Sexual assault allegation

It's bad enough that most posters on this forum don't bother reading what other people post, but it gets worse in threads like this one.

THORN12 said:
Channel 10 just reported.....
Betting on the Broncos and the finals have been frozen.
A formal complaint was made this morning.
The Broncos will make a statement this afternoon.

Thanks for the info Suze (Channel 10 insider [icon_razz1 ).

I guess we just have to wait for more information, and if the investigation takes more than 6 days, I'm not sure how or if that'll affect the team for this Sat night's game...

Absolutely. It propagates incorrect facts. Again think back to the Bulldogs scandal...so much misinformation became accepted as truth despite being proven false early on.

This has the potential to ruin people's lives. People need to be careful with what they say, whether it's opinion based on personal experience or not.

bianc said:
Days are long. Story Bridge first and kicked out of there to go onto another place doesn't sound like they were totally sober Beads.
Hey I agree with Steve. Way out of hand here. People blaming women for getting drunk and being the type to get into trouble and all the rest. FFS!

It does happen but..

Im not casting judgement about this case cause I dont know any of the facts and neither does anyone on here but in some instances womens claims are proven false.

Rape/ sexual assualt is the lowest of all acts by any human being and I dotn want to be taking away from the seriousness of the action. I persoanlly believe you should receive a life sentence as you have placed a life sentence on your victim. But in some cases women have do fabricate these allegations for whatever reason.

All im saying is it does happen in some cases and its naieve to believe it doesnt.

:roll: Because I merely thanked Coxy for saving me the need to go back and quote his initial thread which mentioned that the players weren't kicked out? And if I'm not mistaken, I'm not the only one who made reference to the fact that it had already been mentioned...

Coxy said:
Absolutely. It propagates incorrect facts. Again think back to the Bulldogs scandal...so much misinformation became accepted as truth despite being proven false early on.

This has the potential to ruin people's lives. People need to be careful with what they say, whether it's opinion based on personal experience or not.

Headlines have already started.

This is going to be an awful week if the allegations prove to be true. This club has worked hard to maintain its good image. The stupid actions of a select few could have undone it all in an instant.

I'm glad the club will be making a statement this afternoon. The fans have clearly worked themselves into a frenzy and the inuendo is damaging. Does anyone know when the statement is likely to be made?

mrslong said:
I was once a young woman partying in the nightclubs, if you are smart you don't get yourselves into these kind of situations unless you have had about 50 tequilas (oops). She wouldn't be completely innocent. Not saying she was asking for it, just saying there are types of chicks who get themselves in to trouble.

Ah I had a friend who didn't have anyting to drink but would happily have thrown herself at any footballer.....she's a loser...

don't be surprised if players are stood down indefinitely regardless of whether or not they've been charged. if the broncos have enough "inside" information to put the players near the alleged incident, the won't hesitate as shown in the past. it could be any ugly week, resulting in a stain on the club and our exit from this years comp :(

andirect said:
don't be surprised if players are stood down indefinitely regardless of whether or not they've been charged. if the broncos have enough "inside" information to put the players near the alleged incident, the won't hesitate as shown in the past. it could be any ugly week, resulting in a stain on the club and our exit from this years comp :(

I think the majority of fans would be happy to see players stood down. I'm always of the belief that no single player is bigger than the club. And the reputation and good character of the club is what's at stake. If the Broncos believe they have enough evidence they should definitely be stood down.

God can you imagine how Wayne Bennett is feeling right now? I've read he doesn't believe he coaches footballers - he coaches people. He is very big on setting young men on the right path in life. He's be gutted today.

andirect said:
If they stand the players down indefinitely it will bode well for the club's reputation. Only if they cover it up will their be a "stain".

Oh my, but those players will be the reason WB is not sent out on a win, they'll never forgive themselves and will be run out of Brisbane if proven guilty [icon_non

Yep, the 2008 premiership is not worth as much as the Broncos reputation in 2009, 2019 etc etc. I'd rather sacrifice this year's premiership than succumb to being yet another football club that puts winning ahead of doing what's right.

That is, of course, if there's anything in this that deserves such action from the club. It's all still sketchy allegations and hearsay!

I'm not sure how I feel about standing players down with really no evidence of them having done anything wrong. Yes, I know Greg Bird was stood down, but I think that was more as a result of it being proven that he had lied, not only to the club, but also to police. What if players are stood down and then in a weeks time the alleged victim declares that the allegations were false? You've punished the players and the club for absolutely nothing.

This all seems a little suss.

If you were going to make a formal complaint why not do it when you initially speak to the police and have the examination. (Fresh in the mind etcetc)

Maybe she's waiting to give the "exclusive" to Danny widearse and the rest of the mudflingers.

I anit saying she's a gold digger.......

Yeah, Bird was stood down because his missus had huge friggin' cuts over her face from a smashed glass, and he was the only person who could've done it.

The evidence in this case will reveal that yes, one or more people had sex with this woman but that's not a crime in itself.

The Broncos will have to tread so carefully. For one thing they can't prejudice the individual players' cases by sacking them based on little evidence. Lots will depend on what information the police give the Broncos, as well as the players themselves.

totally agree about not standing players down if there's no evidence. it would be stupid to hang them out to dry and tarnish reputations forever. however like i said, if the broncos have enough information from the police or reliable sources close to the club, they will stand them down.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.