Sexual assault allegation

A

Argus

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008

The more and more it is discussed the more I lean towards suspension until further notice. With this hanging over our heads Saturday night will be mixed emotions.

A team lead by Darren Lockyer and Tonie Carroll without "The Valley 3" I will give a standing ovation for, and be incredibly proud of. It's not about the morality of what they allegedly did, it's about the lesson those players need to learn and the message to be sent out to the rest of the Rugby League community and to young players coming through our club that we are a proud, community and family club that won't tolerate any direspect or utterly disgraceful behaviour from its players.

To know we are part of a club that could make the toughest decision, would make me incredibly proud - more proud than if we smashed the Storm with those players.[/quote]

The best post on the subject and the best outcome. [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi [eusa_clap.gi

I'll definitely join in the standing ovation if this is the outcome.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
michael22 said:
Coxy said:
michael22 said:
Coxy said:
LOL! Society's to blame. Had to be said eventually.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm not blaming anyone or anything because I think ultimately they didn't really do anything wrong.

But again they are all young men - and young men drink hard every weekend. It is the "Australian-way".

So you'd have no problem getting your gear off and having 2nd or 3rd go at a girl in a public toilet? It's just the "Australian way"?

Nothing wrong with that?

Depends on the circumstances. I'd say if I was out with good friends getting on the drink and going with the flow of things I would have done exactly what they did. And the bulk of guys in the 18-25 age range that go clubbing and drinking would do the same thing.

Lets not kid ourselves - this sort of thing happens every weekend with rugby league players, from all teams. They are young, cashed up guys who have attention from women. And just as in other professions they can drink hard one night a week and it wont affect their performance at work.

They really aren't doing anything out of the usual.

Anyone who is saying otherwise is obviously detached from reality.

I can assure you that a number of corporate sponsors and fans with families would not agree with your view

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
robbie mustoe said:
mal said:
[quote="robbie mustoe":l36ufz4j]
mal said:
My fair share of Boo's will be given to Hunt, especially considering I am right behind teh goal-line.

I want him to realise how much he has let down his fans.

That would be a disgraceful act.

Any why is it disgraceful? As far as I am concerned he is not fit to put on the Broncos jumper this weekend and until the fans get an apology and have seen him change for the better it is my right as a fan to let a team/individual player know I am dissapointed with their actions.

It's not all flowers and sunshine, stop sugar-coating something because they're in maroon and yellow.

I'm not saying you have to sugar-coat it, but to go to the game and boo a player who has given 100% for the Broncos for years every time he has played and helped us win a premiership because you don't agree with something he has allegedly been involved in is a dead set dog act.

The way some people are talking in this thread you would think noone has ever made a drunken mistake.[/quote:l36ufz4j]

But he hasn't given the Broncos 100%? It is noted quite often that Hunt hits hit hard and acts like a douche bag when he does, and this time he has crossed the line (Well maybe he many times before but this time he got caught?) How does that give 100% to the Broncos by tarnishing this great clubs name?

I think it's a bit beyond "alleged" anymore. They were involved in group sex in a public toilet (closed off or not) and THAT givse the Broncos a bad name, and that I wont stand for. Yes Hunt has given us alot, but we have given him just as much if not more. We have taken him under our wing, supported him, paid him, given him QLD and Rep honours and the youngest 100 first grade games record and this what he does with his fame? Please.... I don't give a **** if he did it and he was some joe-blow worker, it doesn't effect me or a club I support.

What he has done has done it under the Broncos name, nowhere does it say "Karmichael Hunt involved in sex scandel" or "Hunt allegedly involved in sexual assault".. It says "Broncos involved.." Sexual Assault, Broncos". THAT I will boo him for.

Players like Lockyer, Civo, Stagg, Carroll, Kemp, Moon, Wallace are players I want to stand up and cheer for-

S

Sabu_2008

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
If Hunt, Thaiday and Boyd play this weekend, I wont watch. I'm that disappointed in them.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I am just staggered by the amount of ppl who accept that going into a toilet and having 3 on 1 sex is ok or acceptable.
I must be in one hell of a generation gap.

As far as the players are concerned make no mistake, they are dead men walking. There is no way our club can or should stand by them.

michael 22, how old are you mate? Your naivity is incedible.

Go back and read Coxys' posts a few times because as he said you just don't get it.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Sabu_2008 said:
If Hunt, Thaiday and Boyd play this weekend, I wont watch. I'm that disappointed in them.

