Sexual assault allegation

Steve

Steve

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
I'm the same Beads. Still waiting to see what info comes out between now and game day before deciding if I want to spend my money and get along to this game.

I'm a bit torn, because I do want to support TC, Bennett and the other guys...just hard.

I've said it so many times in the last few days but I feel everyone needs to understand - The Club is bigger than any player. There were a select few who decided to disregard the requests of the skipper and have now backed the organisation into a corner. I'll be going along to cheer on the rest of the team because it's those boys who deserve the support. Not to mention its Bennett and Carrol's last gamr at Suncorp as well as a few others who are moving on next year.

The fans should go along and support the team. Christ they need it at the moment [icon_frown

M

michael22

BRL Player
Sep 15, 2008
Robbie Mustoe is the voice of reason.

The hype and moral outrage flying around is a bit much.

Unfounded allegations from a girl who went into a cubicle with 3 men shouldn't result in broncos fans booing their own team in the most important game of the year.

If you support your team you should support them always, not act like a fair weather sailor.

T

THORN12

NYC Player
Mar 4, 2008
I just got an email confirming my registration as a 2009 season member. I wasn't that excited.

A

Argus

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
mal said:
robbie mustoe said:
mal said:
My fair share of Boo's will be given to Hunt, especially considering I am right behind teh goal-line.

I want him to realise how much he has let down his fans.

That would be a disgraceful act.

Any why is it disgraceful? As far as I am concerned he is not fit to put on the Broncos jumper this weekend and until the fans get an apology and have seen him change for the better it is my right as a fan to let a team/individual player know I am dissapointed with their actions.

It's not all flowers and sunshine, stop sugar-coating something because they're in maroon and yellow.

I'm with you Mal.......

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
michael22 said:

Unfounded allegations from a girl who went into a cubicle with 3 men shouldn't result in broncos fans booing their own team in the most important game of the year.

If you support your team you should support them always, not act like a fair weather sailor.

So you have no problem with crucial team members being on the turps and getting in this sort of situation 24 hours after a semi final win and still 3 weeks out from the Grand Final?

I look at the Melbourne players and the fact they put themselves on a drinking ban because they're committed to winning the premiership and I think ****, why don't we have a team with that sort of dedication and culture?

THAT'S my problem.

A

Argus

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
michael22 said:

Not booing the team just those who spend too much time in public toilets.

M

michael22

BRL Player
Sep 15, 2008
Coxy said:
michael22 said:

So you have no problem with crucial team members being on the turps and getting in this sort of situation 24 hours after a semi final win and still 3 weeks out from the Grand Final?

I look at the Melbourne players and the fact they put themselves on a drinking ban because they're committed to winning the premiership and I think ****, why don't we have a team with that sort of dedication and culture?

THAT'S my problem.

I totally agree, the Broncos should be on an alcohol ban and if they were serious and wanted the premiership enough they would have.

But the fact of the matter is they don't have one in place so what they did wasn't wrong. Smacked of a lack of commitment to the cause, but it wasn't against any rules.

And in the wider scheme of things it is an example of the hard drinking issues that face our culture on a national scale and is a much bigger issue to be discussed elsewhere.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
LOL! Society's to blame. Had to be said eventually.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
michael22 said:

The more and more it is discussed the more I lean towards suspension until further notice. With this hanging over our heads Saturday night will be mixed emotions.

A team lead by Darren Lockyer and Tonie Carroll without "The Valley 3" I will give a standing ovation for, and be incredibly proud of. It's not about the morality of what they allegedly did, it's about the lesson those players need to learn and the message to be sent out to the rest of the Rugby League community and to young players coming through our club that we are a proud, community and family club that won't tolerate any direspect or utterly disgraceful behaviour from its players.

To know we are part of a club that could make the toughest decision, would make me incredibly proud - more proud than if we smashed the Storm with those players.

M

michael22

BRL Player
Sep 15, 2008
Coxy said:

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm not blaming anyone or anything because I think ultimately they didn't really do anything wrong.

But again they are all young men - and young men drink hard every weekend. It is the "Australian-way".

Yes they are playing in the NRL finals and they SHOULD be off the drink. I agree with that. But obviously their resistance to this is because of the drinking culture that is so strong with the bulk of people in that age group.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Coxy said:
Well Beads, I'm pretty much 100% sure the sex thing happened. Nobody seems to be denying sex took place with her in that toilet. And that's really what I'm pissed off about. That that sort of behaviour is happening 24 hours after a tough finals game, and with tougher games to come. In Wayne and TC's testimonial year.

Just total disrespect for the Brisbane Broncos shown by all 3.

If there's criminal charges out of it, that's just an extra bitter blow for me.

So to answer mrslong: yes, I'd rather go and watch us get flogged without 3 of our key players, than go along and cheer a win with 3 grubs in the team.
This is what upsets me too. It probably wouldn't matter so much if it Mad Monday, it'd still be disgusting behaviour on all counts, but at least you would only be putting your own reputation and career on the line.

If Wayne has the guys on the field I'm sure he'll have his reasons, I trust his judgement more than anyone else's on the issue...particularly when it appears to me that he is the main victim.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
michael22 said:
Coxy said:

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm not blaming anyone or anything because I think ultimately they didn't really do anything wrong.

But again they are all young men - and young men drink hard every weekend. It is the "Australian-way".

So you'd have no problem getting your gear off and having 2nd or 3rd go at a girl in a public toilet? It's just the "Australian way"?

Nothing wrong with that?

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Coxy said:
michael22 said:

THAT'S my problem.

And moreso because it was the club's captain and the most respected player in League who suggested it (I won't say pleaded because that would be OTT) and obviously a group of players not only questioned his knowledge and experience on the question of what it takes to win a premiership but totally disrespected him but not wholeheartedly supporting him

M

michael22

BRL Player
Sep 15, 2008
Coxy said:
michael22 said:
Coxy said:

So you'd have no problem getting your gear off and having 2nd or 3rd go at a girl in a public toilet? It's just the "Australian way"?

Nothing wrong with that?

Depends on the circumstances. I'd say if I was out with good friends getting on the drink and going with the flow of things I would have done exactly what they did. And the bulk of guys in the 18-25 age range that go clubbing and drinking would do the same thing.

Lets not kid ourselves - this sort of thing happens every weekend with rugby league players, from all teams. They are young, cashed up guys who have attention from women. And just as in other professions they can drink hard one night a week and it wont affect their performance at work.

They really aren't doing anything out of the usual.

Anyone who is saying otherwise is obviously detached from reality.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Cool. Just establishing beyond reasonable doubt that you're a **** so we can happily ignore your opinion.

Thanks for playing.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Coxy said:
michael22 said:
Coxy said:

Nothing wrong with that?
ghastly.

M

michael22

BRL Player
Sep 15, 2008
Coxy said:
Cool. Just establishing beyond reasonable doubt that you're a **** so we can happily ignore your opinion.

Thanks for playing.

I'm realistic.

B

broncos85

BRL Player
May 1, 2008
The Rock said:
Look, if they did have sex with this girl in the toilet and nothing else happened, then I am not TOO pissed off with them. They'd be idiots for doing it anyway knowing what sort of trouble that can spike, but at the end of the day they aren't breaking the law and they probably aren't breaking the clubs code of conduct by having sex with a girl in a public toilet.

However, if anything else went on like taking the picture or other forms of sexual assault then they can go jump.

BUT - if they are found innocent, then I'll be more disappointed rather than angry about the whole situation.

That pretty much sums up my feelings about the whole incident. Im also annoyed they were drinking during the finals!

Unread

Active Now

• eggstar10
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.