Sexual assault allegation

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Plus it happened before the niteclub opened too the public. There was a private function/party on. As in the club was opened early to a few select people. So technically not a public toilet so to speak. Well that's what i was lead to believe anyway.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
They had the woman who was in charge of implementing it with the NRL on radio this morning saying that clubs and the NRL had been excellent in applying zero tolerance to matters concerning behaviour towards women and she was sure they would continue in this case.

I don't know details of the policy, but it basically centres around the attitude towards women that they're not just there for sexual entertainment etc.

And you'd have to say taking a chick into the toilets for a gangbang is pretty much up there.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Aeetee said:
Plus it happened before the niteclub opened too the public. There was a private function/party on. As in the club was opened early to a few select people. So technically not a public toilet so to speak. Well that's what i was lead to believe anyway.

Doesn't change the fact the club itself has to cop a lot of blame for this, and I would SERIOUSLY love licensing authorities to go and dig up all the breaches they may have made with their protection of players and have the place shut down and the owners prosecuted.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Not protecting the club at all, just trying to show Rocky why it probably wasn't seen as a 'public' toilet that all.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I still think there are a few people here that are missing the whole point. Breaking the Law, and Breaking the code of conduct as stated in contracts are TWO completely different things.

It's not about the players anymore, it's about the club. Screw court findings etc as chances are all 3 of them will get off (and maybe the 4th) but they've put themself in a situation willingly that belittles the Broncos brand. That would be a breaking of their code of conduct.

M

michael22

BRL Player
Sep 15, 2008
Coxy said:
They had the woman who was in charge of implementing it with the NRL on radio this morning saying that clubs and the NRL had been excellent in applying zero tolerance to matters concerning behaviour towards women and she was sure they would continue in this case.

I don't know details of the policy, but it basically centres around the attitude towards women that they're not just there for sexual entertainment etc.

And you'd have to say taking a chick into the toilets for a gangbang is pretty much up there.

Yeah but where does consensual sex/gang bang fit in to it?

The girl was up for it - let's not lose sight of that. Otherwise these players would have to live a life of celibacy.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Seriously dude, don't be so thick.

Agreed. Some of the nonsense being posted is just mind bottling.. mind bottling? You know when your thoughts get all trapped up like in a bottle?

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
lockyer47 said:
schmix said:
I wish the NRL made it easier for clubs to do the right thing. Who wants to sack these guys, only to see them playing for another club next year? I know they can deregister contracts (although this rarely happens), but it would be nice if the Broncos had first dibs on the players after the suspension is over (whether that be 2, 3 years down the track). More like a 'suspension without pay' rather than an all out sacking.

No I disagree, IF the broncos are to sack Hunt (assuming alleged facts) and he is NOT the filmer, then I believe he has every right to play at any other NRL club and Broncos would have to accept that. I believe this because sacking him would be a CLUB decision, by breaching the club's code of conduct. In essence he had consensual sex with a woman in the toilet of a night club. IF any other NRL club was still happy to have them on their roster, so be it.
It would be rubbish to say he should be banned from all NRL clubs.

I guess I'm hoping that the NRL have a similar code of conduct to that of the Broncos. These players are damaging the sport as much as they are the club.

michael22 said:
The girl was up for it - let's not lose sight of that. Otherwise these players would have to live a life of celibacy.

It's been reported that after she complained last night, she had a medical exam. If she wasn't claiming rape/physical assault, then why the exam? I'm not necessarily taking her word for granted, but it's certainly not as cut and dry as "the girl was up for it".

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Apparently she originally claimed rape, but then proceeded to straighten her story to be just about the camera.

Or something like that.

A

Astroboy

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
The image of the Broncos club, a club I've been proud to suport since 1988, is at stake here. If the story is true I'm immensely disappointed that these guys who represent the Broncos, and who so many look up to, can be such complete IDIOTS! As someone else said, especially Hunt - iconic player, future captain and all. It has to be one of the darkest days in the club's history.

This is a case in which I'd be happy to see the blokes gone from the club - actually not happy, what a loss they would be, but happier than to see them keep playing and representing our great club. Anything less after getting rid of Seymore, Costigan etc would be complete hypocrisy. Unacceptable behaviour is just that, whether you're a fringe first grader or an established star. Forget the "business decisions" etc, it's a weak-minded sellout to even consider such things. The honour and reputation of the club, built largely by Wayne Bennett, means more to me than most other things about the Broncos. I would get rid of these guys if the story is true, yes even at the expense of this year's premiership. I want the Broncos to be a team I can still cheer for. A team who I can still be proud to support. We are not the Bulldogs ffs. We are the Broncos and we do not (or at least, should not) tolerate this sh!t.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I can't believe that Players of this caliber are stupid enough to do something like this.

