’s more to do with attitude than ability. I’d cut him away and use the money somewhere else.

Its not football. I've never seen a player so disinterested in playing the game. If you make football your priority in life like a lot of them do, you get the best results from them. I think Selwyn is just happy to coast on by on his talent which will only take him so far. I don't think football makes him the most happiest person. I mean here is a guy who will happily volunteer to sit out of games. Most players would kill to play a game and hate sitting on the sidelines where Selwyn seems content to do so.

Ciraldo asks potential recruits how much you love football and how much do you watch on a weekend?

If he's not happy with those two answers, you can't be a Bulldog. He wants to know you love it and that you're a student.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • maddo
  • Culhwch
  • jarro65
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.