Sonny Set To Leave The NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the tossers from the footy show have the stain on the show every 2nd week. I hope they bag the crap out of him yet we all know they will be sucking his dong. Absolute disgrace IMO, if he does find a way to play over there I hope he snaps his leg first game.

The Kennel members are wanting to now sign Hunt with the money from SBW.

Beads6

Knowing SBW & his injury problems, he will probably break his leg tripping on a leaf the day before the game.

Hammo said:
My next question is to anyone who knows legal.

Even though he will be breaking his Bulldogs contract here in Australia, how can that effect him, playing in France? I mean, can the Bulldogs even sue him if he is in France? And secondly, if they can, can they touch his money, unless he is extradited back to Australia? And thirdly, seeing how he has Samoan and New Zealand citizenship, can they even extradite him to Australia?

In a nutshell, can they get his coin or not?

Kiwi's can be bought back to Australia as NZ citizens are automatic residents of Australia. Unless he's a resident of the country the contract has been signed under, he's not bound.

So he can be bought back to court over here, and the CAS can and should de-register him worldwide until he comes back.

Bhahaha true!!!

The Nine network monkey pack will be spewing! Still, this will lend weight to their theories of the 'game in turmoil". They can have special after special of "theories" of what they would do if they 1) had a clue or 2) had any sort of buisness skills (of course, forever missing the point that they are ex-footy players, without batchelor's in buisness and economics).

I need a pet name for the Nine Network Monkey Pack. eusa_think

Nashy said:
Hammo said:

Even though he will be breaking his Bulldogs contract here in Australia, how can that effect him, playing in France? I mean, can the Bulldogs even sue him if he is in France? And secondly, if they can, can they touch his money, unless he is extradited back to Australia? And thirdly, seeing how he has Samoan and New Zealand citizenship, can they even extradite him to Australia?

Kiwi's can be bought back to Australia as NZ citizens are automatic residents of Australia. Unless he's a resident of the country the contract has been signed under, he's not bound.

So he can be bought back to court over here, and the CAS can and should de-register him worldwide until he comes back.

Is that true?

So, if I breach a contract in NZ, I can be extradited to NZ?

Is breaching his contract classed as a criminal offence?? If so, I'm sure they could extradite him to face court here eusa_think eusa_think

Hammo said:
I need a pet name for the Nine Network Monkey Pack. eusa_think

The Clueless Crew? They did roll with WIlliams for awhile. [icon_evillaugh

From what I know about the law, they can charge him with

1. Breach of Contract

2. Misleading Conduct

If what Pumba posted earlier on this page is correct, they can say he was misleading them etc.

Toulon is apparently denying that the deal happened.

I don't think they can touch him because he's playing union not league. Maybe there is a financial penalty of some sort for not fulfilling his obligations but that would be it.

Gallop has already said he will back the dogs and try to make him sit out the 4 years left on his contract but I am sure SBW will have had legal advice and know exactly what is coming.

SBW has accepted an $800k/year pay rise if the reports a true (1.2mill/year) . He may be scum etc etc but thats a lot of cabbage for anyone to just turn down particularly when you are unhappy where you are.

No doubt, but there's a way about it. Just disappearing without notifying your employer is utterly low.

So he was in the 1st year of a 5 year deal... Can we assume he's being paid a weekly salary and he hasn't already been paid the full 5 years already? Surely in light of this the Dogs must get some sort of reprieve from the NRL so they can spend Money's money elsewhere?

Hammo said:
Nashy said:
Hammo said:

Is that true?

So, if I breach a contract in NZ, I can be extradited to NZ?

Is breaching his contract classed as a criminal offence?? If so, I'm sure they could extradite him to face court here eusa_think eusa_think

Only if you were a resident of NZ. You can't go over thre, sign a contract and live in Ausralia, unless the contract is legal within Australia too.

However, it's very, very unlikley that the courts would allow him to be extradited for such a petty thing, and the AFP is hardly going to get involved in something so stupid.

I think the Bulldogs / NRL's only option would be to appeal to the CAS to have any contracts he signs voided until such time as the Bulldogs release him.

It would also get difficult for the fact that they can tell him not to sign, but if the Bulldogs don't have a clause in the contract about his payments and playing games, then they maybe left with two options. Pay him over 5 years while he sits on his ass, or release him from the contract and go after another player.

The best thing to do would be work that out for them, if they get clearence from CAS that he is voided, then the Australian courts can decide on if they should have to pay him, or if he should be looking for a new job outside of sport, and effectivly ending his career.

And I'm sure all contracts would have an abandoning employment clause.

Sonny has not committed a crimminal offence, so he won't be CHARGED with anything. Nor would he be EXTRADITED from anywhere to anywhere.
What the Bulldogs can do is have Sonny sanctioned and injunctioned by Court for the Arbitration of Sport (the same people who said Nick Darcy couldn't go to the Olympics) as Nashy has said, which means he will not be able to be registered for another club anywhere in the world. French Rugby is still controlled by the IRB and the injunction would mean that Sonny's contract with the French club won't be registered by the IRB who are answerable to CAS, therefore he can't play.

Apparently Gallop has just announced on 2GB that Williams has been banned from playing in the NRL ever again. Probably doesn't acheive much at this stage, but its a start.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
Apparently Gallop has just announced on 2GB that Williams has been banned from playing in the NRL ever again. Probably doesn't acheive much at this stage, but its a start.

That is sad reactionary work again from Gallop that achieves nothing and makes it look like he is being tough when he knows full well he isn't coming back when he can make 1 million plus in RU.

What the dogs need to do is go to the court od arbitration for sport to get the injunction. i know Gallop was saying that he will be speaking to the IRB to get them to block the deal, but i don't see the IRB doing anything at all. also listening to Grandstand today, Gallop was saying that if he does play for any team other than the Bulldogs, while under contract to them then Money Bill will never be allowed to play in the NRL again.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
[quote="Major JW Hochstetter":2upi1mxr]Apparently Gallop has just announced on 2GB that Williams has been banned from playing in the NRL ever again. Probably doesn't acheive much at this stage, but its a start.

That is sad reactionary work again from Gallop that achieves nothing and makes it look like he is being tough when he knows full well he isn't coming back when he can make 1 million plus in RU.[/quote:2upi1mxr]

I can't believe your criticizing him, he did something a good thing, the next player will think twice about doing this knowing he can never come back, great move!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky24
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.