Sexual assault allegation

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Astroboy said:
The image of the Broncos club, a club I've been proud to suport since 1988, is at stake here. If the story is true I'm immensely disappointed that these guys who represent the Broncos, and who so many look up to, can be such complete IDIOTS! As someone else said, especially Hunt - iconic player, future captain and all. It has to be one of the darkest days in the club's history.

This is a case in which I'd be happy to see the blokes gone from the club - actually not happy, what a loss they would be, but happier than to see them keep playing and representing our great club. Anything less after getting rid of Seymore, Costigan etc would be complete hypocrisy. Unacceptable behaviour is just that, whether you're a fringe first grader or an established star. Forget the "business decisions" etc, it's a weak-minded sellout to even consider such things. The honour and reputation of the club, built largely by Wayne Bennett, means more to me than most other things about the Broncos. I would get rid of these guys if the story is true, yes even at the expense of this year's premiership. I want the Broncos to be a team I can still cheer for. A team who I can still be proud to support. We are not the Bulldogs ffs. We are the Broncos and we do not (or at least, should not) tolerate this sh!t.

They're my exact feelings on the matter also. The club is more important than anything and the players have damaged it. This will hang over the clubs head for years to come. There could be no arguements if they get the sack. If you're signed by Brisbane you know the standards and what's expected. You know you better not **** as they take a harsh stance on discipline and off field behaviour.

Those 3 fucked up and they should be sacked.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Steve said:
Astroboy said:
The image of the Broncos club, a club I've been proud to suport since 1988, is at stake here. If the story is true I'm immensely disappointed that these guys who represent the Broncos, and who so many look up to, can be such complete IDIOTS! As someone else said, especially Hunt - iconic player, future captain and all. It has to be one of the darkest days in the club's history.

This is a case in which I'd be happy to see the blokes gone from the club - actually not happy, what a loss they would be, but happier than to see them keep playing and representing our great club. Anything less after getting rid of Seymore, Costigan etc would be complete hypocrisy. Unacceptable behaviour is just that, whether you're a fringe first grader or an established star. Forget the "business decisions" etc, it's a weak-minded sellout to even consider such things. The honour and reputation of the club, built largely by Wayne Bennett, means more to me than most other things about the Broncos. I would get rid of these guys if the story is true, yes even at the expense of this year's premiership. I want the Broncos to be a team I can still cheer for. A team who I can still be proud to support. We are not the Bulldogs ffs. We are the Broncos and we do not (or at least, should not) tolerate this sh!t.

They're my exact feelings on the matter also. The club is more important than anything and the players have damaged it. This will hang over the clubs head for years to come. There could be no arguements if they get the sack. If you're signed by Brisbane you know the standards and what's expected. You know you better not **** as they take a harsh stance on discipline and off field behaviour.

Those 3 **** up and they should be sacked.

From all accounts an incident like this has been about 3 years in the making for the Broncos and with the absence of men like Petero, Shane Webcke or Brad Thorn, the boys have been running amok.

I'd love to give my team the benefit of the doubt and say its all fabricated but you cannot deny that something happened and whatever it is, the worst is probably that the truth will never come out and it will be mere speculation, like the shit we hung on the Dogs for all these years.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
subsbligh said:
In short, there is nothing to be gained by letting the accused play against the Storm on Saturday night, as much as it hurts to say it.

Absolutely.

It pains me to say it, as they are quality footballers and a major ingredient of our success, but it will be a somewhat hollow feeling watching them play on the weekend and having to cheer them on to help us to victory. But what decision the club makes now, from a business and a general moral perspective in relation to the club's own code and values, could have a long standing effect - and I think the first step in turning around general confidence, avoiding a backlash from the sponsors, fans and in particular the media (which can be very damaging), would be to stand down these players indefinately untill all is clear.

Sure it appears they may not get pinged for anything illegal, but I think we all realise now that that is not the only real issue here.

Beachy

Beachy

QCup Player
Mar 6, 2008
robbie mustoe said:
I still think people are over-reacting. This is young blokes hitting the piss and acting like idiots. Based on current information I think sackings would be exceptionally harsh.

Mate I understand that point of view, but surely there is a time and a place. I wouldn't have thought the middle of the finals series would be the appropriate time for elite sportsmen to be going out on a massive bender.

Seems Henjak was right - we currently have players who don't appear to be willing to make the sacrifices required. Cos it wasn't just these 3/4 players who were out getting themselves wasted ... I know of at least 2 others who had a rather large evening on Saturday night

J

Jargernaut

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
Personally, i'm not prepared to say, "Sack Them" as anything that has been officially stated lays no blame on anyone yet, and the statments keep saying that three players are helping police with their investigation. If this remains the statement until Saturday these players will more than likely play on Saturday night.

A

andirect

BRL Player
Sep 14, 2008
I trust the club to do the correct thing, either way. They know a few players are not bigger than the club as a whole, but at the same time they need to be wary of players reputations if allegations are proven to be false. I don't think anyone here knows exactly what the code of conduct is. They may well have broken it, or not. No one knows. I'm sure official word is not far off.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Major JW Hochstetter said:
subsbligh said:
In short, there is nothing to be gained by letting the accused play against the Storm on Saturday night, as much as it hurts to say it.

