Sexual assault allegation

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Rape allegation

Remember guys I'm hearing things 3 or 4th hand.

And I pray that my 'contact' is geeing me up and that he has been feeding me BS. He owes me one so you never know.

My guess is nothing will come of this and she will keep quite. I for one hope she doesn't.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008

Jebadude said:
If this is true, I will withdraw my season ticket application for next year.

Hmmmm if they kick the players to do this- leave that application in. It's not the clubs fault. Punishing the club for actions of an individual is probably not the right way to go about it... and if everyone did it we could well end up like the Bulldogs have this year.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008

mal said:
Jebadude said:
If this is true, I will withdraw my season ticket application for next year.

Hmmmm if they kick the players to do this- leave that application in. It's not the clubs fault. Punishing the club for actions of an individual is probably not the right way to go about it... and if everyone did it we could well end up like the Bulldogs have this year.

I see where you're coming from mate but that's my way of not putting up with this sort of shit.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008

Yeah I understand, I just don't know what the Broncos can do to avoid something like this IF we have these fuckstains in our club.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I know tee is mates with the owner of a prominent valley night club. Could be the source. But then that club owner could be pissing in the wind too.

And jeb, are you serious? What if the broncos sack them as they've done with incidents in recent years? Don't be a drama queen before you get the facts.

J

Jay-Lee

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008

I really want to know which players are involved. :|

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008

Coxy said:
And jeb, are you serious? What if the broncos sack them as they've done with incidents in recent years? Don't be a drama queen before you get the facts.

Oh **** mate. I said IF found guilty. I didn't say I was ringing the club tomorrow to withdraw my application. FFS stop throwing the tomatoes, gather the facts up yourself. You only needed to read my post properly to do that.

D

Dominic

BRL Player
Mar 15, 2008

I am as passionate as any Broncos supporter, but at the end of the day its only a game.If the girl has been raped Im prepared to lose any player thats involved, whether it be Lockyer or a rookie.Sickening.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008

What about some posters here that called the Bulldogs club scum for that alleged rape.

Our team could be scum as well.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

jeb, yeah, you said if found guilty. But what if the broncos turf them? Is it the club's fault if it has players that behave like this?

At least the club deals with it now. The shit the club let some former players get away with was disgusting. Didn't stop you being a fan did it?

Would you feel better if it was all covered up like back then?

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008

If this is true and the club doesn't sack them immediately then I will have to seriously re-consider my support for them in any way. However I am holding off on making any judgements or taking any action until a) the allegation is proven to be true and if so b) I see what action the club takes. As other's have said I'm not going to judge or stop supporting the club for the actions of individual players, but by what the club does in regards to the situation.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Kaz said:
What about some posters here that called the Bulldogs club scum for that alleged rape.

You're right. They certainly could be.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Kaz said:

Yep. And if the broncos attempt to cover it up or don't maintain their track record of sacking players who behave like this, it'll be deserved.

D

Dominic

BRL Player
Mar 15, 2008

Coxy said:
jeb, yeah, you said if found guilty. But what if the broncos turf them? Is it the club's fault if it has players that behave like this?

At least the club deals with it now. The shit the club let some former players get away with was disgusting. Didn't stop you being a fan did it?

If your commenting on allegations other than Berrigan and Dell I'd sure love to hear them..... [icon_wink

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008

Coxy said:

Look, if the Broncos turf them, you beauty. But as a loyal fan of this club and season ticket holder for the last 6 years I'd also want to show these players how much disappointment they have caused. If that affects the Broncos club, well that's tough. I won't stop being a fan.

Anyway, people react to situations in different ways and STFU if you think I am just being a drama queen.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008

I reckon i could tell you straight up who 2 of them are... i have heard stories first hand from some of my girl friends which are not flattering at all. One is definitely not who you would expect.

If this is true then this has been coming for a while...

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008

This is all very bad, etc. However I do get surprised by the "passion" in people's posts.

I mean, honestly, they are people, with great attributes and serious flaws. What they have been alleged of doing is completly unexceptable, but are you really "shocked"? Like really "shocked"?

This lends weight to my age old problem with people making heroes out of uneducated footballers. The vast majority of these guys have no education nor social skills. People beg for their attention, swamp them for autographs and admiration. In effect, turn them into demi-gods.

I for one, have never been like that. Same when I meet actors, etc. They are just people. They are you, if you played more sport as a kid. They aren't some heroic icon. They don't save lives.

I always shake my head and LOLZ at teens and 20-something girls swooning at footballers in clubs and after games, or even still at the tight shirted twit in the pub, with the slick hair and ladies-man look. Young girls love that shit for some reason that is beyone me, then they are surprised when they get treated wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all ladies-men are like that, but on any given night, there are thousands across the city and thousands of girls throwing themselves at them. Some from this very forum.

You wonder, at what point in a girl's life does she see the wolf in the sheep's clothing?

/tangent.

P.S. I in no way condone this alleged act, just would love to work out the brains of young women.

Unread

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Browny
  • Scdeac
  • Sproj
  • Alec
  • Manlyman
  • Waynesaurus
  • Galah
  • Skathen
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ironbroncos
  • Ejbroncos
  • Battler
  • Old Mate
  • broncs30
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.