Status
Not open for further replies.
dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Geyer in legal row with Nasser
By Dean Ritchie
July 29, 2008 FORMER Australian forward Mark Geyer is considering taking legal action against Sonny Bill Williams' manager, Khoder Nasser.

Geyer will meet with his lawyer to discuss whether there are grounds to sue.

On Channel 9 on Sunday night, Nasser claimed Geyer had smoked marijuana during his highly-successful playing career.

The drama started when Geyer, earlier on Sunday on Channel 9, labelled Williams' departure mid-contract from the Bulldogs as a "dog act".

Nasser hit back on Nine by saying: "Everyone knows he was on dope. I don't take too much comment from him, seriously.

"To refer to Sonny Bill as a dog says a lot about the dog that he is."

Geyer may also take legal action against other parties.

He will reveal his plans some time on Tuesday.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Seriously; for doing what we all want to do and yell at Gallop...... please thats **** ed up if they did.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, a bit dodgy if that's the case. But Gus really disappointed me last night. He had a golden opportunity to actually bring the issues of the game to the table in a controlled and thoughtful manner but instead went on a menopausal rage about the Super league war etc etc.

I, for one, was disgusted by it.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I hear you Coxy. I seriously thought Gus was going to bust a poo poo valve he was so worked up!

Not once did he let Gallop answer a question he had just asked without interrupting him, screaming over the top of him or screaming at him. He also made himself look like the fool we all know he is by constantly bringing up how many contracts had been broken by players in the past such as Jamie Lyon, with Gallop trying to remind Gus that both parties have agreed in those situations.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah maybe his heart got in the way, we all know how passionate he is, maybe instead of an interview they should have done it more like a debate.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Exactly! It's a point Gus can't get his head around. When the Super League clubs left to join Super League, thus breaking their loyalty agreements, what did the ARL do? Take them to court. Why? Because the ARL didn't agree to dissolve the agreement.

What is the NRL doing with Sonny Bill? Taking him to court because they don't agree to cancel the contract.

He's lost the plot. He went on and on about how the court action was an emotional response, and here he is going on a 10 minute monologue about how the game is going to hell and the sky is falling. That's not emotional?

Normally I have a bit of time for Gus and his opinions. Usually they're pretty spot on, particularly where the game at large is concerned. But he's such a bitter, angry man that simply rattles off problems without offering any kind of solution.

And poor David Gallop is the powerless hired mug that has to stand there and say "we're doing something...can't tell you what, because News and ARL can't agree to what that should be, but we're doing something".

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think it would have mattered Tee, Gus was in no mood to listen to anything Gallop had to say.

Can't remember the guys name, but you could sense that the other bloke on the commentary team was trying to get Gus to calm the hell down and was trying to move on and ask Gallop some questions and Gus even interrupted him and asked why he was asking questions like that. Stupid thing was that it was Gus who had said he wanted to discuss the bigger issues as well and that's all this guy was trying to do. You could sense he was getting pretty frustrated with Gus as well.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Whats the bet down the track when the smoke has cleared, the game will be just like what Super League wanted in the first place. And seriously its the way the game should go.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
It's a shame that gus lost the plot, he was finally starting to make sense. He's probably had all his bottled up anger over how things have been run, and finally it all spewed out in one big rage.

Watch him go and coach NSW or something now.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Gotta love how much stick Rabs gives Gus. haha

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Haha yeah.

I still believe the best way to go is for the rationalisation of the game under one body, and then say there's X licenses up for grabs in our new A-League NRL competition, 5 in NSW, 1 in ACT, 1 in Victoria, 3 in Queensland, 1 in NZ, 1 in any other region, with preference given to a new region (Perth/Darwin).

All are welcome to apply. Here's what you need to have to be considered, we'll take the best applications for each licence.

All existing clubs that don't apply for or aren't granted a licence are included in the NSW Cup/QLD Cup if they desire.

The soccer A-League did things similarly and they're going great guns now.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
The difference between A-League and NRL is that we already have an audience and customer base, the A-League had very little. Definitely gives us a great launching pad for any idea we decide to go with.

It's whether or not the NRL/ARL want to take one step back, before taking two forward.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Seriously, our customer base is diminishing and short term pain for long term gain has to be the focus from now on. Sydney people will get over it if their team is gone, and if they don't, it'll attract new fans who don't have the emotional baggage the other clubs do.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I bet bulldogs fans wouldn't care if you told them there team was moving today....strike now while the iron is hot! he he.

M

mal

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Not yet, wait till Thurston, Inglis and Slater go- then do it. 3 clubs with 1 stone.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Wow, Gus is a fucking wanker.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Makes for pretty bleak listening doesn't it? It's cringeworthy. It was a performance more fitting parliament than a football broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• jd87
  • Wolfie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Morepudding
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • thenry
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.