Seriously this comment hits the core.

Sabu from what he's said in various forums is a pretty big partier himself, and even HE can't condone this sort of stuff from professional sportspeople, at this time of year.

J

Jeff86

Sep 14, 2008
5000 posts on a forum doesn't make u a fan, u don't even have a ticket to the biggest game in 2 years.
The broncos don't need fans like you. You lonely, pathetic fool.
Innocent until proven guilty.

I'll be at the game as usual cheering as loud as ever.
Go Broncos! Go Hunt! Go Thaiday! And to a lesser extent go Boyd (only cos i think ur rubbish not cos u allegedly sexually assaulted someone)

A

Argus

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
If alcohol fuelled players particpating in 3 on 1 sex in a public toilet in between finals games is not considered a breach of the clubs code of conduct then I think the club has a major problem.

M

michael22

BRL Player
Sep 15, 2008
Dexter said:
I am just staggered by the amount of ppl who accept that going into a toilet and having 3 on 1 sex is ok or acceptable.

As far as the players are concerned make no mistake, they are dead men walking. There is no way our club can or should stand by them.

Go back and read Coxys' posts a few times because as he said you just don't get it.

You're saying this based on a moral or religious point of view that frankly most teenage/early 20's simply do not have.

This behaviour they have engaged in wouldn't register on most peoples "outrage" radar in that age group. In fact I advocate that a lot of them either enagage in it themselves or know others that do.

It is nothing out of the ordinary.

I am talking about what actually went down here. It happens with players from all clubs.

I have seen Willie mason & Michael Crocker absolutely chewing their faces off in nightclubs wasted on god knows what. This is nothing new.

Everyone is on their moral high horse here, but for all the posturing and trying to claim that they expect more at the end of the day the fact of the matter is these players are products of their generation and they are behaving accordingly.

Who knows what other players in the team have gotten up to. I guarantee you that every player in the NRL at some stage or another has done something that could warrant a media beat up, just most of the time they "get away with it".

It is not me who is naive here...

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Jeff86 said:
5000 posts on a forum doesn't make u a fan, u don't even have a ticket to the biggest game in 2 years.

Go Broncos! Go Hunt! Go Thaiday! And to a lesser extent go Boyd (only cos i think ur rubbish not cos u allegedly sexually assaulted someone)

[icon_non oh man.

You don't get it. The repurcussions are huge for the Broncos on this.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I think you'll find we dont give a flying **** about what Mason and Crocker do- it's got nothing to do with our team. And you are right, when you use "nothing out of the ordinary"- these players arn't ORDINARY, they are in the spot-light.

So when one of our players get caught popping pills in the Valley you will sit here and say "Nothing out of the ordinary, everyone does it.."

Seriously, how short-sighted are you? You are like Frank the Tank and footymad reincarnated. I don't know how you can call yourself a fan when you can so easily let someone drag your supposide clubs name through the dirt and still feel right cheering them on. That I cannot comprehend.

A

Argus

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Jeff86 said:

As a long term member I would say that the Broncos don't need fans like you. Luckily I believe you are in the minority when it comes to Broncos Fans.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
its a sad reflection on this generation that ppl can say "its nothing out of the ordinary for a chick to take 3 guys into a bathroom" lol. far out... regardless of the camera incident, she is nothing but a cheap skank, blowing off 3 guys in a toilet, and wat does it say about them too... pretty homo if u ask me

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I havent' read any pages since like 14, because frankly i coudln't be arsed.

If the Broncos don't at the very least stand these 3 blokes down this weekend I will find it hard to support the club because frankly it reeks of double standards. Lacey, Te Reo, Seymour and Costigan got the arse for a hell of a lot less, before any charges were even laid and because these 3 guys are guns it seems the club is willing to let them play. It is pretty poor form actually.

Grill me all you want saying i'm not a true fan or whatever, I don't give a **** it's my opinion, and if you don't like it too bad.

In saying that however, if the 3 get off (lol) the charges fair play. Innocent until proven guilty. But i think it is not only a blight on the club if the 3 play this weekend, but rugby league.

Is a semi-final more important than a reputation?

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
mal said:
robbie mustoe said:
mal said:
[quote="robbie mustoe":1kbooey6]
mal said:
My fair share of Boo's will be given to Hunt, especially considering I am right behind teh goal-line.

I want him to realise how much he has let down his fans.