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
I still think people are over-reacting. This is young blokes hitting the piss and acting like idiots. Based on current information I think sackings would be exceptionally harsh.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
The Broncos club themselves should have done something about the drinking culture.

Everyone seems to say that certain players are ar$eholes etc.

It's like the club is the 3 monkeys.

Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I get the feeling there could be a "long term" decision made here ala Carney.

Hunt and Thaiday (and Boyd but he's leaving so who cares) stood down for this week and fined. If that doesn't teach them a lesson that although Rugby League has provided them so much, and that it can so quickly take it away; then nothing will.

These two blokes are supposed to be the next leaders of our club into the next decade!! Notwithstanding that the sexual assault might be all an invention, what were they doing out getting boozed 6 days before a major semi final!!

As much as it sucks, tough love might be needed here. What's the alternative? They play against the Storm with a half baked preparation and with other things on their minds and get tonked anyway. Broncos fans feel resentment and disgust at some of our favourties and an almost total loss of respect. By the very fact that us fans are sitting here talking about a sexual assault allegation rather than getting psyched for the biggest game of the past 2 seasons is such a close indication of where not only our minds are at but the players.

In short, there is nothing to be gained by letting the accused play against the Storm on Saturday night, as much as it hurts to say it.

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Hope this incident doesn't hang over our heads in the years to come like it has to the Dogs.

And I hope Santa Claus brings me a Playstation 3 for Christmas.

People still aren't over Super league

N

NPK

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
If they get sacked, would they just snapped up by another NRL team?? That would really punish the Broncos more than the sacked players.

On another note, do any of the 3 named players have partners? I thought Boyd had a girlfriend??

B

broncoangel

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not going to get into any debates here.

But I know how I feel, and I am utterly disgusted. It makes me feel sick, all of it. Who knows if they are going to be charged, but as others have said it has tarnished the broncos. I have lost all respect for these players. Especially K and Sam, I can't believe how stupid they were! They had such a big future ahead of them, they had so many young kids looking up to them.
I know footy players aren't angels, and yes they do have to have a private life, but FFS, if it is true (even if they aren't charged) you don't cross the line like that.
It's not what the Broncos are about. It's not what WB and Locky have instilled in them. But we only heard about this cause of an alleged complaint, who knows how long stuff like this has been going on? I'll still follow the team, but it's going to take me awhile to care anything about the players.
I don't know what the club is going to do, but it has left me with a hollow feeling and I can't even start to get excited about Saturdays game.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Astroboy said:
The image of the Broncos club, a club I've been proud to suport since 1988, is at stake here. If the story is true I'm immensely disappointed that these guys who represent the Broncos, and who so many look up to, can be such complete IDIOTS! As someone else said, especially Hunt - iconic player, future captain and all. It has to be one of the darkest days in the club's history.

This is a case in which I'd be happy to see the blokes gone from the club - actually not happy, what a loss they would be, but happier than to see them keep playing and representing our great club. Anything less after getting rid of Seymore, Costigan etc would be complete hypocrisy. Unacceptable behaviour is just that, whether you're a fringe first grader or an established star. Forget the "business decisions" etc, it's a weak-minded sellout to even consider such things. The honour and reputation of the club, built largely by Wayne Bennett, means more to me than most other things about the Broncos. I would get rid of these guys if the story is true, yes even at the expense of this year's premiership. I want the Broncos to be a team I can still cheer for. A team who I can still be proud to support. We are not the Bulldogs ffs. We are the Broncos and we do not (or at least, should not) tolerate this sh!t.

I'm afraid I agree but I think unless the assault claim is substantiated then sacking them is too harsh. Suspension for this week and fine will be enough of a lesson (if in fact they are able to show their faces at the club ever again).

Active Now

• upthebroncs
  • Bucking Beads
  • leon.bott
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Maddy
  • IceWorks
  • Galah
  • Mr Fourex
  • Lostboy
  • phoenix
  • Dexter
  • Justwin
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Financeguy
  • the_next
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • TimWhatley
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.