State Of Origin - Game 2 - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anonymous person said:
next year they need to just pick carney and pearce and stick with them. thats the halves pairing that NSW can form a team around IMO.

I'm probably the biggest Carney fan on this board, but from what I've seen this season, he's been playing like a busted arsehole. I'd love to have him in the side, and when in form he's one of the top 3 pivots in the game (behind Locky and Benji). But he shouldn't be picked when he's been playing the way he has.
At this point, I'm really not worried. The team that ran out on Wednesday night have a lot of room to grow. I remember after Game 1 in 2006, a lot of people were calling the QLD side their worst ever. Look at how that worked out.

Big Pete said:
Vidot was playing like ass.

Always good for at least two crucial errors a game.

Yep. In the offseason it was talk about Vidot vs Yow Yeh for that 2nd wing spot Folau vacated. Fair to say Yow Yeh embraced the challenge, Vidot was crippled by it.

Big Pete said:

And yet QLD still saw enough in him to put him in the squad.

He probably would've been named captain for a team that would pick Jason King to start in the front row...

Coxy said:
He probably would've been named captain for a team that would pick Jason King to start in the front row...

I'm not having a dig at QLD for putting him in the squad. I'm saying that Vidot would be a good selection, despite his ordinary club form.

dukey said:
Big Pete said:

And yet QLD still saw enough in him to put him in the squad.

Considering his competition was coming from Ash Graham and Steve Michaels I'd say he was just a lesser evil.

That plus he was pretty bloody good last season.

News just in Willie Tonga is out 6 to 8 weeks no more origin for him

langer77 said:

What an absolute machine he was though. Told the worst that could happen was a reconstruction, and he said he would play on. Legendary effort.

Like to see a Blues skirt do that.

Nashy said:
langer77 said:

What an absolute machine he was though. Told the worst that could happen was a reconstruction, and he said he would play on. Legendary effort.

Like to see a Blues skirt do that.

So true.

Origin is full of history of QLD players playing through ridiculous injuries just so they don't let their team mates down. I struggle to think of one example of a NSW player doing the same thing.

Meat77 said:
So true.

Origin is full of history of QLD players playing through ridiculous injuries just so they don't let their team mates down. I struggle to think of one example of a NSW player doing the same thing.
wallace played around a whole half with a busted nut - literally - didnt he?

watching the game on tv for the first time after i got home from suncorp, you could just see that Tongas arm was completely gone. how the hell NSW didnt just run at him every single tackle i dont know.

kudos to you Tonga, one of the most courageous things ive ever seen in sport.

Anonymous person said:
how the hell NSW didnt just run at him every single tackle i dont know.

Because it'd be pretty stupid to run at him on the first and then have the next 4 plays run back at him at marker :P

Anonymous person said:
Meat77 said:
So true.

wallace played around a whole half with a busted nut - literally - didnt he?

Yeah but he's a Bronco so his courage is without question [icon_razz1

Yeah. Wallace playing 60+ minutes with a ruptured nut. Deadset. **** that. I'd be crying.

Coxy said:
Anonymous person said:
how the hell NSW didnt just run at him every single tackle i dont know.

Because it'd be pretty stupid to run at him on the first and then have the next 4 plays run back at him at marker :P
A team full of Sam thaidays would be good at that

I honestly can't think of a Blues player other than Wallace...a Broncos rep....who played on with a bad injury.

There has to be someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • kiwi2
  • Morkel
  • Johnny92
  • The Don
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Stix
  • Fatboy
  • Rah88
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • leon.bott
  • Skathen
  • jarro65
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.