Sonny Set To Leave The NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Gould is a total waste of air. Everything that came out of his mouth was excusing SBW and blaming the state of the game, FFS the guy left for money, plain and simple.
I didn't hear much of the interview but I think he is still getting at allowing the Kiwis play SoO, the f@#kwit has his agendas and will use any situation to ram them home.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Can someone tell me (more or less) what questions Gus asked?

elyod138

elyod138

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Hammo said:

He asked Gallop what the NRL's plans are and he couldn't give him an answer.

To be fair though Gus kept talking over the top of him.

They said it'll be available on the Triple M website tomorrow to download anyhow.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
meh, I am using the gayest firewall known to man, nothing gets through or is allowed.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
elyod138 said:
To be fair though Gus kept talking over the top of him.

Yeah that was poor form by Gus, he got quite carried away towards the end particular.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Just heard most of the interview and its as I thought, Gus brings up Kiwis can't play state of Origin as 1 reason that SBW was "driven out of our game", how's that for some spin, what a wanker.

He questions why the game hasn't grown since News Ltd took over 10 years ago but forgets to say how he alligned himself with the NSWRL who refuse to see that there are too many teams in Sydney.

He also brings up why there isn't a second team in Brisbane, the answer is because they chose to stay loyal to the ARL against the pleading of CEO Darryl Van de Velde and were then royally shafted upon amalgamation.

F@#k me I could go on for hours but this guy is just a piece of work, playing the role of critic and offering no solutions himself.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Hammo said:
He never really asked too many questions Hammo just raised his voice over the top of Gallops while he was answering other questions. It wasn't an interview as such just Gus pulling Gallop up on points as they came up.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
it was poignant. Gus listed off the game's problems and didn't offer any solutions. Gallop doesn't have solutions, and doesn't have the power to do anything while the board is a hung jury of arl and news people.

But gus was wrong to attack about it being hypocritical to fight for the sanctity of a contract. Every other contract issue has either been agreed or fought out in court. This one has to go the same way, no matter the cost

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
So what if SBW skips court next Tuesday?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
depends. He can notify the court he can't appear i believe, and have a lawyer attend to represent him.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
As if he is going to waste his time and money coming back here! He will get someone to represent him for sure

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yes, if he doesn't turn up (or get someone to represent) they delay the case if he (or someone else) doesn't turn up again on the 2nd time, Then he will basically be a criminal offender and be arrested as soon as comes back to Australia, and depending on how far they go, they could get the french court into it, then he would have to come back and be arrested.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Coxy said:
it was poignant. Gus listed off the game's problems and didn't offer any solutions. Gallop doesn't have solutions, and doesn't have the power to do anything while the board is a hung jury of arl and news people.

But gus was wrong to attack about it being hypocritical to fight for the sanctity of a contract. Every other contract issue has either been agreed or fought out in court. This one has to go the same way, no matter the cost

Dead right Coxy, the old Arl, News thing bubbled to the surface.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
And it's forever going to hold us back until the war can FINALLY be over and we have a unified board that makes the decision we all know needs to be made for the future of the game in Australia: a single body of control!

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I am ticked off cos Sonny is no where near as valuable to a team as the likes of Locky/Thurston etc, he's an awesome player, but he's not a game breaker/controller....

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
What a douchebag, challenging the salary cap. The fuckwit thinks he is bigger than the game itself.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Just a thought here, but in a few years time we may well look back on this as the catalyst which forced the powers that be to move towards a reduction in Sydney sides and proper expansion plan.

Every cloud has a silver lining they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Brocko
  • Aldo
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • Morkel
  • Justwin
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Wild Horse
  • Old Mate
  • sooticus
  • Foordy
  • Redfern_1980
  • Culhwch
  • Yeahdawg
  • Big Del
  • Dash
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.