Sexual assault allegation

A

andirect

BRL Player
Sep 14, 2008
i haven't seen a media release anywhere. only speculation that it'll be an unchanged team. i may be wrong, but i can't see it anywhere. nothing on the official site.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Encouraging that Judy Spence has said: "I would encourage people not to pre-judge these players or the events surrounding this incident on the weekend."

I think you guys are missing the point. The facts that aren't really in dispute here that are worrying:
1. At least two of the club's senior players have been out binge drinking 6 days before a major semi-final.

2. The most respected and admired Rugby League player in Australia, the captain of our team and the Australian team apparently addressed the team and called for a booze-ban a number of weeks ago. I cannot believe there would be players in our ranks that would have the guile to question his experience and authority and say, no sorry I don't want to make that sacrifice or no Locky we don't need to do that.

And you know what, it is showing on the field - they don't support him when he takes on the line etc.

That my friends is what is the problem at the Broncos at the moment.

Russo

Russo

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
michael22 said:
Aeetee said:
michael22 said:
Just read on rugbyleaguelive.com that all players will be playing this weekend, and the police investigation will take weeks. Looking good for 2008 finals campaign at the very least.

What do you mean just read, a few of us mentioned that that was going to be the case. icon_thumbs_u

Yeah but having the head of Queensland police come out and say it makes it a little more official haha.

I'd go so far as to say the underlying tone of her statement was that she personally didn't want any charges to be issued!

How the frig do you come up with this sort of statement Michael. You have been here on BHQ all of today only (join date 15 Sept 08), posted nothing worthy all day, listened to no-one elses opinions but your own and you now come out with a statement saying that you know what the police minister is thinking. :evil:

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
My fair share of Boo's will be given to Hunt, especially considering I am right behind teh goal-line.

I want him to realise how much he has let down his fans.

M

michael22

BRL Player
Sep 15, 2008
Russo said:
michael22 said:
Aeetee said:
michael22 said:
Just read on rugbyleaguelive.com that all players will be playing this weekend, and the police investigation will take weeks. Looking good for 2008 finals campaign at the very least.

What do you mean just read, a few of us mentioned that that was going to be the case. icon_thumbs_u

Yeah but having the head of Queensland police come out and say it makes it a little more official haha.

I'd go so far as to say the underlying tone of her statement was that she personally didn't want any charges to be issued!

How the frig do you come up with this sort of statement Michael. You have been here on BHQ all of today only (join date 15 Sept 08), posted nothing worthy all day, listened to no-one elses opinions but your own and you now come out with a statement saying that you know what the police minister is thinking. :evil:

I am a telepathic alien sent here to enlighten you.

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
mal said:
My fair share of Boo's will be given to Hunt, especially considering I am right behind teh goal-line.

That would be a disgraceful act.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
mal said:

Yeah I agree the fans love Hunt and Thaiday and they have really let us fans down. I can't really even contemplate going to the game TBH. I will see if there even any tickets left on Thursday.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
I have a 2006 premiership poster of locky and K on my wall... staring at Karmichael is annoying me. I used to like looking at his ugly mug, now: not so much.

yeh i have the same feelings. i have alot of stuff that will be going on ebay when this is all said and done

J

Jeanette

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Russo said:

Is he a fire blanket? eusa_think

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Beads6 said:
mal said:

Yeah I agree the fans love Hunt and Thaiday and they have really let us fans down. I can't really even contemplate going to the game TBH. I will see if there even any tickets left on Thursday.
The irony for me is that I used to love Costigan, then when he left I turned to Thaiday for consolation [icon_frown and I'm no longer sad I won't be able to get to the game.

I still hope people don't boo the players if they're named though, cos I want to win!!!! If they're named to play you have to give them benefit of the doubt.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm the same Beads. Still waiting to see what info comes out between now and game day before deciding if I want to spend my money and get along to this game.

I'm a bit torn, because I do want to support TC, Bennett and the other guys...just hard.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Coxy said:
I'm the same Beads. Still waiting to see what info comes out between now and game day before deciding if I want to spend my money and get along to this game.

I'm a bit torn, because I do want to support TC, Bennett and the other guys...just hard.
Do you reckon you'd go if the players are dumped? In a weird sort of way I think it would be an easier pill to swallow.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
mrslong said:
The irony for me is that I used to love Costigan, then when he left I turned to Thaiday for consolation.

[icon_pray.

Please don't pick another player. [icon_wink

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Kaz said:
mrslong said:
The irony for me is that I used to love Costigan, then when he left I turned to Thaiday for consolation.

[icon_pray.

Please don't pick another player. [icon_wink
Lol, how about someone safe...I'm gonna go for Izzy. The mormon. Or Setu, the other mormon. icon_thumbs_u

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
robbie mustoe said:
mal said:

Any why is it disgraceful? As far as I am concerned he is not fit to put on the Broncos jumper this weekend and until the fans get an apology and have seen him change for the better it is my right as a fan to let a team/individual player know I am dissapointed with their actions.

It's not all flowers and sunshine, stop sugar-coating something because they're in maroon and yellow.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
mrslong said:
Coxy said:

Do you reckon you'd go if the players are dumped? In a weird sort of way I think it would be an easier pill to swallow.[/quote

I'll only go if the charges are dropped or the players are declared innocent.

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
mal said:
robbie mustoe said:
mal said:

Any why is it disgraceful? As far as I am concerned he is not fit to put on the Broncos jumper this weekend and until the fans get an apology and have seen him change for the better it is my right as a fan to let a team/individual player know I am dissapointed with their actions.

It's not all flowers and sunshine, stop sugar-coating something because they're in maroon and yellow.

I'm not saying you have to sugar-coat it, but to go to the game and boo a player who has given 100% for the Broncos for years every time he has played and helped us win a premiership because you don't agree with something he has allegedly been involved in is a dead set dog act.

The way some people are talking in this thread you would think noone has ever made a drunken mistake.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well Beads, I'm pretty much 100% sure the sex thing happened. Nobody seems to be denying sex took place with her in that toilet. And that's really what I'm pissed off about. That that sort of behaviour is happening 24 hours after a tough finals game, and with tougher games to come. In Wayne and TC's testimonial year.

Just total disrespect for the Brisbane Broncos shown by all 3.

If there's criminal charges out of it, that's just an extra bitter blow for me.

So to answer mrslong: yes, I'd rather go and watch us get flogged without 3 of our key players, than go along and cheer a win with 3 grubs in the team.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.