Not open for further replies.
Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
john1420 said:
draggx said:
john1420 said:
Life aint black and white guys. And even worse, people actually have different opinions from each other [icon_ee

The bit that I really don't understand is how you all can attack each other and personalise this discussion so much [icon_thumbs_do

Calling each other all the names under the sun because you have differing opinions?

Are you all so blinded by your own beleif system that you can't even stop for a moment to consider the possibility that the other guy might just have a point? eusa_think

Wrong Broncos site, we aren't Denver ;)..............

Is that why none of your posts make sense?

Nah, I just liked the avatar :)

All good just trying to lighten the mood. Haha

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
you hate me personally despite never meeting me.

Drama queen????? [icon_lol1. I don't hate you personally, you're a bloke on a forum who I happen to think is an idiot [icon_lol1.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Jeba said:
Anonymous person said:
you hate me personally despite never meeting me.

Drama queen????? [icon_lol1. I don't hate you personally, you're a bloke on a forum who I happen to think is an idiot [icon_lol1.
Of course, that's why you message randoms thinking they're me "challenging" me to meet up lol.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Let's get back on track, guys.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Anonymous person said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Anonymous person":18dgdcz8] you hate me personally despite never meeting me.

Of course, that's why you message randoms thinking they're me "challenging" me to meet up lol.[/quote:18dgdcz8]

[icon_lol1. Get over yourself!!

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Shaun "The Terminator" Metcalf.

And just like the terminators in the movies, he failed to terminate his target.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ZOMG.

My letter of complaint about the signing of Shaun Metcalf from the Warriors:

I am absolutely disgusted by the NZ Warriors decision to sign Shaun Metcalf. What message does this send to the community about the game's attitude to violence against women when a man who coldly lured his ex-girlfriend to a park and tried to kick to death his unborn child in her stomach.

How can the NRL reconcile that and register this contract?

As a supporter, I most certainly can not. I will not watch any game involving the New Zealand Warriors until this piece of scum is cut free from the club and the NRL applies a life ban to him and anyone else convicted of such serious offences.

Playing in the NRL is a privilege. Not a right. He has the right to a second chance at life having served his time. He does NOT deserve a privilege like this.

And the NRL's response?

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your email. We appreciate you taking the time to write in to us.

We certainly understand the concerns you have raised and agree with you that problem gambling can be destructive. While you may not agree with sport having relationships with betting agencies, it is a commercial reality with sport that people will bet on games and betting agencies will seek to advertise their services. This is not only the case for Rugby League but for most major sporting bodies around the country.

In terms of sports betting agencies advertising during Rugby League broadcasts, this is entirely at the network's discretion and is a commercial decision on their part. Anything said by the commentators in relation to sports betting is also at the network's discretion.

There is no denying that betting has become a source of revenue for NRL Clubs and the NRL does its part to educate its players and send out the correct messages with regards to betting. We require all players entering the Toyota Cup level to undertake compulsory Responsible Gambling workshops, which are reinforced in similar workshops throughout their NRL careers. Players also have access to counseling services should they be required and we have strict rules preventing players and officials having any part in betting on Rugby League.

Certainly you have made your views clear. We respect your right to them and I am happy to register your comments.

Thanks again for your feedback on this issue.

Kind regards,

Elke, NRL

*whoosh*

tumblr_leutioX0PS1qf8yek.gif

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hahahaha what a Mickey mouse organization. How do you mix up gambling and kicking a pregnant lady. Send it to Tracey Grimshaw lolz

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I did get a response after that.

LOLZ

Hi Chris,

Yes I did read your email and I do sincerely apologise for sending you the wrong email.

Thank you for your email.

We certainly understand your position. There is no excusing Shaun's actions and it is something he will have to live with for the rest of his life.

While there is no excuse for his behaviour there is also an opportunity for the game to assist in helping him rebuild this life. It is not a decision that has been entered into lightly by the Warriors in signing the player. He understands the chance he has been given by the Warriors club.

In the seven years since this terrible attack occurred Shaun was sentenced to 18 months in jail and he has been involved in an extensive rehabilitation process.

He was only allowed to return to play in the local NZRL after detailed approaches from experts in social and justice bodies involved in his rehabilitation outlined the importance of him being given a second chance in an environment he was capable of achieving in.