Absolutely.

It pains me to say it, as they are quality footballers and a major ingredient of our success, but it will be a somewhat hollow feeling watching them play on the weekend and having to cheer them on to help us to victory. But what decision the club makes now, from a business and a general moral perspective in relation to the club's own code and values, could have a long standing effect - and I think the first step in turning around general confidence, avoiding a backlash from the sponsors, fans and in particular the media (which can be very damaging), would be to stand down these players indefinately untill all is clear.

Sure it appears they may not get pinged for anything illegal, but I think we all realise now that that is not the only real issue here.

And how good would you feel if we won without them?

Or alternatively, if we won with them playing?

J

Jay-Lee

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Bit premature to say they should be sacked yet.

We need to know.

A) Whether they have breached the clubs code of conduct

and

B) What exactly they did on the night. We need facts, not speculation.

If they are deemed to have broken the clubs code of conduct then they'll have no choice but to sack them like they did with the other players.

I agree. Wait until all the facts are presented and go from there.
Speculation can only cause more damage

T

THORN12

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
I'm worried about the game. The Storm players like to play dirty and I could see them use this for sledging i.e. throwing around certain comments on the field to make our players lose concentration.

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
Beachy said:
robbie mustoe said:
I still think people are over-reacting. This is young blokes hitting the piss and acting like idiots. Based on current information I think sackings would be exceptionally harsh.

Mate I understand that point of view, but surely there is a time and a place. I wouldn't have thought the middle of the finals series would be the appropriate time for elite sportsmen to be going out on a massive bender.

Seems Henjak was right - we currently have players who don't appear to be willing to make the sacrifices required. Cos it wasn't just these 3/4 players who were out getting themselves wasted ... I know of at least 2 others who had a rather large evening on Saturday night

I agree Beachy it is disgraceful. Going out and hitting it all day a week prior to the biggest game of the season and engaging in this conduct is disgraceful, but is it worthy of sackings?

I just think people need to take a step back here. This is two of our best young players we are talking about and people just want them thrown out on their arse to go play for another club over a stupid mistake. It isn't breaking the law (most probably), it was just a really stupid and morally questionable thing to do. If they are not found guilty of commiting an illegality I don't want to see these guys' contracts terminated.

J

Jargernaut

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
subsbligh said:
And how good would you feel if we won without them?

Or alternatively, if we won with them playing?

good point, although it contradicts what i have just said, but very good point.

J

Jargernaut

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
THORN12 said:
I'm worried about the game. The Storm players like to play dirty and I could see them use this for sledging i.e. throwing around certain comments on the field to make our players lose concentration.

if they feel the need, then let them sink to that low. For me now Saturday night's result is irrelevant, the way the team takes the field holds their head up and plays a great game of footy will be worth more than a win.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
It begins, a mate of mine who is a Parra supporter has copped it from me all year. Just now he's served it up to me bigtime. mmm humble pie.

M

michael22

BRL Player
Sep 15, 2008
Just read on rugbyleaguelive.com that all players will be playing this weekend, and the police investigation will take weeks. Looking good for 2008 finals campaign at the very least.

T

THORN12

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
gUt said:
It begins, a mate of mine who is a Parra supporter has copped it from me all year. Just now he's served it up to me bigtime. mmm humble pie.

I've been copping it since yesterday from Manly supporters, saying my team are filthy dogs and how can I support them?

A

Abe The Cop

QCup Player
Mar 13, 2008
Weren't Seymour, costigasn et al. serial offenders, and thus on their last chance when they were sacked?

B

bianc

QCup Player
Jun 15, 2008
Locky asked them to have a alcohol ban for the finals. They wouldn't do it.

These blokes have no respect for their coach, their captain, and more so their club.
They have tarnished the name of our club that has prided itself with such great esteem all these years and these jerks have now made us into an embarrassment.
I cannot go and watch them play and cheer them on Saturday night. They are not proven guilty of anything but a phone camera and even that is up in the air about actual truth. Just knowing they were grubs and without respect for the club went on a drinking splurge so close to a big game proves they are not worthy of being at our club.

I feel so sorry for Wayne Bennett atm. The man has such high morals and makes such good men out of so many boys that come to our club.
He is always reaping so much praise on Hunt and this is the way he repays him. Same with Boyd and telling him he would have a home with him at Saints if he had nowhere to go.

Makes me embarrassed to be a supporter of a club I have loved for so long. To think I have never been to a Dogs game since their incident and now our club is blackened with sexual behaviour.

Take the girl out of the equation. She is not a Bronco and could screw everyone in that club for all I care. These blokes are Broncs and they know they are watched every minute.
Shame on them for doing this to our club. How big does Hunt think he is. He is not bigger than our club.

Sad sad black times for the Broncs and their supporters.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Lostboy
  • bb_gun
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • Brocko
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Old Mate
  • Galah
  • upthebroncs
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behind enemy lines
  • tajhay
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.