Sexual assault allegation

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Jeanette said:
This is all speculation but, hypothetically, she could have been having sex, spotted the guy filming, said NO, he kept on having sex. That is rape. She had a medical rape test done on the Sat night.

She could have said NO to the video being done.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Scotty said:
I would have thought the players would be sacked by now if they were going to be eusa_think Seymour, Costigan, Lacy and Te reo were all sacked pretty promptly weren't they?

The tape of them was what got them sacked.

Well for 2 of them it was enough.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
Ive got it from a good source that the none of the 3 named filmed it... it was a 4th party and his name hasnt been released yet, but its who you would expect .... also, the phone footage was still on his phone the next morning
what a blimmin genius.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
mal said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Ive got it from a good source that the none of the 3 named filmed it... it was a 4th party and his name hasnt been released yet, but its who you would expect .... also, the phone footage was still on his phone the next morning

I have also heard this.. sigh- tough times for Brisbane ahead [icon_thumbs_do

Heard the same thing.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
No matter what comes of the investigation now, the three involved are guilty of being absolute clowns of the highest order. Putting themselves in this compromising position in the middle of a finals campaign shows a huge portion of disrespect - and lack of brain activity for that matter - towards their club, their teammates and their mentors. It puts the reputation of the club and everyone involved in it at serious risk, and now the mud is sticking as it always does.

You'd think that after 4 years of lessons learnt (or so we thought), the advice and recommendations they recieve regarding conduct in public, the risks that they know exist, warnings from their captain and no doubt their coach, as well as many other things in their favour, that these 3 would possess the brain capacity to simply do the right thing - at this time of the year at the very least, for God's sake.

Even if nothing comes of the investigation by way of criminal charges, I have shed just about all respect for those involved. Especially dissapointing way to have to send out two heroes of our club aswell, one of them in particular who has worked tirelessly to develop and maintain an admirable culture at the Broncos over the course of two decades.

Regarding means of punishment, if there is any at all - I personally would have no real objections to having them stood down while the investigation continues and, naturally, immediate terminations of contracts should the club recieve sufficient evidence to do so by the authorities. And given past outcomes, a simple code of conduct breach may be all that is required.

If no grounds to stand the players down are forthcoming, then I seriously hope that some alternative action will be taken for reasons I outlined intially.

The problem the club faces though is that of the media and the general public. Given past treatment of misbehavour at our club, and the intense, saturation coverage that comes with these incidents, the Broncos may be forced to take considerable action simply to protect its reputation and avoid a backlash if nothing is done. Particularly given that this time around the players allegedly involved are of much higher profile, and the club may be seen as hypocritical if these players get off with a lesser punishment than the likes of Te Reo, Lacey, Seymour and co. I'd certainly hate to be Bruno at the moment.

Here's hoping though, for the sake of everyone else, that no criminal charges are laid and that these blokes are guilty of only monumental stupidity (for which they should have their lefties strung up for).

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
It's shit like this that makes me realise how crazily different the NRL is to overseas sporting competitions. To those in this thread that follow the EPL - Joey Barton anyone?

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Yes, I believe foxsports state 4 high profile players.

Queenslander said "it is who you would expect"

Dont tell me its you know who.

T

THORN12

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Kaz said:
mal said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Heard the same thing.

Lets hope they weren't stupid enough to send it around to other people's phones.

Channel 10 just reported:
Wayne Bennett called a meeting and said the subject was off limits.
Unchanged team has been named, including the 3 players involved.
There are conflicting reports as to what happened that night.
NRL and Broncos wont take action until police investigation is done and charges are laid (if any).

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
michael22 said:
True, past hardline actions by the Broncos may leave them no other option than to sack them here. But these guys are integral members of the team so I would hope they hinge their punishment on the outcome of the police investigation and court case (if any).

You don't get it do you. It won't need criminal charges for club sponsors to go "I don't want my brand associated with these guys".

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
THORN12 said:
Kaz said:
mal said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Heard the same thing.

Lets hope they weren't stupid enough to send it around to other people's phones.

Channel 10 just reported:
Wayne Bennett called a meeting and said the subject was off limits.
Unchanged team has been named, including the 3 players involved.
There are conflicting reports as to what happened that night.
NRL and Broncos wont take action until police investigation is done and charges are laid (if any).

This sounds promising. Hopefully no criminal charges are laid no players are sacked.

H

HITMAN82

BRL Player
Jun 4, 2008
Presumably it was all fine (though slightly reprobate) until she noticed the "camera-man". If she then said for him to stop filming, no real dramas - he will get in a bit of trouble but the other 2/3 are fine. But IF she told noticed the camera, and said stop to the men she was engaged with, and they didn't - then it will be a HUGE problem for all of them.
I really hope option 1 is the outcome, and the 1 player is dealt with appropriately. We need you as strong as possible to crush the purple menace this weekend!

A

Argus

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Whether it was fully consensual or partially consensual is irrelevant in my opinion. If they were borderline NRL standard players I have no doubt they would be sacked. If they escape with their careers intact the club will lose fans, sponsors and general community respect. They must be shown the door to preserve the integrity of the Bronco brand. How would Benny feel now after last week endorsing Hunt as a future Bronco captain.

J

Jeanette

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
michael22 said:
True, past hardline actions by the Broncos may leave them no other option than to sack them here. But these guys are integral members of the team so I would hope they hinge their punishment on the outcome of the police investigation and court case (if any).

You don't get it do you. It won't need criminal charges for club sponsors to go "I don't want my brand associated with these guys".

Bingo! NRMA won't want any of these clowns in their ads now...

W

wally

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Kaz said:
I am what you call an older female.

The filming was disgusting.

IMO: The person who videoed it should be the one in trouble, from what I have read that's what she objected too.

She consented to doing the sex act on them.

I pretty much agree with this to.

If it weren't for the filming i'd say we wouldn't even be hearing about it. We don't hear about this sorta crap every other weekend, and i doubt anyone is going to say that it doesn't happen (you'd have to be a blind freddy to say it doesn't).

What i'm most dissapointed with here is the that they were out drinking during the finals series. A time they should be laying low and be focussed on the team and getting a premiership (before this it was achievable).

I'm dissapointed that this is going to be Wayne Bennett's last memory of the broncos (unless by somehow there is a premiership won in a few weeks, at which point this isn't just going to disappear). He deserved alot more then to be sent out with an alleged sexual assault allegation.

And i'm extremely dissapointed in 2 of these players (dissapointed and disgusted in all of them TBH). But inparticular 2 of these players are widely looked up to by aspiring football players and youngsters aswell. One had been granted the priveledge of captaining the side a few times this year, the other tagged as a future broncos captain and even now is mentioned of as a leader of the broncos. I seriously hope neither get the chance at captaining this side again, there is more to being a leader then just on the field.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Lostboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • Dexter
  • barker
  • Johnny92
  • Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • jarro65
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • maddo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrMoore
  • Aldo
  • Bish
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.