The NZRL has also spoken with the young girl and her family. The NZRL understands that the family does not feel he should be able to play football again but that experts believed the best way for Shaun to succeed in his rehabilitation was to again play sport.

It is only recently that the Australian Government lifted the ban on Shaun entering Australia and having been given detailed accounts of his rehabilitation path the NZ Warriors have offered him a contract.

He has served a punishment for his crime but at some stage he needs to be given an opportunity to start again. After seven years he now has one and it is up to him to ensure he does not throw it away.

We share your concerns and be assured we will continue to closely monitor Shaun's involvement in the game.

Translation: we absolve our responsibility to make a stand about the calibre of people and standard we expect from people who represent the game and you as members and stakeholders of the sport.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I see the translation as: We understand he's human, and he's made a pretty horrible mistake, but like Nashy and AP have said. He is taking this lifeline to get back on track with his life.

Yours

NRL

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Coxy said:
and tried to kick to death his unborn child in her stomach.
do we need to have the birds and the bees talk coxy? [icon_razz1

i love the 2 responses they gave you - the first being completely irrelevant, and then the second basically acknowledging that they were pretty much always just going to send you a pre-determined response email, and they only replied personally because they stuff up so badly lol.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yep, typical lack of leadership from the NRL.

My response:
Nup, not good enough. The NRL has a responsibility to make a stand against violence against women. This is probably the most horrific case of violence against women involving a footballer I can recall. It's even more heinous than Greg Bird's glassing of his partner, which I still find sickening that he's allowed to play (and don't bother with the "he was found not guilty", he wasn't, he was convicted and sentenced, and overturned on appeal when he and Katie got "their stories straight").

It's yet another example of the NRL's absolute weakness in this area and it makes me question why I spend my money on a season membership every year when the organisation does not respect basic social decency or respect its position as a barometer of social standards.

Shaun Metcalf is not just getting a job. He's fulfilling a dream that many talented footballers who have never kicked the crap out of a pregnant girl miss out on. That's just sick.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
safe_image.php

The tiny little fingers of a still born foetus at 5 months gestation - about the stage Metcalf's unborn child was when he tried to kick her to death.

Go Shaun! Go the Warriors! What a man you are! You're sorry for it. Here, have a 6 figure salary and a footy card with your photo on it that kids can collect. Maybe you can send one to your 7 year old daughter you tried to kill?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
At what age will I turn into a grumpy old letter writer? Just so I can expect it.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Nashy said:
At what age will I turn into a grumpy old letter writer? Just so I can expect it.

Probably never. You don't have an empathetic bone in your body.

I'm afraid the only thing that will shake you out of your unfeeling cynicism is if something tragic happens to someone in your family as a result of the deliberate actions of a dirty **** like this.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yep. My agenda is for this guy to be sacked and banned from playing NRL footy. Clear as day.

Failing that, my agenda is hoping someone causes him a career ending, maybe even permanently disabling injury.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Nashy said:

Probably never. You don't have an empathetic bone in your body.

I'm afraid the only thing that will shake you out of your unfeeling cynicism is if something tragic happens to someone in your family as a result of the deliberate actions of a dirty **** like this.

I'm wondering if you actually know the meaning of empathy. Because in none of my posts have I really given an idication of a lack of empathy, I was only sharing my opinion on the player himself, not the girl or her family. In my argument, they really don't play any part.

He did what he did, and like I've said over and over, it was horrible and disgusting. But that doesn't change my opinion, that people who come out of prison don't deserve to be given another chance, when professionals have said that they are rehabilitated.

The system in this case has so far shown to have done it's job. Correcting someone. What's the point of a corrections system if the people getting out are met to a world of people like yourself.

Or is it that hard to come to the realisation that not everyone shares your opinion on the subject of criminals. It doesn't make me wrong, and I'm in no way saying you're wrong. You're welcome to voice your opinion, but saying I have a lack of empathy, and no feeling is silly. My feeling just happens to be for the bad guy in this case.

I notice you didn't respond to viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6769&p=306431&hilit=trust#p306431

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galco
  • Fozz
  • BRC088
  • Wolfie
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • Brotherdu
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • Galah
  • broncos4life
  • Ronald
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.