Sonny Set To Leave The NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people are blaming Gallop and the NRL for Sonny Bill leaving to play french union. the fact is SBW HAS A CONTRACT WITH THE BULLDOGS, this contract has NO get out clauses like Gasniers did.

Disgraceful from sonny bill! Big loss for league too, the game really is in a dire situation! Khoder should be banned from representing any NRL players!

With the stopping him playing for 4 years, didn't Mal Michael claim to be retiring from AFL and then sign the next season with the bombers? Could Sonny do something similar?

broncospwn said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
[quote="Major JW Hochstetter":3gyovh20]Apparently Gallop has just announced on 2GB that Williams has been banned from playing in the NRL ever again. Probably doesn't acheive much at this stage, but its a start.

That is sad reactionary work again from Gallop that achieves nothing and makes it look like he is being tough when he knows full well he isn't coming back when he can make 1 million plus in RU.

I can't believe your criticizing him, he did something a good thing, the next player will think twice about doing this knowing he can never come back, great move![/quote:3gyovh20]

Name 1 positive thing David Gallop has done to keep the stars of our game in the NRL? The guy has not put anything into place or even conceived any plans to keep these guys from leaving. He got us a crap TV deal last time, he does nothing about the dire state of the game in Sydney and is seemingly not fighting the AFL at all in West Sydney. No player will ever think twice about going to Rugby Union when they can earn 2 or 3 times as much, just because Gallop says they can never come back, why would he want to Sonny Bill was playing for a crap team and were playing in a giant crap stadium that they could only 1/4 fill on a good night. I hate what Sonny Bill did but if a competitor offered me triple the money I am on now I would do exactly the same thing.

To lose the face of the World Cup who is also a wonderful talent and part of a family of Rugby League royalty to Union and then lose the games most marketable player whom girls swoon over and kids want to emulate both here and across the ditch is unforgivable. We need Gallop gone he has done nothing even remotely positive to stop the player rot, telling players they can't come back after they go will do nothing because in terms of $'s they won't come back.

Sorry, Gallop may be fairly shit at what he does, but SBW and Gasnier leaving is hardly his fault.

SBW is an absolute ****, he kept demanding more and more money and Dogs kept upgrading his contract. They reached their limit so he ***** off to France.

SBW is a ****, he's a joke. He can fucking stay in France now, i hope the NRL keeps their word and never lets him back in the NRL.

The players are just getting greedier and greedier these days. If the NRL succumb to them, then there'll be less and less money for the grass roots of the game.

If the game becomes more and more about money, i can see less and less people becoming interested. IMO players these days earn a wage worth it of what they do, if they want more money they can **** off else where.

I don't think the NRL should move heaven and earth just to keep players that are purely interested in gaining as big a wage as they can.

**** SBW, he's a ****.

We keep losing the stars NNN, less people will tune in and less people will go to games and the money pile will dwindle further. SBW was selfish and disrespectful but what would you do with an offer that much bigger than your current one? The game is suffering badly and little is being done to fix it.

The Rock said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":3kj3ley6]We keep losing the stars NNN, less people will tune in and less people will go to games and the money pile will dwindle further.

BINGO.

I tuned out of the Knights Vs Souths game this arvo because it was boring to see fringe first graders beat Souths. Snooze fest. Who was there to watch? From a non-Newcastle-Souths fan point of view, what would get my attention in this game?

Nothing.[/quote:3kj3ley6]

Akuila Uate!! How good and quick is this bloke? He has awesome footwork and is very strong. He is also good under the high ball.

money bill should have said to his club that he had a huge offer and wanted a release. if they said no, then he should've gone to court arguing the dogs were imposing a restraint of trade. that is, he could've behaved ethically.

the nrl's top priority now is to react to this, make an example of him undEr the full weight of the law. injunction, damages, whatever. if they don't, it'll open the door for an exodus.

beyond that, they have to do something to incentivise our best players to stay in the nrl.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
We keep losing the stars NNN, less people will tune in and less people will go to games and the money pile will dwindle further.

Persue the club leagally to let me be released.

People have to stop thinking, what if you were offered the coin.

For Gasnier and co. fair enough. Thye did it the correct way.

SBW didn't.

/thread

agree 1000000000000% hammo.

The Rock said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":11eqcu6t]We keep losing the stars NNN, less people will tune in and less people will go to games and the money pile will dwindle further.

BINGO.

I tuned out of the Knights Vs Souths game this arvo because it was boring to see fringe first graders beat Souths. Snooze fest. Who was there to watch? From a non-Newcastle-Souths fan point of view, what would get my attention in this game?

Nothing.[/quote:11eqcu6t]

I was the opposite ... I missed the start cos I wasn't that keen on watching, but when I did tune in I stayed watching cos of the exciting football that was on display - didn't matter if there were no names on show.

Banning him is a cop out. Its what Union used to do in the 70s, 80s & 90s to its talent who left for League, knowing damn well they werent coming back. It shows how incredibly weak the NRL actually are. "Oh, he's leaving for a bazillion dollars, here, here's a ban which means you cant come back and earn a fraction of that EVER AGAIN! Take that!".

Whilst I dont believe what SBW did was morally right, I would have done the same, if a rival firm offered me triple my earnings. the NRL needs to actually get off their asses and make sure things like this NEVER happen again. Secure players to guaranteed contracts, protect its juniors, off incentives like international exposure (i.e. actually give a shit about tests), tours, work Origin in so that players are rewarded for their efforts with DECENT professional sports bonuses. Do something, before their blind, archaic, ARL-esque mind set f**ks it for everyone.

Next week, everyone NEEDS to take SACK GALLOP signs to the games.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
We keep losing the stars NNN, less people will tune in and less people will go to games and the money pile will dwindle further. SBW was selfish and disrespectful but what would you do with an offer that much bigger than your current one? The game is suffering badly and little is being done to fix it.

Danie Laurie, Wade Graham, Lachlan Coote, Israel Folau, Chris Sandow.

We're churning them out as quick as we're losing them.

I wouldn't have a problem with Money Bill playing Union if he did the right thing and asked for release instead of creeping off like a thief in the night leaving his team mates scratching their head. Who would trust him now anyway?

Sabu_2008 said:
Banning him is a cop out. Its what Union used to do in the 70s, 80s & 90s to its talent who left for League, knowing damn well they werent coming back. It shows how incredibly weak the NRL actually are. "Oh, he's leaving for a bazillion dollars, here, here's a ban which means you cant come back and earn a fraction of that EVER AGAIN! Take that!".

Whilst I dont believe what SBW did was morally right, I would have done the same, if a rival firm offered me triple my earnings. the NRL needs to actually get off their asses and make sure things like this NEVER happen again. Secure players to guaranteed contracts, protect its juniors, off incentives like international exposure (i.e. actually give a shit about tests), tours, work Origin in so that players are rewarded for their efforts with DECENT professional sports bonuses. Do something, before their blind, archaic, ARL-esque mind set f**ks it for everyone.

Next week, everyone NEEDS to take SACK GALLOP signs to the games.

[eusa_clap.gi Great post! Couldn't agree more!

If the Dogs get an injunction stopping him playing anywhere, banning him will stuff him up for 4 years.

Lol @ Khoder Nasser on Nine news. I've never heard someone say so little in so many words. Oh, except that Mark Geyer is a dog on dope [icon_lol1.

so what was khoder's excuse?

LOL @ Nasser being interviewed by the Effing Dribbler. As you could see, the hard questions were asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • mystico
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Battler
  • Justwin
  • BroncoFan94
  • Footy Fanatic
  • lynx000
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Browny
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.