That would be a disgraceful act.

Any why is it disgraceful? As far as I am concerned he is not fit to put on the Broncos jumper this weekend and until the fans get an apology and have seen him change for the better it is my right as a fan to let a team/individual player know I am dissapointed with their actions.

It's not all flowers and sunshine, stop sugar-coating something because they're in maroon and yellow.

I'm not saying you have to sugar-coat it, but to go to the game and boo a player who has given 100% for the Broncos for years every time he has played and helped us win a premiership because you don't agree with something he has allegedly been involved in is a dead set dog act.

The way some people are talking in this thread you would think noone has ever made a drunken mistake.

But he hasn't given the Broncos 100%? It is noted quite often that Hunt hits hit hard and acts like a douche bag when he does, and this time he has crossed the line (Well maybe he many times before but this time he got caught?) How does that give 100% to the Broncos by tarnishing this great clubs name?

I think it's a bit beyond "alleged" anymore. They were involved in group sex in a public toilet (closed off or not) and THAT givse the Broncos a bad name, and that I wont stand for. Yes Hunt has given us alot, but we have given him just as much if not more. We have taken him under our wing, supported him, paid him, given him QLD and Rep honours and the youngest 100 first grade games record and this what he does with his fame? Please.... I don't give a **** if he did it and he was some joe-blow worker, it doesn't effect me or a club I support.

What he has done has done it under the Broncos name, nowhere does it say "Karmichael Hunt involved in sex scandel" or "Hunt allegedly involved in sexual assault".. It says "Broncos involved.." Sexual Assault, Broncos". THAT I will boo him for.

Players like Lockyer, Civo, Stagg, Carroll, Kemp, Moon, Wallace are players I want to stand up and cheer for-[/quote:1kbooey6]

You will stand up and cheer a player like Wallace who has played average football for the club for 6 months and yet boo Karmichael? I've been going to every home game for years and watching Hunt put his body on the line every week for the team. He tries his guts out every week, perhaps more than any other player. I would say that out of all of our players he noticably cares about the performance of the team more than any other.

Any fan who is prepared to turn their back on him and boo him because they disagree with his questionable sexual conduct is pathetic. These blokes are young and made a mistake. If criminal charges are laid and proven I will accept their dismissal, however if no charges are put up against them I would be disgusted if they were sacked.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
michael22 said:
Dexter said:

You're saying this based on a moral or religious point of view that frankly most teenage/early 20's simply do not have.

This behaviour they have engaged in wouldn't register on most peoples "outrage" radar in that age group. In fact I advocate that a lot of them either enagage in it themselves or know others that do.

It is nothing out of the ordinary.

I am talking about what actually went down here. It happens with players from all clubs.

I have seen Willie mason & Michael Crocker absolutely chewing their faces off in nightclubs wasted on god knows what. This is nothing new.

Everyone is on their moral high horse here, but for all the posturing and trying to claim that they expect more at the end of the day the fact of the matter is these players are products of their generation and they are behaving accordingly.

Who knows what other players in the team have gotten up to. I guarantee you that every player in the NRL at some stage or another has done something that could warrant a media beat up, just most of the time they "get away with it".

It is not me who is naive here...

How would you know what is representative of most teenagaers / early 20 something kids.
My thoughts are based on common decency and nothing else, if you think this type of behaviour is ok then good on you, you must be proud.

One day you may have a daughter who thinks the same as you, maybe then you will have a different perspective on things.

M

michael22

BRL Player
Sep 15, 2008
mal said:
Seriously, how short-sighted are you? You are like Frank the Tank and footymad reincarnated. I don't know how you can call yourself a fan when you can so easily let someone drag your supposide clubs name through the dirt and still feel right cheering them on. That I cannot comprehend.

Because personally I don't think they did anything wrong.

Society is far too conservative and all hung up on these things, and it all stems back to religious beliefs that no-one that I associate with uphold. Morals by and large are a by product of religion. I don't like them being judged on that.

Their names may be dragged through the mud by the standards and morals you impose upon them, but from where I sit I say good on them, I would be doing the same thing if I was them.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Rock, I think you misderstood what I have been saying.

It's not about breaking laws (it never has been). It's about giving the club I support a bad name, you only need to go venture on a few opposition forums to see the mud that is being thrown.

That I am sickened by. I will be cheering my team. I will be booing the players who spat on the jersey.

Unread

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.